Thread: Copying contacts from phone to sim

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Copying contacts from phone to sim

I have a krzr k1 and can't seem to copy all my contacts to the sim card all at once... the only way to do it is one by one.
    So I tried using MPT to copy it all but when I try it says contact does not contain any synchronizable info blah blah.....

Anyone know what I can do???
    THanks

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I am having the same issue..still have not figured this out.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    In case anyone else still has an old Motorola KRZR K1 handset and want to move all their contacts from Phone to SIM so that they can put the SIM into a new handset, I thought I'd answer this old post (it still comes up on Google using 'Motorola Phone contacts to SIM' search term). I've got two of these handsets and still use one for business calls (I have a touchscreen phone for personal calls). One of my handsets lost the volume control button so I wanted to move the SIM to the other KRZR K1 handset with all my phone contacts. You can only move contacts from Phone to SIM if you are in a certain 'view' mode. This is how it is done:

Go To > Menu >Phonebook

Click on the Phonebook icon, then from inside the contacts list, click Options at the bottom left of the screen. Scroll down to 'View' and select 'Phone Contacts'. The screen will go back to the contacts list again automatically. Select Options again and scroll down to 'Select Multiple to>' and then choose 'Copy to SIM card'. (If you do not see this option but only see 'Copy to Phone', you must still be in the SIM contacts list. You have to be in the Phone contacts list to be able to 'Copy to SIM'. Follow the above instructions carefully to get into the right View mode.)

The screen will go back to the contacts list again but this time you will see an empty box next to each contact. If you want to copy all your contacts across to the SIM in one go, select Options again and then select 'Select All' and OK. The command will process and tell you when it is finished. Go to Option>View again and select SIM contacts. Go through them and chuck out any duplicates.

If you want to only move some of the contacts, instead of using the 'Select All' command, tick the empty check box of the ones you want to move and then select 'Done'.

You may find that the 'Copy to SIM' command cannot complete because there is not enough room on the SIM. If this happens, go through every number already on your Phone contacts list (Phonebook>Options>View>Phone contacts) and your SIM contacts list (Phonebook>Options>View>SIM Contacts) and chuck out all those you no longer use to make some space. Then follow the instructions again to copy all, or some of the Phone contacts to the SIM card.

Once you have tidied up the SIM list by removing any duplicates and double checked you have all the contacts you need, power down the handset and move the SIM to the new phone.

Aubrey2013
    Last edited by AubreySimpson; 10-11-2013 at 06:03 AM.