Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: WM6 treo upgrade (also now covers WM6.1)

Device(s)
    Nokia E71-2
    Carrier(s)
    CINGULAR/AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Anyone else having problems with the downloaded file? Every time I download the zip file, it opens with WinRAR (evaluation copy), but if I try to open/extract/test the file I always get the same error about 40% through the file:
    "C:\Documents and Settings\BobbyNew\Desktop\Treo750_2_25_ATT_EN_Desk topUpdater(2).zip: CRC failed in Results\\Treo750_2_25_ATT_EN_DesktopUpdater.exe. The file is corrupt!

I tried downloading with Explorer and Firefox just incase that makes any difference. Any other ideas?

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max / Apple iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / AT&T MX / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    No, the file I downloaded with FF and I.E 7.0 extracted without any issues on WinRAR 3.30. What happens if you do it again?

Device(s)
    Palm Treo 750 w/ Unbranded WM6
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular (Orange)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markcobra
    So does the unbranded rom have the speed dial issue? I find that to be the single most annoying thing on the treo and I dont like using the buttons on the screen it takes to much room.
    Same here. Speed dial works perfectly in the unbranded rom. Just finishing switching over to it.
    JT

Got Ping?

Have question about a Premier/FAN account? Click Here.

Device(s)
    Nokia E71-2
    Carrier(s)
    CINGULAR/AT&T
    Feedback Score
    OK, well Palm gave me another serial number to use and this time the download worked correctly. That was about three hours ago and I finally have my phone updated. Everything that could go wrong with my computer/phone did lol, but all is good now.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular (Orange)
    Feedback Score
    That's weird 'cause you downloaded the same exact zip file after entering the serial number.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max / Apple iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / AT&T MX / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    Even more weird is that I simply used the direct link without using any serials and my download was fine.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular (Orange)
    Feedback Score
    Same here.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    So I put the unbranded rom on my treo and it takes forever to find a signal. I mean like minutes. Everythingelse is fine though. I think I might go back to the att rom.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular (Orange)
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Palm Treo 750: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 6.12) UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

Same thing would happen to me with WM5. I just soft reset after turning the radio on.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yeah I noticed if I soft reset it, it finds the signal right of way. But I didnt want to have to do that all the time.

I actually went back to the leaked rom. Thats whats great about using the SD card method you can flash to any rom at anytime with no problem.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Palm has some funky instructions for the sd card method of the official rom, I guess to make it easy. It has some autorun files etc..so the update automatically runs once the card is inserted in the phone.

Does anyone know if you can just use the CHEEIMG.nbh file from the offical rom and run it just like the leaked and unbranded versions by putting it on the sd card and holding the side key reset button? I extracted the file, its 81.8MB.

I think by doing this you can keep swapping roms in case one doesnt work upto spec because it doesn't update the rom version on the phone. I upgraded to the att leaked version and then to the unbranded version and then back to att leaked one and my phone said TREO750-1.13-CNG each time even after hard resets which is fine because I know the roms were on there correctly.

Can I do the same with the official file? Just wondering if the other files are needed in the sd uploader download, 2577 folder and CHEEIMG.md5?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular (Orange)
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Palm Treo 750: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 6.12) UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

Yup.

Device(s)
    Motorola Q9h
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Well so far WM6 has been a total disaster for me. I installed it on two Treo 750's, one of which was a mere week old, and both have had serious stability issues. In fact the brand new 750 loses the ability to sync with ActiveSync and then locks up upon soft reboot. The only way to get it to function again is with a hard reboot. I never would have dreamed that WM5 would be a better option than WM6, but it appears to be the case. Is anyone else having similar problems?

Device(s)
    BB Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I'm debating to this phone or the tilt. Is there anyone that has used both of these phones ? The WM6 with the qwerty keyboard like the Q which really has me interested in this phone. But it seems all the lime light is towards the tilt, q9h, and the N75. No one has even recommended the Palm.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular (Orange)
    Feedback Score

I used a Tilt for a couple ays before I sold it. found it annoying having to slide the keyboard out. I like where the keyboard is on the treo, makes typing one handed a lot easier.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast