Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Snooper Program / Unlock Codes

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Snooper Program / Unlock Codes

I recently discovered the Snooper application and am learning how to use it as we speak. Do any of you guys use it as reps in a corp store? It's great for extending length of ring time, voicemail reset, call forwarding and I also see a tab for unlock codes. Do any of you have access to the utilities tab for unlock codes or is that something that only Cust care has access to?

Device(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    according to my IT guy we're not even supposed to have access to any of those applications in that menu, but the idiots can't figure out how they've gotten there as they're not on everybody's computers.

Device(s)
    After trying many phones, the one phone that is worthy of this spot is the 6620!!
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I have access to it and the unlock tab is grayed out. Otherwise it is good for the things mentioned.

Device(s)
    BB 9630 Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    i used it a lot. its handy to change ringtimes, look up IMEI's things like that. it also is an easy way to tell what switch a subscriber is currently on. i'd have to look, but you can tell by the ss7 message what switch they are on, then go to the ss7 snap page, look up the switch, and you can know what market they are in.

i also got the unlock tab, unlocked all my test phones easily. some wouldn't though, but i could do blackberry, samsung, LG, almost any cingular phone.
    -------------------------------------------
    Free Cryptocurrency trading!
    https://www.binance.com/?ref=12860082
    -------------------------------------------
    Isriam

Device(s)
    After trying many phones, the one phone that is worthy of this spot is the 6620!!
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Isriam
    i used it a lot. its handy to change ringtimes, look up IMEI's things like that. it also is an easy way to tell what switch a subscriber is currently on. i'd have to look, but you can tell by the ss7 message what switch they are on, then go to the ss7 snap page, look up the switch, and you can know what market they are in.

i also got the unlock tab, unlocked all my test phones easily. some wouldn't though, but i could do blackberry, samsung, LG, almost any cingular phone.
    So does that mean you can hook us up?

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by ivwshane
    So does that mean you can hook us up?
    I don't think that will happen. The reason that many agents/sales reps don't have access is that there is a lot of damage that can be done if you don't know what you are doing (or some abuse if you do know what you are doing).
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Device(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by cingtd
    I don't think that will happen. The reason that many agents/sales reps don't have access is that there is a lot of damage that can be done if you don't know what you are doing (or some abuse if you do know what you are doing).

I'm just asking for unlock codes

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    Blue Death Star
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I used to have access to the unlock area, Id have to look and see if I have it still on tues. honestly though, it is only useful for older phones. not many new phones are unlockable with snooper unless it was changed.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    can a customer have access to this or would we have to go to the store? I would like to extend my ringtime.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    Blue Death Star
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by vmnot
    can a customer have access to this or would we have to go to the store? I would like to extend my ringtime.

no, a customer cannot have access to a company tool. There is a code you can use to extend your ringtime (I forgot it right now) or you can call CS or go to a store.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Sorry, but that tool is only available internally to employees for troubleshooting. CS can help you w/ extending ringtime up to 30 seconds.

Device(s)
    Nokia N75,BB 8300, iPhone, Nokia 6682, Nokia 9300, SE w810i, Blackberry 8700c
    Carrier(s)
    McCaw>AT&T Wireless>cingular>AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    ss7 snap page
    Are you using agilent for ss7/protocol analysis? Not familiar with a snap page.

Device(s)
    BB 9630 Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    we used access7 to do ss7 traces. the NOC uses it, i got access, and was able to troubleshoot a lot of things.

i'd use snooper to pull up a customer and then i could look and see what their imsi was and record it. then i could look at what switch they were currently in. you need ss7 snap webpage so you can convert the G.438 code or whatever from snooper to the point code of the switch. i'd go into the switch and do a VLR dump and verify their IMSI, IMEI, and # were all correct.

then i'd log into access7 (agilent ss7 trace program) and perform the traces. access7 is great, you can read all ss7 logs and sms/mms messages. i've forgotten a lot of this because i no longer work at at&t doing this type of work on the mobile side.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by cingtd
    Sorry, but that tool is only available internally to employees for troubleshooting. CS can help you w/ extending ringtime up to 30 seconds.
    Is what you're saying that if my current ringtime is 30-35 seconds I can extend this to almost a minute?

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Is what you're saying that if my current ringtime is 30-35 seconds I can extend this to almost a minute?
    No, the maximum ring time is 30 seconds.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast