Thread: Nokia 9300 as a modem

Device(s)
    Nokia N95-1
    Carrier(s)
    At&T
    Feedback Score

Nokia 9300 as a modem

Has anyone used this phone as a modem? I tried the other day and got nowhere. I connected using the USB cable. Each time I'd try to start the modem it would always default to infrared...any idea how you can choose the cable?

I also tried to start the modem using Nokia PC Suite but kept getting errors. Running the latest firmware (6.27)

Could anyone point me to a good tutorial on this?

thanks
    JOSH

Device(s)
    Nokia N95-1
    Carrier(s)
    At&T
    Feedback Score

Working

I ended up getting it working. You just have to make sure there are no connections checked off (i.e. in the connection mgr de-select whichever connection method you're using). Once you do that unplug the phone (or turn off IR/bluetooth if you're not using the USB connection) and try to re-attempt using the "Connect to Internet" option in the Nokia PC Suite App.

I have AT&T and couldn't use the default settings. I had to use the manual settings and filled in the following:

Access Point: wap.cingular
    User Name: [email protected]
    Password: cingular1

Weird thing is ever since I had iUnlock upgrade the 9300b to the latest firmware my phone no longer works with the rest of the Nokia PC Suite App (i.e. Sync, Install apps etc.). It sees the phone but it's not letting me select it (it's sort of in this light gray color). If anyone has any idea how I can use my phone to with Nokia sync espeically I'd be really grateful.

In any case if anyone has any issues with using your device as a modem let me know