Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Chinese Pack for P1i

Device(s)
    g1
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    well apparently this works for my p990 too lol.

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^| |___
    |--Mazda Racing-----| ||'|";,__.
    |_..._...___________| ||_|_|...,]
    "(@)'(@)""""*|(@)(@)******(@)

Feedback(13-0-0)

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson K850i
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers, WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Hmm yeah theoretically that works as well lol.

Device(s)
    Had Nokia8890, Sharp 903sh & N80 :(..
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Just updated my p1 with the new firmware. Haven't tested it out though, but I do notice that animated gifs work now. Wat else should I look for?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Still can't properly send uot chinese e-mails. Is it just me, I find the new software a little slower. Have to set ringtones from sound & alerts, the option to set from file is deleted. Other than the animated gifs, I don't see any benefits to the new firmware. Is it my phone or...? Also, I cannot send sms. Do i have to change the account?

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson K850i
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers, WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Can't answer your questions, sorry, as I no longer own a P1i - just hope that other members with one have answers to your questions

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Thanks, anyway. I'll see if I can solve these problems. I found out that my sms account was already set to Rogers according to sim. I might have to take it to the store late. Just curious what phone did you change to MCQ? If my phone doesn't work out, I might have to consider a WM6 phone. I love my P1i though.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson K850i
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers, WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Just using a K790a now, nothing too flashy

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9700
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile/Voicestream,
    Feedback Score
    mcg how u liking the edge speed? but the screen is somewhat small. but one thing i miss bout the k790a is the camera, mp3 player, and that clock on the top right when ur in the menu u know wat time it is instead of having to go back to the standby screen
    --- here is my HoFo feedback ---
    my SE hbh-pv705 review

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

(\__/)
    (o.O )
    (> < )

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

Cool

Finally solved my problem, ort of. Opened an e-mail account on yahoo china and worked perfectly! Finally! Should have thought of it sooner, would be nic if there is a software for this so i could write on hotmal though.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson K850i
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers, WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Good to hear you've solved your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by fryrice8850
    mcg how u liking the edge speed? but the screen is somewhat small. but one thing i miss bout the k790a is the camera, mp3 player, and that clock on the top right when ur in the menu u know wat time it is instead of having to go back to the standby screen
    I do not have a subscription on ROGERS for EDGE service right now, don't have a need for it either.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    mcq, I'm surprised you sold your P1i though, so much fun. Although this is a Chinese Pack thread, I'll try to relate my following question to it. Anybody use Fring? I heard some good comments about it. Can it also manage things like QQ(chinese icq, I think)? Also, is fring free?

Device(s)
    SE P1i
    Feedback Score
    I wish I can use the wifi feature more often wonder where I can get free access.. would be nice to have access through email without using my blackberry network it gets expensive. Any ideas? Sorry as for the Chinese pack thanks for the help I got lucky and my girlfriend was willing to trade her Chinese version fo mine so no updates needed. Mine was the Euro version which is now with her.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson K850i
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers, WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Yeah I would have kept it, but the fact the phone was triband, and its market price shooting down told me to sell it... I could use the extra cash for school anyways. Perhaps there will be a better "P" phone coming out soon. For now, I'll stick with the K790a, but when the new firmware to fix all bugs comes out for the K850i, perhaps I'll use that instead.

Fring is free, I tried to use it, but it only works if the other person you are calling has Fring installed as well. You can't use it to call people with regular GSM phones.

As for wifi on the P1i, it was great because I could practically use it anywhere downtown UofT campus... Wifi network in most buildings!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5