Thread: Network Mode N75

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson k790a
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score

Network Mode N75

is there a way to choose the network mode on an ATT branded Nokia n75?

or do i need to debrand? (which i cant figure out lol)

Thanks!
    More bars in more places: an alcoholic's dream come true.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS, Moto Cliq (unlocked)
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    only the debranded ones do that.

Feedback Score

fwiw...

debranding was a breeze. i was completely unfamiliar with the two pieces of sw needed but had no trouble getting it done. if you have a specific question i'm sure it can be easily answered.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson k790a
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    if its that simple anyone want to give the most basic instructions? i already have NSS and NSU + PC Suite....

Feedback Score
    without retyping, I think this is the simplest to follow and what I used when I did mine.
    http://www.thegogglesdonothing.com/a...firmware.shtml

I do believe that when I started NSS, I had to get to the correct page/screen for the product code. It didn't default to that screen on startup. Otherwise it's very straightforward.

Assuming your phone is unlocked, right?

GL.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson k790a
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Not unlocked but i emailed att and am waiting for a response. Is there a way to do it without getting it from them? Not trying to break forum unlocking rules. I just wanted to know if its possible.

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    yes its possible. once you get unlock code from ATT, then you are ready to debrand. pretty easy.

yes ATT removed the network select feature.
    Current Device: Nexus One
    Phone History: |N97 Mini| |5800| |E71-2| |N95-4| |N95-3| |N75| |6131| |6230| |SE T616|

| My HoFo Feedback |

Device(s)
    LG N5
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    BTW, the network select has come in handy for me. I have had to switch from UMTS to GSM a few times this week because of "packet data" errors. When I am on GSM they never happen, but when on "dual mode" I have had some trouble at times with the network. I prefer the UMTS mode, but when it continues to give me a "packet data error, packet data not available" error than I use what is available.

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    network selection being handy is an understatement. sometimes during rush hour, UMTS has capacity issues and making calls is impossible with busy signals. force to gsm, calls work fine. or if your on the edge of coverage and it switches back and forth. i can think of countless, real world examples where having this option is actually a necessity. its hard to beleive ATT thinks users would need this function, and actually DELIBERATELY remove it. why not just leave it in the menu? they must have serious faith in their network, and its not even close to good enough to have this removed. oh the humanity.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson k790a
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    att sent me back a useless email telling me how to activate international roaming, no help on actually unlocking the phone calling tonight