Thread: SonyEricsson WAP & MMS Setting How-To

The Fabulous City Of Colorado Springs, CO
    Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3G in Black on T-Mobile
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Lightbulb SonyEricsson WAP & MMS Setting How-To

Ok, So I have noticed alot of people needing the settings for MMS & WAP. I made a photo step-by-step on how to get the info to your phone from the SE website. You do not need to do anything on the phone, just follow my diagrams. You do not need to register on the website, but its nice to do it just in case for the future. OK, here we go...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Anyone know how to make a thread be a "StickY"? I think this would really help alot of people, especially since I have seen so many people ask about how to do this...

Device(s)
    Progressive Black W995a
    Carrier(s)
    PacBell/Cingular/AT&T
    Feedback Score
    It's probably better if you instructed to go to the global support page rather than their specific country as some phones that people use are not going to be under their region

P L E A S E D O N O T C L I C K O N T H E I M A G E A B O V E !

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    When you first go to the SE website, you have to select your country. Also, you have to select your country from the drop downs on the phone info pages. If your phone is not listed for your country, it might now work anyway. It has to send the info to your phone number. I will poke around a little more. If it is possible to do it right from the website for ANY country, I will amend my diagram...

Device(s)
    G900
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    hey i've come across a problem! =( i tried sending settings to my w800i but they just wouldn't send...has any1 gotten settings for cingular/AT&t wap for their SE phone? if so can you post the settings?

thanks!

Device(s)
    Progressive Black W995a
    Carrier(s)
    PacBell/Cingular/AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcnier
    When you first go to the SE website, you have to select your country. Also, you have to select your country from the drop downs on the phone info pages. If your phone is not listed for your country, it might now work anyway. It has to send the info to your phone number. I will poke around a little more. If it is possible to do it right from the website for ANY country, I will amend my diagram...
    When you go to sonyericsson.com go to corporate home > product support. You don't have to choose a country, just choose your phone and what settings you want sent.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The setting on the SE website will format to CingT&T. But if it wont work for you, try searching on the carriers website for the info. Thats how I used to do it before I found the SE support...

Random, thanks for the 411! I didnt think to go through the corporate portal.

Feedback Score

Device(s)
    black 16gb iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Very nice guide. Should help a lot of people..

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    That is a great guide, but unfortunately it did not work for me when I tried doing it the exact same way back when I got my unbranded W810i. I had to go to AT&T's site and manually input the settings to get it to work.
    Current Device: Apple iPhone 5S
    Space Grey - 32GB

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I cant help to wonder if the SE website has some issues sending the info through. Last night I was helping someone do it & I had to request the settings like 3 times...

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I've had my unlocked K810 for a week now, and the SE support site has not worked at all. I've tried at least once a day. I eventually got MMS working by randomly inputting manual settings on my phone (according to the settings ROgers sent me).

The thing that puzzled me is that, I've been trying to flash my firmware to get rid of the Hong_Kong region on it. I tried on my own, only to brick the phone. So I resorted to Wotanserver and flashed it with a Generic American firmware/language pack. As soon as I flashed my phone, all my SMS/WAP profiles were automatically installed, just as if Rogers had set it up.

My phone is a mystery to me still, but at least its working fine now without me having to second guess what kind of profile I'm supposed to be creating.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I retract my statement. I did a master reset to my phone tonight, and tried this method. Worked the first time I tried it. I am impressed.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Fluid
    I retract my statement. I did a master reset to my phone tonight, and tried this method. Worked the first time I tried it. I am impressed.
    I am glad that alot of people are finding this helpful. Perhaps if it doesnt work, maybe they should try the master reset that you tried

Device(s)
    SE K810
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Well, it looks like I'm SOL . I live in America and the K810i isn't on SE's website yet so I can't get MMS? It says I need an internet profile (from the SE website) if I want to do it by phone, but to sign-up you must select your phone from a drop down menu--which mine isn't there.

Can anyone help me?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast