Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Properly porting number from sprint to Sero

Device(s)
    Palm Centro
    Carrier(s)
    sprint
    Feedback Score
    I ported my number over this morning to Verizon, at about 11:30am. I have checked my account now, and my previous number is not on my sprint account anymore. It is 3:26pm now. Am I home free to port my number back to my new SERO line now? or should I wait a day or two just to make things settle in first?

By the way, Verizon is the way to go for number porting. They have been really efficient so far. I have not paid any money to them as yet for anything, none for phone, nor plan, nor activation.

Device(s)
    Samsung Moment
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint/Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info! I'll give them a call to see if my phone is considered purely Nextel, if I can port my number over to a SERO plan, that would be great!

If not, I have three situations for you all. Let me know which one would work out best.

1. Can I bring my number to Verizon Prepaid, then bring it to my SERO plan after I order it?
    2. Would I be able to set up a Verizon prepaid account then bring that number over. This way I have some control over what my number woud look like (I need a specific area code, don't ask....lol).
    3. If all else fails, could I call Sprint after I order my plan and request a specific area code?
    I buy phones for no reason.

Device(s)
    Palm Centro
    Carrier(s)
    sprint
    Feedback Score
    Why do you want to go to Veizon pre-paid? Why not go to regular verizon? The only way I would see you wanting to not go to straight verizon is if you have to pay a deposit with them.

I did not have to pay a deposit, and this is going to cost me ZERO. I went with regular verizon, and I am going to utilize their 'test drive' program, where u can return EVERYTHING within 30 days and get back All your money. I have spent ZERO since switching to Verizon. I got the $40 plan, but then I got the free phone as well, and the activation fee was waived. I am going to cancel as soon as I switch back over. I would be surprised if there is something I missed and got charged for. They include return label in the box which the phone came in, so I can just pack it up and put the label on and mail it back to them.

Some representatives are a bit picky about transferring the number from a pre-paid phone to the SERO account. I know when my office mate was doing it, they gave him the time of his life and told him numerous times that he can not transfer it from pre-paid to SERO. Maybe he didn't talk to the right representatives, but I didn't want to be stuck with that problem, that is why I did NOT go with the pre-paid route.

Yes, sprint can give you any area code you want. When I was getting the phone for my brother, I gave him a Raleigh NC area code. At first, when I gave the person the zip code, they gave me a phone number with a Charlotte NC area code, so I told them specifically that I want a 919 phone number, and after several tries, they gave me a number with the area code that I wanted.
    Palm Centro (my phone)

LG 570 Muziq

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fastzipperus
    I originally had T-Mobile prepay then I ported my number to Amp'd. After Amp'd went under I ported my number back to T-Mobile prepay, I still had my old phone so all I had to do was purchase a $10 sim card to set up an new account. Then I ported from T-Mobile to Sprint Sero. I signed up first, Sprint gave me a new number, then after a week of testing the network I decided to keep it and I ported my original number from T-Mobile to my new Sprint phone.

Edit:

I just read this over on sprintusers.com from user "sprintornosprin " on a related topic

"Hey, the best thing I would advise you to do is get a new sero number and plan and add it as an additional line to your no longer under contract account. After you have decided that you like your phone and the plan cancel the OOC line and tell them you want to reserve the number when you cancel. When you tell them to reserve the number they save it in the system so no one else can get it. It takes about 4 hours or so for it in the system. After the 4 hours or so you would call them back and they can transfer that old number to your new line. No need to get a pre paid cell phone and do it that way. I did it this way and it works!"
    First of all, sorry for my ignorance, after you sign up for a Sero plan with a new number, you can port your old number to the new phone??? What about the new number that you've just got? Secondly, so you confirm that Sprint can port from a prepay number? Finally, I didn't know that you can ask them to reserve the number you cancel. One interesting thing I found out is that on the Sero web site, at the bottom of the screen where it asks you to enter your current number to check if you can port your number, I input my current Sprint number and when I hit enter, it said "Congratulations! At least, one of your numbers can be brought to either to the Nextel...." Is this system error because that means that I can convert my regular plan to Sero plan?

Device(s)
    Samsung Moment
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint/Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by profroopchan
    Why do you want to go to Veizon pre-paid? Why not go to regular verizon? The only way I would see you wanting to not go to straight verizon is if you have to pay a deposit with them.
    It would just be easier for me as I have a Verizon at home collecting dust. All I have to do is get it activated online.

Device(s)
    Palm Centro
    Carrier(s)
    sprint
    Feedback Score
    I ported my number back to sprint just now. I called the direct number to the porting department. 1-877-688-1969. I gave the lady my old number (which was previously ported to Verizon), and she just ported it to my new phone.
    She says that in about 3 hours, it will be fully ported over. As of right now, both phones are still active. I am able to make calls on both phones, and it shows up on the other person's caller ID as my ported number. When I receive calls however, it goes to the correct sprint phone. I am not sure what other settings I need to change on my phone to get back the full functionality out of my Centro.

I will update tomorrow in regard to the full extent of the transfer.

Device(s)
    Palm Centro
    Carrier(s)
    sprint
    Feedback Score
    My phone number is now fully transfered from Verizon Wireless back to Sprint SERO. I called Verizon and verified that my number was canceled. The only thing left for me to do is to return the phone now. Verizon included a return shipment label in the box, so I only need to photocopy the receipts and send back everything to them.

Device(s)
    Sanyo-8100 (KEWL)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    goodjob my friend and thank you for keeping us posted.. this process started about a week ago you would say?
    booo

Device(s)
    HTC Arrive (soon to be replaced)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    yes, thank you for sharing this information with us. It's appreciated and very useful.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2