Page 115 of 280 FirstFirst ... 15 65 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 165 215 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 4198

Thread: National 3G Maps

Device(s)
    Pixel 2XL, iPhone X, iPad Pro, Samsung S9, OnePlus3
    Carrier(s)
    VZW, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joelwnelson View Post
    I am getting 6 mbps down and up to 2 mbps up in parts of Omaha. Latency is about 90ms. This is on an iPhone 4S.
    Where at in Omaha? I've rarely seen those speeds. I usually see 2 to 3..

Sent from my ADR6400L using HowardForums

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Old Market, Benson, and Elkhorn areas in the last two weeks.

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Maps showing 10/21.
    I can't really notice anything new on the west
    This is an interesting 'glitch' that I've seen before
    http://www.wireless.att.com/coverage...58203125&sci=6
    Must be an area 51 like spot.
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by formercanuck View Post
    Maps showing 10/21.
    This is an interesting 'glitch' that I've seen before
    http://www.wireless.att.com/coverage...58203125&sci=6
    Must be an area 51 like spot.
    Right in a place where nobody would go looking..... hmm. I'm going to save that blob because it's sure to disappear.

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Maps showing 10/21.
    I beat you to it

Quote Originally Posted by ilvla2 View Post
    The maps have been updated to 10-21. Here in Mendocino County HSPA+ plus Enhanced Backhaul (aka Faux G) is now on in Boonville and Philo in the Anderson Valley, and Faux G is now on in Clearlake, Lower Lake and Clearlake Oaks in Lake County. Across the rest of Nor*Cal, 3G is now on in Chester (Lake Almanor area) and Eagle Lake, and HSPA+ plus Enhanced Backhaul is now on in Truckee.
    Here in NorCal there have been some good changes, like expansion of 3G and Faux G. As far as that "Area 51" Spot in Northeastern Oregon, I am guessing it should be over Pendleton, which is just to the north of it.
    Last edited by ilvla2; 11-05-2011 at 12:54 AM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    man they must seriously be hitting a road block of some sort getting backhaul here in greensboro. would love to know what is going on

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max / Apple iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / AT&T MX / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    Maps showing 10/21.
    New England...
    Pittsfield, MA HSPA+
    Hardwick, VT UMTS

West/Mountain...
    St. George, UT HSPA+
    Ocotillo, CA HSPA+
    Calexico and Brawley, CA HSPA+

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by i0wnj00 View Post
    New England...
    Pittsfield, MA HSPA+
    Hardwick, VT UMTS

West/Mountain...
    St. George, UT HSPA+
    Ocotillo, CA HSPA+
    I already covered Nor*Cal, your post should be labeled NE/UT/SoCal.

Sent from my LG-P925 using HowardForums
    Last edited by ilvla2; 11-07-2011 at 02:12 AM.

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by i0wnj00 View Post
    Ocotillo, CA HSPA+
    Gotta get capacity up for the 'border wars' crew.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Pioneer Cellular
    Feedback Score
    AT&T is done with 3G, no more new 3G coverage areas, only upgrading existing 3G to HSPA+. My source: the fact they haven't introduced any new 3G coverage areas to their maps in the past 6 months, at least here in Oklahoma; and have actually decreased the "coming soon" area and have finally eliminated it from the national map. They are moving on towards LTE and LTE Advanced.

If you don't have AT&T coverage now, or their 3G coverage, you are probably out of luck for many years until LTE is rolled out on a much larger scale and the benefits of its farther reach using 7-800 Mhz frequencies benefits your area. And by that time, AT&T will have moved on to 5G or 6GSuperLTE-Max or whatever they will call it when it is announced next year, before they have completed their basic LTE network.

If anyone senses a little bit of disgust in this post, bingo, you got it!

Device(s)
    HTC TILT, 8525, BJI, BJII, SE w580i, w760a, z750a
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ggore View Post
    AT&T is done with 3G, no more new 3G coverage areas, only upgrading existing 3G to HSPA+. My source: the fact they haven't introduced any new 3G coverage areas to their maps in the past 6 months, at least here in Oklahoma; and have actually decreased the "coming soon" area and have finally eliminated it from the national map. They are moving on towards LTE and LTE Advanced.

If you don't have AT&T coverage now, or their 3G coverage, you are probably out of luck for many years until LTE is rolled out on a much larger scale and the benefits of its farther reach using 7-800 Mhz frequencies benefits your area. And by that time, AT&T will have moved on to 5G or 6GSuperLTE-Max or whatever they will call it when it is announced next year, before they have completed their basic LTE network.

If anyone senses a little bit of disgust in this post, bingo, you got it!
    No that is false, 3G expansion will continue. I don't care what you have heard or whatever they aren't going to stop expansion. There is one HUGE reason for that...because they can't deploy LTE everywhere they want to so they HAVE to deploy HSPA+ there instead. And for one thing your source is dead wrong about the maps as I look at them on a regular basis. I mean they ****ing JUST ADDED a good sized are in NW Ohio involving the I-71 area between Toledo and Dayton which launched HSPA in Lima, Findlay and along 75. They didn't stop there either as they launched in areas I didn't think was going to get it like a pretty good stretch of US30 and places like Bucyrus OH which was a fringe to deadzone last year (they also added Tiffin too). And if you think they are going to ignore Mansfield, OH (pop 47k) and that last stretch of I71 forever your source is ****ing crazy or doesn't really know jack ****.
    iPhone 4 on AT&T:

http://www.xti9.com/v3xx[/FONT][/SIZE]

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Pioneer Cellular
    Feedback Score
    The profanity was unnecessary, I didn't use any in my post, so keep it civil please. I don't impune anyone else's sources as well. I clearly stated in my post that my source was my observations of the maps, especially as they relate to the area in which I live. I was quoting from my experience here, which is in an area AT&T showed on past maps as "coming soon" for 3G service and has since been removed from those maps.

Quote Originally Posted by zephxiii View Post
    No that is false, 3G expansion will continue. I don't care what you have heard or whatever they aren't going to stop expansion. There is one HUGE reason for that...because they can't deploy LTE everywhere they want to so they HAVE to deploy HSPA+ there instead. And for one thing your source is dead wrong about the maps as I look at them on a regular basis. I mean they ****ing JUST ADDED a good sized are in NW Ohio involving the I-71 area between Toledo and Dayton which launched HSPA in Lima, Findlay and along 75. They didn't stop there either as they launched in areas I didn't think was going to get it like a pretty good stretch of US30 and places like Bucyrus OH which was a fringe to deadzone last year (they also added Tiffin too). And if you think they are going to ignore Mansfield, OH (pop 47k) and that last stretch of I71 forever your source is ****ing crazy or doesn't really know jack ****.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I don't care. I'm talking about the actual coverage viewer maps which has clearly has shown 3G that has been added in recent times. The fact that they discontinued sharing future 3g deployment plans on their network marketing page does not reflect anything about their actual deployment plans, it's just a marketing tool and is not directly associated with their engineering department and their plans. It should be obvious now that the whole point of the map is more about 4G LTE than anything else since they just started launching it.

I would recommend you stop posting things like how they are no longer going to deploy HSPA into new areas as there is no actual evidence and is not even realistic as I know damn well that isn't the case since I've been watching it happen!!

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    at&t, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ggore View Post
    The profanity was unnecessary, I didn't use any in my post, so keep it civil please. I don't impune anyone else's sources as well. I clearly stated in my post that my source was my observations of the maps, especially as they relate to the area in which I live. I was quoting from my experience here, which is in an area AT&T showed on past maps as "coming soon" for 3G service and has since been removed from those maps.
    They have publicly affirmed to various entities that they will have 97% of Americans covered with HSPA+ and enhanced backhaul by the end of 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by zephxiii View Post
    I don't care. I'm talking about the actual coverage viewer maps which has clearly has shown 3G that has been added in recent times. The fact that they discontinued sharing future 3g deployment plans on their network marketing page does not reflect anything about their actual deployment plans, it's just a marketing tool and is not directly associated with their engineering department and their plans. It should be obvious now that the whole point of the map is more about 4G LTE than anything else since they just started launching it.

I would recommend you stop posting things like how they are no longer going to deploy HSPA into new areas as there is no actual evidence and is not even realistic as I know damn well that isn't the case since I've been watching it happen!!
    Exactly. It is growing, and pretty rapidly. NC & MO just got a huge new area turned on (not necessarily on the map yet though)

Verizon's 4G network.

I live in California, not New York. I actually dislike New York.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Sorry ggore, but ya came in here yelling some crazy things!!

Page 115 of 280 FirstFirst ... 15 65 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 165 215 ... LastLast