Thread: Cingular 6682 with TMO Service

Feedback Score

Cingular 6682 with TMO Service

First of all, I am new to TMO and Nokia in general.

I just switched from Sprint PCS to TMo. I have the following basic questions:

- I went to T-Mobile site to access my account online. It had me register my account first. I entered my phone number and it said it had sent my temporary password to my handset. However, I haven't received anything yet (tried many many times). I just got the phone activated this morning (less than 10 hours ago). Is this normal for a new service? Is there a time period that I had to wait until I can get the password sent to me?

- The phone is a Cingular phone. What are the basic things that I have to do get the TMo software installed on this guy? I currently see Cingular branding in the menus (i.e. MEdia Mall). Also, if I install TMo software, do I lose any data (i,e. contacts, etc.).

- I am planning to get a bigger RS-MMC (it comes with a 64MB). The current 64MB memory has a few things installed on itself it seems. How do I port those things over to the new memory card?

Please help a newbie here

Thanks in advance

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Seems like you need the "update" of T-Mobile software. You will most likely lose your contacts and saved data as well

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Unless your 6682 is unlocked it will not work on T-Mobile's network. You need to send it off (or if you live in a city with such services) to get it unlocked and flashed with the unbranded Nokia firmware. There is no "T-Mobile software" for this phone as it was never offered by T-Mobile.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I was under the impression it was already unlocked. But yea what John mentioned

Feedback Score
    Update...The phone is unlocked and I have downloaded T-Zone which I have bee using for a few days.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6340i ,iphone 3gs, iphone 4s
    Carrier(s)
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by johnc_22
    Unless your 6682 is unlocked it will not work on T-Mobile's network. You need to send it off (or if you live in a city with such services) to get it unlocked and flashed with the unbranded Nokia firmware. There is no "T-Mobile software" for this phone as it was never offered by T-Mobile.
    You mean there is Generic Unbranded T-mobile software updates? I know there is software updates for phones that are the same or similiar to what T-mobile sells. a URL to the Generic Unbranded Nokia software repository would be nice.