Thread: 3 Blocking every single port except 80!!!

Device(s)
    Orange M5000
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

Arrow 3 Blocking every single port except 80!!!

So i have the unlimited internet add-on. Thats great, i can do anything i need to up to 1GB per month... or so i thought! The truth is, i cant do anything. I cant check emails, i cant use msn messenger, or yahoo messenger, or google talk, or skype, or FTP clients, or [insert application here]!

So im wondering if anyone has successfully done any http tunneling or proxy setup where they can route traffic through port 80, but still make use of things like msn messenger?

Any advice would be appreciated.

BTW, im using a PocketPC phone on WM5. Internet Explorer works fine... but thats the only application that works right now, due to 3's port blocking.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    NET10
    Feedback Score
    Port 80 is HTTP, so obviously it would be unblocked for the internet access.

Device(s)
    Iphone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Vodafone
    Feedback Score
    Mamady, I share your problem. I could not use MSN Messenger too for no reason at all. i have already told 3 about it and went to their shop a few times but they still could not solve the problem.
    Until one week ago, I could not even use Skype! The reason was because I have accidentally deleted skype and tried to download from 3 website (through 3 mobile network). I saw MSN Messenger but I could not find skype. Called customer service so many times and they still could not help me. They even asked me to send the phone back for reflash. I said no because I had similar problems on the second day that I have the phone and the phone was still having some problems after reflash. Well, what is the point of sending the phone back to them when the problem still exist ( the phone made a hissy sound whenever I am making or receiving a call).
    Well, the next thing which I have an issue with them regard to my contract. Before I took up the contract, I was PROMISED that I can downgrade anytime during my 18 months contract. After contacting customer service, they said I could not do so for the duration of my contract. Oh yes, this is a classical case. Who is giving me wrong information here? The sales woman or the customer service?
    I am not really happy with 3's service. Fist of all, they tried to help me in getting skype installed on my phone. Then they realised that it could not be done but they kept on giving me the same instruction even though the solution is not possible. I have told them many times. Finally, they said that they admitted that they are upgrading their system so the option for me to install skype will not be temporarily available. Why not they tell me earlier? Bad customer service.
    I should not have taken a contract with 3. My mistake. No doubt that their network service is much better than before, nevertheless, their customer service remains questionable. Should have just stayed with Vodafone or O2.