Thread: The Official Motorola RAZR2 V9m How-Tos Thread

Device(s)
    iPhone (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Venture
    Jster,

its something in that ring tone of yours...

With that tone set... my phone doesn't even notice the in coming call... no ring, no alert on the display, not missed call indicator, the phone shows NO indication what so ever

When I use one of the following (renamed to .QCP of course) put on the phone via MPT It does ring and play the correct tone...

http://mark.cdmaforums.com/V710_Ringer/007.mid
    http://mark.cdmaforums.com/V710_Ringer/043.mid
    http://mark.cdmaforums.com/V710_Ring...Impossible.mid
    http://mark.cdmaforums.com/V710_Ring...Impossible.mid
    That's really strange, because I managed to get it working last night. I assigned that ringtone to incoming text messages and sent myself a text. The ringer worked (!). I then re-assigned it as the ringtone for my calls and it started working for incoming calls. It will not, however, play when you hit the left "play" softkey when adjusting the master ringer volume. Screwy.

I'll try the ringtones you posted and let you know how they work on my phone. Thanks for your help. Right now, its more of a personal mystery than having tio have that particular ringtone.

Query: Do the ringtones you put on your phone play when you hit the play softey at your master volume adjust screen??

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I'm able to play the ringtone I sent as an mp3 file to [email protected] and saved to my phone via the master volume left play softkey.
    A phone is only as smart as its operator.

Device(s)
    The New Hotness
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    No. Sorry, and the hacks/seem edits we used on the V3C/V3M to enable that feature in the Verizon UI, do NOT work on the V9m.

I miss this feature on ALL my Verizon UI phones.
    Hmmm...

This is interesting. My pre-production V9m (test unit actually) does vibrate & ring.

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Snap315
    Hmmm...

This is interesting. My pre-production V9m (test unit actually) does vibrate & ring.

mehow7890 knows the phone can Vibrate AND Ring. He (or she??) asked about "vibrate then ring".
    Verizon Wireless Customer Council Member
    Verizon PHONE Hacking Info & How To's click -> HERE, <-- If you have suggestions PM me
    Need Help? PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS instead of PM'ing me!!
    Read -> An Open Letter to those who PM me for help!

New to forums? -> Posting and you! <-a MUST Watch for all!!

Equipment I Have/USE click here, Phone Labs Dock-N-Talk...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    jdmaxima89,

I put my SPARE 256meg MicroSD in the V9M I have.. I used... type #4357* go down to storage devices, pick the microSD, press the soft menu button for options and hit format. Reboot the phone...

took the card out... and put it in a card reader on my PC...

I get the 4 standard folders... my_pix, my_music, my_flix and my_sounds. that is it, no others.

and putting pictures in my_pix works... they are seen by the phone.

Device(s)
    LG Chocolate
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    jdmaxima89,

I put my SPARE 256meg MicroSD in the V9M I have.. I used... type #4357* go down to storage devices, pick the microSD, press the soft menu button for options and hit format. Reboot the phone...

I get the 4 standard folders... my_pix, my_music, my_flix and my_sounds. that is it, no others.

I have no data cable yet... like I said it'll probably be a couple weeks (i'm waiting till my store can order it at cost, i'm at an indirect agent location). I did all that you did with your memory card... and yet again I have that motorola folder. I'm going to take it to the corporate store tonight and see what they say.

I'm not crazy, I promise. I know how this SHOULD work... i've done it before. Fact is... it's not doing what it SHOULD BE doing on my phone...

Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    jdmaxima89,

When I format my card with my V9m, I too get the standard Motorola Folders rather than the Verizon ones.
    s/w: PARS_01.15.0D

Device(s)
    Droid running Chevyno1's ROM & OC'd to 1.1Ghz
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Mark_V real quick I noticed on your site a possible typo I think. On your " Changing the outside graphic when flip open using Bitpim " page at the bottom under the v9m you show the image size as 320x240 for the verizon.gif, shouldn't it be 240x320. I don't have my v9m yet but I thought it was the same as the Maxx which 240x320, I know that is the inside one for the Maxx but the v9m has the same size for inside as outside if I'm not mistaken. Figured I'd give you the heads up so folks don't try to make the wrong size and wonder why it may be cut off. If I am mistaken plz let me know and I'll just delete this post so there is no confusion.

Device(s)
    Motorola v9m (US Cellular Flash)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmaxima89
    I have no data cable yet... like I said it'll probably be a couple weeks (i'm waiting till my store can order it at cost, i'm at an indirect agent location). I did all that you did with your memory card... and yet again I have that motorola folder. I'm going to take it to the corporate store tonight and see what they say.

I'm not crazy, I promise. I know how this SHOULD work... i've done it before. Fact is... it's not doing what it SHOULD BE doing on my phone...
    Mine did this temporarliy. Try doing options on an image and hitting "move" and send it to the card. See if that updates it. Mine is working, but I know at one point it dind't show it.

Device(s)
    Droid Turbo 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless (1994, GTE MobileNet)
    Feedback Score
    jdmaxima89,

My son took the 512MB card from his old 815, copied the files to his PC with the card reader, and then put it in his new VZW v9m (arrived Tuesday from company B2B site) and turned it on. He took a picture and stored it on the card, and then took it out and put it back into the PC reader. It had the old motorola directories (from the 815) as well as the new my_* directories. He deleted the motorola directory tree, and populated the my_* with his favorites, and put it back in v9m, where everything worked fine (MP3 music, JPG pictures, 3g2 video). The music player put up a message for a while that it was indexing the new sound files. I was kind of bothered that he did all this before I discovered how to do a format, but there haven't been any problems from not doing the format.

I suppose this is old news to the experts on this forum, but I finally realized that #4357* = #HELP*

BTW, I sent a query on the VZW "Contact Us" page, and they said that the v9m currently supports the 2GB card, but 4GB support is coming in a software update.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Aixelsyd
    Mark_V real quick I noticed on your site a possible typo I think. On your " Changing the outside graphic when flip open using Bitpim " page at the bottom under the v9m you show the image size as 320x240 for the verizon.gif, shouldn't it be 240x320.
    Yes, it should be... I reversed them... if you use the link to the "how to... writeup"... the correct info is at the bottom.. I'll fix the V9M.HTM when I get home.

Device(s)
    storm
    Carrier(s)
    VERIZON
    Feedback Score

T3 and the V9m

Folks,

anyone have any luck or suggestions regarding setting up a Palm T3 with this phone? I've used it with the v710 and the Nokia 6256i but the "string" settings were very different for each and I've no idea how to go about figuring this out.

Many thanks

Feedback Score
    how do i rename a file to .qcp? I could do it on my friends mac but if i just add a .qcp extension on vista a .mp3 extension goes behind it how would i get rid of it on vista? when i select the file it always says .qcp.mp3.... also how do i access the my_ringers folder via bluetooth i have MPT but it can not be installed the latest version is it not compatible with vista x64?

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aznsensation214
    how do i rename a file to .qcp? I could do it on my friends mac but if i just add a .qcp extension on vista a .mp3 extension goes behind it how would i get rid of it on vista? when i select the file it always says .qcp.mp3.... also how do i access the my_ringers folder via bluetooth i have MPT but it can not be installed the latest version is it not compatible with vista x64?
    Stand by, I had the same issue and Mark set me straight. let me find the link.

EDIT : I see someone beat me to it, but here's the link.

http://www.howardforums.com/showpost...4&postcount=19

Device(s)
    Razr V3m
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Set it so your Vista machine can see windows file extensions, this way you can actually change the extension as a pose to its name.

1. Open a folder or open explorer
    2. Click the Layout button (to the left of the Views button) as shown in the picture below

3. Click Folder Options
    4. Click the View tab
    5. Uncheck Hide extensions for known file types
    6. Click OK

Good luck!

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast