Feedback Score

area code change? for 818?

"Anything with a SIM"

Device(s)
    Nokia 5310 w/Jabra BT250V handsfree, Nokia 6010, Nokia 6030
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US, Fido, T-Mobile NL, Orange IL
    Feedback Score
    What they need to do is bite the proverbial bullet and just apply an overlay to the area. Nobody has to change their area code or print up new business cards or change signs. This is the 21st century. Get with the program.
    Moderator yahoogroups forum T-Mobile-US http://groups.yahoo.com/group/T-Mobile-US

Feedback Score
    yes everyone vote for the overlay. changing the area code will be a disaster.

heres a scenario most people don't think about... in my case we have had our home # for 25+ years. we have family and friends out of the country. some we talk to on a regular basis other we don't but they all have our 818 # that they know is ours since we have had it for forever if they get a recording "the area code has been changed... call again..." they wont know that the hell that means let alone what to do. If its was an emergency they are calling for it would be an even bigger disaster.

an overlay is the only smart solution. the only incontinence is that you have to dial 1-818 before every #. this is just a simple case of getting used to it.

info here:
    http://www.cpuc.ca.gov/static/telco/...de+info/ac818/

submit your vote here:
    http://www.cpuc.ca.gov/ac818/

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by intofx
    yes everyone vote for the overlay. changing the area code will be a disaster.

heres a scenario most people don't think about... in my case we have had our home # for 25+ years. we have family and friends out of the country. some we talk to on a regular basis other we don't but they all have our 818 # that they know is ours since we have had it for forever if they get a recording "the area code has been changed... call again..." they wont know that the hell that means let alone what to do. If its was an emergency they are calling for it would be an even bigger disaster.

an overlay is the only smart solution. the only incontinence is that you have to dial 1-818 before every #. this is just a simple case of getting used to it.

info here:
    http://www.cpuc.ca.gov/static/telco/...de+info/ac818/

submit your vote here:
    http://www.cpuc.ca.gov/ac818/
    First of all for several months if an area code has changed the recording will tell you the new area code and you just substitute that new area code for the old one. NBP (no big problem.)

Second incontinence is when you can't hold your pee in

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Telekom
    First of all for several months if an area code has changed the recording will tell you the new area code and you just substitute that new area code for the old one. NBP (no big problem.)

Second incontinence is when you can't hold your pee in
    ha.. spell check failed me. must of hit the wrong one in the rush. obviously inconvenience was the word.

second of all the recording is a problem for people OUT of the country who don't speak or understand english very well or at all. unlike most americans think there IS a whole world outside of the US.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by intofx
    ha.. spell check failed me. must of hit the wrong one in the rush. obviously inconvenience was the word.

second of all the recording is a problem for people OUT of the country who don't speak or understand english very well or at all. unlike most americans think there IS a whole world outside of the US.
    Spell check wouldn't have helped ya. There is no "usage" checker

What is there before pretty much all recordings is a SIT (special information tone) aka doo-da-dit three tones indicating an error. If someone eneounters such a tone in the US and they don't speak English they find someone who does speak English to tell them what to do. It's no different than calling overseas to France, , Spain, Italy or any other non-English country and hearing the SIT.

Feedback Score

Wink Ringtones

One of the TMobile reps was telling me about a website called Phone zone or something, that I can get ringtones for free but I don't remember the name of the website. Can someone help me out. She said all I would need was my email address. I have a TMobile Wing and I am tired of that T Mobil ring....