Thread: razr2 v9m and mpt

Device(s)
    Samsung Acclaim
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score

razr2 v9m and mpt

I cannot get my razr2 v9m to work with mpt. I updated the software and tried to connect using v9m, v9mm & v9ms - nothing. How can I get my mpt to work with this crazy phone?

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    What version of MPT do you have?

Device(s)
    HTC Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I have an Alltel V9m and can connect with the .56 version with Bluetooth. I cannot connect if the microSD card and use the USB cable. If I remove the card I can connect.
    I'm worried that the universe will soon need replacing. It's not holding a charge.
    Edward Chilton

Device(s)
    Motorola v262
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score

Control Panel Settings

I've posted this elsewhere, but it's worth noting.

MPT only works if your computer has the Motorola Modem set to a COM between 1 and 9. I had this problem this weekend and troubleshot it a few hours before getting my v9mm working.

Control Panel > Phones and Modems > Properties

See the list of modems installed. There should be your computer ones, plus one called "Motorola Modem" if you've installed MPT and tried connecting your phone. If your phone is still connected with the USB cable, you can click on advanced properties (or something to that effect - sorry, not in front of my laptop right now) and see which COM port it is set to. Change it to something between 1 and 9.

Go to the MPT, and find your settings in there. Somewhere in these settings it prompts you to connect your phone again for autodetection, but DO NOT AUTODETECT. Select your phone from a list. Pick CDMA, then you will see a list of CDMA phones in the right window. Choose your phone.

There's some steps missing, but basically this is what you need to do. I unplogged my phone, plugged it in again, and didn't have any problems (before I was getting "Initiating" flashing over and over, or a message indicating that another process was using my phone or that it wasn't initiated yet.)

I hope this helps. Worked for me. Now I'm trying to figure out how to get my ringtones I've made with the melody application in MPT to be "Applyable" on my Telus phone. Right now I can't use these ringtones stored on my phone (not my memory card).

Another thing (that is obvious but worth checking): Go to your settings, then your Network settings, and then choose your USB settings and ensure that you have it set to Modem/COM. If you have it set to Memory Card, your computer will use your phone like a memory card. Neat.

Cheers!

Feedback Score

You do not need MPT, a MicroSD card will work just fine.

You do not need to spend any money on 3rd party software to transfer files off of this phone, aka MPT. But a MicroSD card is required.

Steps for Phone:

1.) Install MicroSD card. (This is required as the phone will not show up as a Mass Storage device, only the MircoSD will)

2.) Go to Menu --> Settings --> Connection --> USB Settings, set it to USB Drive if it isn't already.

Steps for PC:

1.) Install phone drivers (These can be found on Motorola's website)

2.) Connect PC to Phone using USB Cables included with the phone.

3.) Browse to the folder.