Thread: Somerset cty NJ 3g

Feedback Score

Somerset cty NJ 3g

I know ATT is trying to get 3g out as quick as possible, however i live on fringe 3g coverage in somerset, is there a plan to cover the remaining pieces of NJ ?

Carrier(s)
    prepaid baby
    Feedback Score
    for what i have seen the past few weeks driving around att is in now hurry to expand like verizon and sprint did with their roll out..

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FullStrength
    I know ATT is trying to get 3g out as quick as possible, however i live on fringe 3g coverage in somerset, is there a plan to cover the remaining pieces of NJ ?
    The remaining pieces happens to be MOST of NJ.
    I DON'T HAVE A SIGNATURE....SORRY

Carrier(s)
    prepaid baby
    Feedback Score
    SWiss cheese 3g coverage is more like it with it mostly being large holes.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The same thing happened with the TDMA to GSM migration. In the beginning GSM was swiss cheese coverage while TDMA was strong. Once they flipped the switch on GSM 850, everything changed like night and day! I expect the same will happen with 3G.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon/Cingular
    Feedback Score
    The rest of somerset county should be turned on as of today.

Feedback Score
    It didnt happen, maybe in the next few days. Literally its like 1 tower away from me is 3g. But i am just alittle to far.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile (current)
    Feedback Score
    That's funny, a friend of mine in Warren Township (Somerset County) NJ gleefully texted me this morning to let me know that they're now getting a 3G signal there.

Left: iPhone 6+ on T-Mobile. Right: Comcast home internet connection.

Carrier(s)
    prepaid baby
    Feedback Score
    montgomery twp in somerset now had utms also they turned on a tower in hopewell township in mercer around hopewell boro on cherry valley road. thats it im not sure about rest of somerset. they still have a long way to expand outwards at this pace.

Feedback Score
    This morning alot of Franklin township(somerset) was completed, I couldnt believe the amount overnight. I think the progession is east to west. this is what i dont get is that on the map its all blue, yet my phone will get to Edge then back to 3G.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson k790a
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    it seems like ATT forgot most of northern NJ for some reason except the highways leading down south

HMMMM i wonder if it has anything to do with the ATT general headquarters in Holmdel

areas in northern NJ that were the first to get EVDO- some earlier than NYC- still don't have 3g
    More bars in more places: an alcoholic's dream come true.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I've said it before and I'll say it again... the 3G footprint in NJ baffles me. They haven't been able to blanket fully the massively populated areas/heavily traveled corridors of northern and central jersey (including all of middlesex and monmouth co.). However, they blanketed the coastal Ocean County area (even the boonies of Waretown) all the way down to AC.. I can understand the logic behind all of it during the Memorial thru Labor Day season. The rest of the year, it's dead..
    Whereas, Monmouth County lacks 3G on a good stretch of 18, parts of Long Branch and the most important- Route 9 through Marlboro down to Howell (except the 195 merge). I'm sure there are other reasons besides the NIMBY's, but those haven't been communicated yet. That only further makes me question at&t's logic and their ongoing 3G efforts.

Middlesex County- another county right in the middle, another huge traveling corridor. 3G's got more holes than government swiss cheese..

North Jersey- What else can we say that already hasn't been said??

Carrier(s)
    prepaid baby
    Feedback Score
    yes i agree. its not only in new jersey this is happening in most of the 3g rollout areas. its been a spotty and sloppy rollout with no logic....... and their 3g coverage maps are not very accurate either. hats off to verizon and sprint. for rolling out their evdo much wider consistant coverage.

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    it is mind boggling when i hear people say how much available spectrum in certain areas is there which att could be using. if 2008 isnt the year that ATT comes out with guns blazing then they are officially crazy in my book. last year you could give the benefit of mergers which limited funds. but this year there is no excuses.
    Current Device: Nexus One
    Phone History: |N97 Mini| |5800| |E71-2| |N95-4| |N95-3| |N75| |6131| |6230| |SE T616|

| My HoFo Feedback |

Carrier(s)
    prepaid baby
    Feedback Score
    i agree no more excuses there really seem to be big issues in north jesey philly, and adjacent south jersey . only 8 miles southest of center city philadelpia the 3g coverage ends in highly densely populated suburbs of south jersey just sad... One area where theyare continously expanding with seemless 3g coverage is the lehigh valley. even will driving around the suburban areas 3g remains stable and no reverting back to edge... they have done a good job in that area upgrading the towers in the valley and on the high ridges..making the hsdpa coverage much larger.. 3g even bleeds over in to upper bucks county now.