Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Chinese Pack for P1i

Device(s)
    SE P1i
    Feedback Score
    After I restarts seems to be the same. Where do I go after?

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson K850i
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers, WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    If it's the same, you didn't run the correct script perhaps, choose the one for your organizer version ie. R6E28 or w/e, or R6E30, and pick the Hong Kong CDA one.

Run the script, take your phone out, start it up, go to More-->Status on standby. Check your CDA versions - should have 2 there. If not, something didn't happen, or didn't happen correctly.

But once you do see two CDA's, (or if it has changed), turn off your phone, start up Sony Ericsson Update Service, follow their instructions, and flash your phone regardless of having the most up-to-date FW. It should get you own the new HK one.

What this trick essentially does is just "fool" SEUS into thinking your device belongs to another region of the world, thus making it upload the appropriate firmware into your phone. Most P1i's sold here in Toronto, or Canada are "Generic World" - ie. they have English, and all these other funky langauges on it. However with a Hong Kong CDA (essentially an "identification #"), you can obtain the specific Chinese software that is probably distributed with P1c's in HK/China/Taiwan rather than the P1i's here.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson K850i
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers, WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Actually I missed a step ... ****... press "BACKUP GDFS" before running the script, it should then work properly after that.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9700
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile/Voicestream,
    Feedback Score

Boston

Quote Originally Posted by mcg
    I think GW1 is preferred. Why do you want to take off HK Firmware =(
    idk the firmware is weird, especially the calendar, i changed it to start the week on sunday instead of monday and when i restart the phone it changes on me, and its the same thing when i want the calendar display the date as mm/dd/yyyy it keeps converting back to dd/mm/yyyy when restart. but i love the HK firmware though with the dictionary and chinese writting
    --- here is my HoFo feedback ---
    my SE hbh-pv705 review

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

(\__/)
    (o.O )
    (> < )

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson K850i
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers, WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Oh yeah, those are some bugs I don't like.. that's why I'm probably gonna get rid of the HK firmware too.. LOL

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9700
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile/Voicestream,
    Feedback Score
    mcq try to update to the new firmware. I know there is a new firmware out for GW1 idk if there is a new one for the HK firmware. Do that first and see if it fixes that bug.

The new update fixes the camera when you finish taking a pic it don't show u a preview of the pic u just took on the old firmware, but the new one shows u the pic and ask u if u want to keep it/delete it.

Also do u know any way to get that chinese/english dictionary from the HK firmware, that thing helps me in my chinese class im taking ^_^

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson K850i
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers, WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Don't think there's an update to the HK firmware, tried to update it via. SEUS and it didn't work.

I think the Chinese/Eng dictionary is only part of the HK firmware, I'm not advanced enough to know how to "extract" the dictionary as an actual program... so too bad I guess... gotta stick with the HK firmware if you want the dictionary!

Device(s)
    K618i, P1i, G900, E71, White X10i, Black X10a
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    dunno if this helps.. but i thinkk there was an update on SEUS for the hk firmware a while ago >.>

Feedback Score
    I followed the instruction below and my phone works BEAUTIFULLY now with Traditional Chinese / HK firmware!! Thank you for sharing this information out!! I was quite sad to find out at first when my phone was simplified version (the sales lady said it was traditional version ) Anyways.. everything is fine now and i am quite happy!! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mcg
    OK, I have just found a way for TRUE CHINESE SUPPORT on this phone, it requires flashing of the phone to the HK F/W, but it's free:

1. Head over to SE-NSE.net and download the program XS++ 2.2
    2. Follow instructions to put your phone into flash mode (hold C) and let the phone detect your phone
    3. Go to the "flash" section and run the script for the HK CDA CDA162024_74 - make sure everything corresponds to your organizer version, and firmware.
    4. Run the script, follow the instructions as provided.
    5. Your phone should now have 2 CDA's if you boot it up. Run SEUS and update regardless of your version of software; after the process, you should have full Traditional Chinese Support (ie. menus, everything) w/ UK English as your other language.

Many thanks to the programmers at SE-NSE for making this possible!!

EDIT: OK GG... don't do this method unless you want to lose your english keyboard input... I'm still trying to figure this crap out lmfao, argh my phone is too chinesey now.. haha

Edit 2: Nm... got it working. Great firmware HK as usual!

Device(s)
    SE P1i
    Feedback Score
    That's great to nkow.. thanks I've not tried yet... but is it possible to put it in the system folder since I soetimes swap memory cards. Is this just the fonts or does it also allow input? Let's say I want to text or email or type document in chinese can I do so with this? I need that more than anything else or a english-chinese dictionary would be so useful too.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9700
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile/Voicestream,
    Feedback Score
    just wondering what is the current firmware that u guys are currently using on the HK firmware? GW1 is currently at R6F41

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson K850i
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers, WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    This method I have described effectively swaps your firmware with the HK one. Meaning, it isn't a simple replacement of fonts, but an overhaul of the phone's software.

KingRyu, your data will all be lost unless you perform the necessary backups via. onto memory card and Outlook, if needed. It isn't just the fonts, it is an entirely new firmware, meaning input, output of chinese characters is inherently supported. What's great is you can write the character down too as a method of input, and not just by entering it by the stroke method.

fryrice, not sure, I have sold my P1i for the K790a!

Device(s)
    Had Nokia8890, Sharp 903sh & N80 :(..
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Previously, I started a thread regarding problems writing chiense e-mail at hotmail. Unfortunately no one replied. Does anybody have similar problems or don't have this problem? Basically, when I write up a chinese e-mail on hotmail, it would show up fine, but the receiver gets all "???". I only had 2 successful attempts with very short messages(7words or less). Can somebody be kind enough to test this out? If it works fine, please let me know what firmwire you are using. Thank you!

Device(s)
    K618i, P1i, G900, E71, White X10i, Black X10a
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    HK..
    PDA sofware version:
    CXC162156 R6F41
    Phone software version:
    CXC162037 R9J005
    Bluetooth software version:
    CXC 162143 R1D
    CDA version:
    CDA 162024/74 R10A

Device(s)
    Had Nokia8890, Sharp 903sh & N80 :(..
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    DeathAbyss, did your e-mail work with chinese hand-writing? I mean the reciever actually reads chinese words instead of a bunch of "???"'s.

My firmware is:
    PDA software version:
    CXC 162156 R6D23
    Phone software version:
    CSC 162037 R9G007
    Bluetooth software version:
    CXC 162143 R1C
    CDA version:
    CDA 162024/74 R6A

Should I update the new one? Thanks!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast