Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: WM6 treo upgrade (also now covers WM6.1)

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S Glide
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Go Phone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalslurp
    For those that are cautious about the link I posted, that's the actual download link that Palm gives you after entering the serial number. I didn't upload it. R3h.net is one of the domains Akamai uses. They provide services for a lot of big corporations like Palm, Apple, Audi, and IBM.
    This is correct. That is the link I got once my serial number worked.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max / Apple iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / AT&T MX / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WM4me

I don't notice that much of a difference between this final upgrade and the leaked WM6 ROM. I'm still being annoyed by the Palm "enhancements" and irritated by the new bug of locking the keypad immediately taking you to the Today screen, something that did not happen in WM5. But now that my Treo has an official WM6 ROM, it is going up on sale pretty soon.
    It would of been nice if the keyguard was optional, but I'll get used to pressing the center button to unlock it. Other than that I'm glad to see the minor additions like the "E" and the triangle icon on the unbranded version of WM 6.0.

Does installing the AT&T ROM re-lock the 750 if it's unlocked?
    Not that it matters since I have an AT&T line, but I prefer to keep my devices unlocked.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S Glide
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Go Phone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by i0wnj00
    Does installing the AT&T ROM re-lock the 750 if it's unlocked?
    Not that it matters since I have an AT&T line, but I prefer to keep my devices unlocked.
    No it doesn't. I unlocked my Cingular Treo 750 and I'm using it with SunCom. I still can use my SunCom SIM and manual network selection still works for me after the upgrade.
    It would of been nice if the keyguard was optional, but I'll get used to pressing the center button to unlock it.
    Keygard can be made optional. You can go to Start - Settings - Keylock and set the drop down list to Disabled. Once you do this, keylock will only work if you explicitly press FunctionKey+CallEnd.

Device(s)
    Palm Treo 750 w/ Unbranded WM6
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular (Orange)
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Palm Treo 750: Palm750/v0005 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.6) UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

It would of been nice if the keyguard was optional, but I'll get used to pressing the center button to unlock it.
    It is optional. You can disable it in Start - Settings - Personal tab - Keyguard. Can set how long until it locks or disable completely.
    Last edited by digitalslurp; 12-05-2007 at 11:49 PM.
    JT

Got Ping?

Have question about a Premier/FAN account? Click Here.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular (Orange)
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Palm Treo 750: Palm750/v0005 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.6) UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

Anyone else having a problem with speed dial not working? Sometimes it work, most of the time it won't. Just scrolls 1 along the lookup field. Worked fine with the unbranded ROM.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Anyone else having a problem with speed dial not working? Sometimes it work, most of the time it won't. Just scrolls 1 along the lookup field. Worked fine with the unbranded ROM.
    Yeah mine does that too and I have the leaked rom. Never happened when it was wm5. I've read alot of people have same issue. Was hoping the official would fix that. I don't see any reason to upgrade to the official from the att leaked rom.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular (Orange)
    Feedback Score
    Yeah I'm thinking about going back to the official unbranded ROM that Palm released a couple weeks back. Haven't gained anything by installed the AT&T branded ROM.

Device(s)
    at&t band Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    at&t mobility - more bars in less places...I want more 3G!
    Feedback Score
    The big thing for me (and I posted in Treo central) is the ability to switch on and off the at&t proxy. This is nice for when I need to travel or when I want to use the isp.cingular apn
    Victor
    FAN IRU enterprise shared plan + Smartphone international data Plan +unlimited msg + 2 share lines + Dataconnect Plan + Microcell w/ unlimited calling plan
    at&t band Nexus one / Samsung Jack / Novatel Mifi 2372 on at&t
    CRU Blackberry bold 9700 + BB International Data Plan

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular (Orange)
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, but you can do the same with the unbranded ROM, just use My ISP when you don't want the proxy, and create another connection to use that does have the proxy settings. I'm switching back to the unbranded rom now. Wasn't a complete waste trying out the AT&T ROM, I at least was able to get the phone software updated to 2.X instead of the buggy 1.13 that had audio issues.

Device(s)
    at&t band Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    That's the problem...even with the unbranded rom, the at&t proxy was hard-coded on the sim, and would load up and lock in on the phone any time you loaded an at&t sim. Even if I stuck in my China Mobile SIM card, or my Vodafone account SIM card, the phone would be locked on at&t's wap proxy.

The internet connection would work and activesync exchange would be all happy, but the browser would just stall if I tried another apn (in this case, isp.cingular). So, with my China Mo SIM and my Vodafone SIM, the browser would stall looking for the cingular proxy....blech!

There is a hack, but it doesn't allow you to change between wap.cingular (which requires the proxy) and other stuff (which requires the proxy off) so easily. This small app is just what I needed.

Remember, this is a problem unique to the Treo 750. In fact, the other HTC phones (I compare them because the Treo is also mfg'd by HTC) don't have this issue, and in fact have a separate Proxy setup that is in fact missing on the Treo. Stupid palm

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular (Orange)
    Feedback Score
    Wow, didn't realize it was still included in the unbranded rom. That's stupid. I wonder if there's a way to strip the proxy program out of the AT&T rom so it can be used in the unbranded rom.

Device(s)
    at&t band Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, I was thinking exactly the same thing...how do i get the little app? Remember, it's not the rom that's the problem...it's the at&t sim forces a proxy along with the wap settings....it just gets written on the phone the first time the card is stuck in the phone. I believe this is a sim feature. Most other mobile providers don't use this feature on their SIM cards, but at&t does on theirs...

Now, you can actually manually clear the proxy settings from the phone...but you gotta do a hard reset. Do I want to do a hard-reset every time I travel, and then reload all my apps? Not really..

The Cingular video is sorta fun too though..

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular (Orange)
    Feedback Score
    What about this? Might be useful, but looks like you still have to run the registry edits for the proxy.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    So does the unbranded rom have the speed dial issue? I find that to be the single most annoying thing on the treo and I dont like using the buttons on the screen it takes to much room.

I debranded my nokia n75 and its great. Mine as well do the same with my treo.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max / Apple iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / AT&T MX / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WM4me
    Keygard can be made optional. You can go to Start - Settings - Keylock and set the drop down list to Disabled. Once you do this, keylock will only work if you explicitly press FunctionKey+CallEnd.

It is optional. You can disable it in Start - Settings - Personal tab - Keyguard. Can set how long until it locks or disable completely.
    Whew..what a relief. Thank you WM4me and digitalslurp for the heads up.
    I was growing a little annoyed at it.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast