Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Thread: GPS and Mapping Guide for Beginners

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by YNOTT
    There was an update to Maps 2.0 just completed. Anybody try it and notice any diff that I should try to update?
    Also what is involved in updating is it the same instructions as upgrading from the original? I dont want to screw up my paid license.
    i updated last night to the latest beta, and all seems well. the program now starts up much faster. my license is still working. some things seem to be improved like menu speed mostly.
    Current Device: Nexus One
    Phone History: |N97 Mini| |5800| |E71-2| |N95-4| |N95-3| |N75| |6131| |6230| |SE T616|

| My HoFo Feedback |

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    thanks YNOTT but i couldn't find anything , the only thing i found and it was on the phone help option page is that increasing the usage percentage will increase the map data but what kind of map data is not mentioned.

I can confirm that the map update of yesterday as increased the list of places(POI) since i found today others place that where not listed before.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Need some advice

First off, thanks for the great thread.

I have a couple of questions. I have the N76, which came with Nokia maps v1.2. I can use the navigable maps fine, but what I really want are some non-navigable maps... any idea where to get those? I am using nokia maps loader v1.3, and it only has navigable maps.

Recently, I tried to update my nokia maps to v2.0, but every time I do so, it gives me "update error" during instillation. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    It seem the nokia maps 2.0 doesn't offer turn by turn navigation (not voice navigation) from what nokia told me so im wondering what program is the best in all the current available since even a one time fee wouldn't mind me since nokia maps navigation is a subscription service and i don't see why i should pay for something that is not that accurate compared to the others available and don't cost that much.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon 1400 A/T Mins
    Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Zlat
    It seem the nokia maps 2.0 doesn't offer turn by turn navigation (not voice navigation) from what nokia told me so im wondering what program is the best in all the current available since even a one time fee wouldn't mind me since nokia maps navigation is a subscription service and i don't see why i should pay for something that is not that accurate compared to the others available and don't cost that much.
    Garmim hands down. Check my sig. I'm selling mine. PM me if your interested.
    1000th Post on March 27th, 2007 @ 11:09PM.
    2000th Post on July 30th, 2007 @ 9:05PM.
    3000th Post on Sept. 17th 2009 @ 8:20AM.

NOOB PHOTO BLOG

MY EBAY FEEDBACK

MY HOFO FEEDBACK

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    with garmin is there anyway i can just put all the content of the sd card into a bigger card that contain also all my pictures and other stuff.

Also does the garmin work well in any town ? Since im in Montreal.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon 1400 A/T Mins
    Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    with garmin is there anyway i can just put all the content of the sd card into a bigger card that contain also all my pictures and other stuff.

Also does the garmin work well in any town ? Since im in Montreal.
    Yes there is a way to put it on another card but I had 700mb of free space on the Garmin card so that holds all my pictures and programs. Yes it works fine in any city.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Garmin xt is a one time fee ?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon 1400 A/T Mins
    Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Yes it is. I'm selling mine for $60 but if I sell it to you it would be $65 due to extra shipping to canada.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    thanks , but i was looking also at route66 and it seem i can upload it to any sd cards i want and it's what i want.I don't know though what are the differences between garmin and route 66 in term of gps options or accuracy.

Device(s)
    N95-3
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T,
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    thanks , but i was looking also at route66 and it seem i can upload it to any sd cards i want and it's what i want.I don't know though what are the differences between garmin and route 66 in term of gps options or accuracy.
    I was looking at the two of these also. Garmin seems to be more reputable, but the fact that I can upload Route66 to any microSD card (without a hack) is a huge plus, of course its more expensive though.

Can anyone who has used both of these apps comment on their preference and why?

Thanks

Device(s)
    SE K790
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    i heard its possible to get voice turn by turn instructions on the n82 without having to pay at all. Is this possible?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Anyone has any idea of what route66 offer and don't vs garmin ?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

vz navagator

Hi,Does anyone know if there is text to speech with vz navagation? What I want to know is if it speaks the name of the street to turn on.
    Thanks

Device(s)
    Nokia E72
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    i updated my nokia maps to 2.0, only to find out there is no more 'itinterary'....
    i had to factory reset my phone to get it back to 1.2

does anyone know why nokia removed itinerary from maps 2.0?

Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast