Thread: help! Nokia 6275i LCD discoloration/crack *PICS inside*

Feedback Score

help! Nokia 6275i LCD discoloration/crack *PICS inside*

hello everyone, I am new here and this is my first post. Here is my issue...

I dropped my phone 2 feet off the ground onto vinyl flooring and managed to crack my screen, which was very, very surprising. It was definatley a gentle hit that this phone took.

The pictures show the crack in the LCD. The outside plastic screen on the phone does not have any damage on it, but the inside LCD has a crack from the top left corner down to the bottom right corner.

The weird part about all of this is that when the backlight is turned on, the screen has that big grey blotchy streak across it. But when the backlight is turned OFF then the image is crystal clear, there is nothing wrong with the screen...

Could you guys please give me some advice on what to do? I would like to repair the phone rather than take the loss and have to buy a new one. I have read about many people ordering new screens off ebay, and swapping them on their own. I am having trouble finding the screen and all the additional parts i need for this. (not a very popular phone?) could you guys direct me with some help please!

THANK YOU!

Feedback Score
    you can take it to a place that does nokia repairs and see what a new LCD costs, because it would be rather impossible to "FIX" the lcd you have now since its cracked already.

Or hit up e-bay or the local flea markets and look arround for some junked phone you can use for donor parts

Feedback Score
    Read the related post: http://www.howardforums.com/showpost...0&postcount=14

The part costs about $40 for the Nokia authorized all level service facilities to order but not available to end-users at large. Some online stores charge as high as $100+ for that! So, it may be less expensive to get another one or a good used one for parts.

Feedback Score
    hey guys thanks for replying...
    however i did manage to find a place close to my house that fixes cellphones, and quoted me for around $80....
    do you think this is an alright price? should i go for it? i dont have that many options to choose from cause im stuck at bell mobility! it feels like im living under a totalitarian state with those guys... never again!

Feedback Score
    j ai une lcd a 15$

ecriver moi a : [email protected]