Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Samsung SGH-a437 Bluetooth Problem

Feedback Score

Samsung SGH-a437 Bluetooth Problem

I have recently bought two samsung SGH-a437 and I cannot get the bluetooth to work on either one. I have read all through manual step by step and it has not worked. I have tried sending and recieving from many other phones and no other find can discover this samsung. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great.

Feedback Score
    I've got the same phone and have no issue connecting to it via bluetooth on my mac. Haven't tried via PC.

cletus

Device(s)
    Audiovox 8610
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I have a mac, and have had no luck being able to connect to my a437. Can you tell me what programs/settings you used?

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    First make sure you have bluetooth turned on. Its usually under settings, connectivity, bluetooth. Then make sure it says something like Activation=ON. By default your phones visibility is set to OFF, you need to turn this ON before you can see it from other devices or a computer. Once your Mac and the phone make a connection they should trust each other in the future and you should turn the visibility back to OFF for security. With Bluetooth devices you have to establish a trust first, then you can connect and sync.
    “I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.” -- Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The Bluetooth on the A437 is for headsets and Handsfree only. There are no other profiles enabled on that phone, so syncing or file transfers will not work.

Pritesh

Device(s)
    Motorola V400
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    How can you get files to this phone? I would like to use my own .mp3 ringtones.
    Nokia N85
    Samsung SGH-E780 Firmware: E780XAFE2
    Samsung SGH-E730 Firmware: E730DXEG1
    Motorola V400 Firmware: TRIPLETS_G_0B.09.2FR

Device(s)
    finally- E71-2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (again)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRAlan
    How can you get files to this phone? I would like to use my own .mp3 ringtones.
    usb cable.

Feedback Score
    I bought a USB cable and I was able to get recorded audio and pictures off the phone. But I could not put anything on the phone from USB cable even when it was the same format as the audio and pictures that are on the phone.

Device(s)
    Samsung A437
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Mac/USB

BitPim is not helping! Any Mac users with USB solutions? Or should I just bit the bluetooth bullet? Am I missing a crucial step?

Device(s)
    finally- E71-2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (again)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tsquip
    BitPim is not helping! Any Mac users with USB solutions? Or should I just bit the bluetooth bullet? Am I missing a crucial step?
    Bluetooth bullet? you do realize you can't transfer via bluetooth with this phone?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5 Active, Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    at&t (formerly Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cletuspapa
    I've got the same phone and have no issue connecting to it via bluetooth on my mac. Haven't tried via PC.

cletus
    I'd have to call BS on this post as there is no OBEX Transfer profile via bluetooth with this phone.

Get the OEM data cable and PC Studio 3.1 to transfer stuff to and from the phone.
    If you feel that you have to correct some of my posts for my capitalization of some of my words, then just bear with it. It's just a discussion forum where some may be limited by time to answer in well-versed and eloquent sentences.

I already got a PHD (Plain High School Diploma) so ignore my style of writing and I'll ignore your ignorance.

Subject: You can read this-trust me!

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.
    Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt!

When asked if I see the glass half empty or half full, I responded I see just a glass of water.
    Now you know how I think.

Feedback Score

Samsung SGH-a437 Bluetooth Problem

I didn't use bitpim - I dropped the files via bluetooth.
    Please read my post again - there was no direct mention of bitpim.

I may have used it to trim my ringtone - but I have not tried it to move files.

Thanks

Cletus

Device(s)
    Samsung A437
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Bite the bullet. Anyway, no I as led to believe that the usb/bluetooth plug in would do the trick. The question either way is...what software do you recommend?

Feedback Score

A437 no longer see's my bluetooth

Did the unlock process worked fine.
    But now when I try to use my Jabra bluetooth is does not see it?

It worked great when the phone was using AT&t but now have T-mobile on the phone

Is there a way to to get handsfree bluetooth to work?

Help please

Feedback Score
    for people that have this phone... it only has handset and handsfree profiles for bluetooth. to do file transfer you must use usb cable. i currently use samsung pc studio to transfer files... datapilot works as well. in order to transfer, the files MUST be placed in "downloaded" folder. it will not transfer to the phone otherwise....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast