Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What was the best phone you ever had? what made it so?

Device(s)
    Nokia 6340i ,iphone 3gs, iphone 4s
    Carrier(s)
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score

What was the best phone you ever had? what made it so?

Since we have a forum about the worst... How about the best phone you ever had.

For me its a toss up. between a Radio Shack CT-1055 and the Nokia 6340i.

The CT-1055 was awsome as it was legally blind friendly. this bag phone had BIG display and buttons. But it did have its mites:
    1. it was Analog only
    2. its battery didn't run very long. about 1 hour talk time.
    3. Tandy should have put a shoulder strap on the bag. I added my own later on. I don't drive so I had to carry it every day.

When I decided to get a new phone I decided to buy a Nokia 6340i. This beast is still serving me well. its got big buttons and the backlit LCD monochrome display was easy to see in bright light as well as in the dark. It was a triple standard phone under Cingular. meaning it did Analog, TDMA and GSM. I used it with both CINGULAR and the old AT&T wireless. (after I unlocked it).

I missed it so I bought Another one! now I use it with T-mobile.

To me it looks like a Star Trek Photon Torpedo and thats why I call it. "The Torpedo", Gets alot of people excited just by looking at it

Device(s)
    RAZR V3 (cingular)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular for near 10 yrs
    Feedback Score

My best also a tie- but each from different eras

With exception of 1 Samsung way, way back, I was a die-hard Nokia believer for around 10 yrs time. I always seemed to get signal when noone else did, never any failures, and in fact my last Nokia was retired not because it was dying, but because my provider basically said it was cold meat any day soon as they were rolling all the towers over to a radically updated format, and my 6 1/2 year old Nokia 3360 which had never had so much as a flash upgrade since activation should be framed and displayed having made it that far, but whatever remnants of compatibility it still clung to were doomed. This was in '04, and here I was with an ancient (in cellular yrs) handset.....analog display, etc. but at the time I bought it, it was Nokia's top-of-the-line. It had been subjected to the hazards of construction sites nearly everyday of it's life....fallen into the dirt of an arena from horseback a few times before I started remembering to remove from my hip, been pretty wet, dropped in snow....but it only showed it's age a bit in eventually having some lint under the display. The original battery, too, was the one still running things- not even beginning to need more frequent charges with age. A great little phone for it's day, and now they were prying it from my hands and insisting I find new. While the idea of digital display instead of my pixelated monochrome was a nice one, I was dead-set that whatever I moved up to was going to be Nokia, and it was not going to be a darned flip-phone. I'd seen a number of people using them by then, and to me they would be awkward. So I settled on a Nokia I thought to be as close in what heritage remained to what I had been used to. That was when I discovered that while all new displays were color, they were also now trying to pack more glitz into the same tiny screen, therefore opting to shrink text to half the size, and on color backgrounds it was near impossible to make them out. Going back to the store to look for an alternative I mentioned my biggest dislike was size of the display, the keys, and the entire phone....now feeling like I had some delicate little thing in my hand, moving it up and down, ear-to-mouth when in use. I was told that actually the one being returned had the largest screen of all their phones, save 1....; much bigger screen, a nice feel in the hand, equipped with every one of my requested features plus some, but I wasn't gonna be getting a phone made by Nokia...it wasn't going to be anything at all like what I'd had... and it wasn't going to be an even swap for the $200 I had already put out to get the upper-end Nokia. In fact it was $150 more. But if I would put all this aside for a moment and get a feel for it, I was bound to get turned onto the idea. Just out maybe 6 months, it was the Motorola RAZR V3.

I really hated the idea of paying that much for the phone when after years of no contract I'd gone ahead and signed commitment again. And at that time the last I'd heard on Motorola phones was not the best of records, but I did have to admit that this was by far the most comfortable-hand phone I'd looked at, yet closed was nothing like those little oval egg/clamshell units I disliked so much. What sealed the deal for me was learning how versatile everything had been done which, like never before, allowed me to choose what keys were used to reach the extended features or menus that I decided, truly making this my phone, configured to my ease of use and priority......I just wished it wasn't quite so new to the market; feeling better had it been around a bit longer and proven itself further. But the salesman had been right; at that point I was taking it, and hoping it would live up to the hype. And it has...I've come to really appreciate all the little factors and attentions built into it that have made this the #1 best phone I've owned. I've seen complaints of dirt behind the display and several other repeated issues, however mine has suffered none of them.

And now, having just switched over to Verizon a few days ago, getting new RAZR's for myself and my mother, I'm missing my old one really bad. You see, I had no idea that what I would be getting might look like RAZRs, but in the hands of Verizon are more appropriately called LO-BTM-EZ (lobotomies); having been stripped of all upper intelligence, replacing it with that jelly you find packed in with canned hams and SPAM.

But rather than broiling and risking aneurism I'll try to look at this as another learning opportunity.....mastering many things in the past out of necessity, I will now learn the skills and finesse of applied flashing, flexing, and seem editing, turning inanimate paperweights into living, breathing communication devices!

Device(s)
    S2 X
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score

2 LG's on Bell... seriously. :)

I do not change phones often, and my most sought after features are reception and call quality.

Best phone for me so far was my Bell LG 3300. A flip with no external screen. I had a case and belt clip so it was easy to flip it open on my belt and check the time.

It was...
    - THE best sounding phone on Bell here in Toronto.
    - Loud and clear voice (outgoing and incoming)
    - Reception was awesome
    - Clearity did not break down when the signal was weak.

As an added bonus...

- Ringer was LOUD!
    - Speaker phone worked (sort of mostly)
    - Voice dialing (had to record the names)

Gawd i miss that phone. My current Telus Razr V3C is actually quite good, and I love the voice command + blue tooth, but it really does not match the call quality of the LG 3300 on the Bell Network. When the signal is weak, with the Razr i can't hear what the other person is saying.

Runner up was the LG TM-250, also on Bell. It had no features, but tI could hear the ringers and the call quality was excellent as well.

TOM...

Device(s)
    LG KG920
    Carrier(s)
    Digicel Cayman
    Feedback Score

Mmmmmmm

For me it would be the N95 hands down, there has never been a phone before or i dont think one will come after that has me going the way this phone does, i love it

Device(s)
    Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    LG 8600.
    Great reception
    External music controls
    Ability to view texts from outside
    Thin form factor

In general an awesome phone. I miss mine.

Device(s)
    Google Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Softbank x01ht....does everything I could ever want a phone to do....plus watching vids off of my computer at home while I am away at school on lunch hour completely rocks.....I just wish I could make new word documents rather than only being able to edit existing ones.

Device(s)
    SE w760a(i)
    Carrier(s)
    cellular one
    Feedback Score
    Best phone ever, my startac 8600 vip w/extended battery ohhhh yeah this one was a beauty. built in answering machine! This baby retailed for like 1000.00 if i remember. Two line display, dual nam programmable. Didnt pay a dime for it thanks to insurance.
    My cell phone produces 1.21 gigawatts!

Device(s)
    LG 8300
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    My current LG 8300 had been great.

Device(s)
    Nokia 5800 Fully Modded
    Feedback Score
    Nokia 3210 very simple

Device(s)
    HTC Kaiser (TyTN II)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    HTC Kaiser..

although reception isn't best and battery life isn't that great, all the rest is good enough

Device(s)
    Samsung pixon
    Carrier(s)
    Orange 3g,
    Feedback Score
    Samsung z400 the smallest 3g phone i have ever owned, great battery life, picture quality was awesome the only real down side was the crap mp3 player, but it was awesome, i still have it knocking around somewhere!

One of a few slide phones i have ever owned that felt solid when you slid it open and shut, it was a well made phone!

Device(s)
    Note4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    LG 510.
    I got it in May 2000 and finally retired it in Dec. 2006.
    it was the first flip phone with outer display, has a indiglo display that can be seen at night and in bright sunlight, the buttons are easy to use when not looking and has great reception, even now. the 0 button started to stick from being dropped and beaten up so many times is the only reason it has been retired. I wore out several batteries over the years
    the United States is the land of the FREE because of the BRAVE!! Thank You to all who serve or have served and their families in the United States armed services!! Your sacrifices are NOT in vain may God continue to bless America
    For God so loves YOU, He gave His only Son....John 3:16

Device(s)
    HTC Evo
    Feedback Score
    so far, my ROKR E6 would be my number 1

Large screen, Just the right weight, AMAZING battery life
    Has most all the features I want, woulda liked it to be 3G..
    The speaker on this thing is great for listening to music.
    The calender is setup just right to where I can store my entire life in it, and I do..
    Just over all its a great device, does everything I need, just too bad its not CDMA cause I need to switch to Sprint :-(
    Robots do not Breath air, and I totally do.. I refuse to go anywhere where oxygen is BYO

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8703e
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Nokia 6185 with Sprint.

Device(s)
    W910i : Walk-Man
    Carrier(s)
    •— Robbers Wireless - Dictator of Canada's GSM Market —•
    Feedback Score
    Sony Ericsson k790a, amazing battery life, great reception, and amazing pics.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast