Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: WM6 treo upgrade (also now covers WM6.1)

Device(s)
    Fuze
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

WM6 treo upgrade (also now covers WM6.1)

I read on the AT&T forums that the wm6 upgrade will be released more than likely on 10/30. Does anyone here have any 411 regarding that?

Device(s)
    Bag phone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I already have it installed and it works great

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ROLLTIDE
    I already have it installed and it works great
    I think he meant the official wm6 upgrade, not the one floating around on XDA. On that note, I have been running it as well and it's pretty nice. I would like to see the official one out soon though.

Feedback Score

Device(s)
    ATT Tilt 2
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    that link will not accept my serial number off of my 750.

i wonder whats up?

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    What the posters in this thread are referring to in not so many words is that Palm has released the official WM6 upgrade for the unbranded Treo 750 (IE not branded by ATT/Cingular or Rodgers).

For those of you who might try to install this on their ATT-branded device, let me offer these bits of sage advice:

1) Yes, it does work. Perfectly. And it is a not insignificant improvement over the leaked ATT beta.

2) The installer won't install on a branded device. You're going to have to flash using the same method as installing the WM6 beta (Copying CHEEIMG.nbf to a FAT32-formatted SD card and rebooting while holding in the reset button and the PTT button).

3) To get the CHEEIMG.nbf file out of the update, run the installer until it refuses to install (then don't click anything) and search your computer for CHEEIMG.nbf. Right-click on it and select Open Containing Folder.

4) Get the file out of that folder named CHEEIMG_something.nbf. It's the one thats 83,000kb. The other file CHEEIMG.nbf is like 3,000kb.

The ROM runs great, doesn't have any applications that screw up the home screen (something in the beta was putting in a horizontal scroll bar randomly). MSVC is a new version which fixes a few small bugs with BT, and most of the Palm-developed programs are more responsive, especially the threaded SMS app.

The only negative I've been able to come up with is that PTTfix doesn't work with this ROM, although it didn't work 100% with the ATT beta either. Also, it appears that the SIM access profile is disabled. It was working fine in the ATT beta. If I come up with a proceedure to re-enable it that doesn't involve JetWare Mobile, I'll reply to this thread.

Device(s)
    Fuze
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    yes I meant the offical AT&T. really hope it comes out on 10/30 as reported by the guy in the AT&T forums. Apparently he had it confirmed with a top AT&T exec.

Device(s)
    Palm Treo 750 w/ Unbranded WM6
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular (Orange)
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Palm Treo 750: Palm750/v0000 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320) UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

Take everything you see online with a grain of salt. That said, hopefully it will be released today.
    JT

Got Ping?

Have question about a Premier/FAN account? Click Here.

Device(s)
    Palm Treo 750 w/ Unbranded WM6
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular (Orange)
    Feedback Score
    Guess today wasn't the day either.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by apok
    Wirelessly posted (Palm Treo 750: Palm750/v0000 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320) UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

Take everything you see online with a grain of salt. That said, hopefully it will be released today.
    They've been saying that since March.

Device(s)
    Fuze
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    just checked again and update still not available. wondering if Blue will ever stand by its word

Device(s)
    Bag phone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    blue ? Who is that

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by guandalf
    just checked again and update still not available. wondering if Blue will ever stand by its word
    Word was update by end of year. Have you seen anything from AT&T that said anything different?

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    A quick question for someone who has tinkered with WM6 on the Treo 750, will it send the name of the caller to a bluetooth headset that supports caller ID display? I know that some of the Samsung Windows Mobile devices will send the name as well as the number if you have the caller's name in your phonebook but the Treo only sends the number. I was hoping that WM6 will add that functionality.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast