Thread: 9300 while waiting for E90

Device(s)
    Nokia E71-2
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score

9300 while waiting for E90

Is it still worth getting a 9300 right now? Im waiting for the E90 to be shipped, unfortunately I ordered from Dell so I don't know when exactly I'd get it.

I saw a couple of 9300s on ebay for less than 200 and thought that should be good enough.

Device(s)
    Nokia E63
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I just picked one up for $154 w/ shipping, rated 9.5/10...we'll see how good of condition it really is when I get it...I like the idea I'd get a usable SSH terminal on my mobile phone...Even the pocket pc isn't big enough to use...this seems like it is. I can't wait to get it (should get it by tomorrow night)..

Btw, I played with the E90 at the Nokia store...Very fast, fast as the N95, beautiful screen...but too big.it just looked kinda clunky to me.

-Matt

Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mdrobnak
    I just picked one up for $154 w/ shipping, rated 9.5/10...we'll see how good of condition it really is when I get it...I like the idea I'd get a usable SSH terminal on my mobile phone...Even the pocket pc isn't big enough to use...this seems like it is. I can't wait to get it (should get it by tomorrow night)..

Btw, I played with the E90 at the Nokia store...Very fast, fast as the N95, beautiful screen...but too big.it just looked kinda clunky to me.

-Matt
    The 9300 will seem a bit clunky also ya know. I have both and the "clunkieness" of the 9300 never bothered me , so the e90 was a no brainer for me. When you get your 9300 is it supposed to be the "b" usa version? That will have 850 band. Check your f/w as the 6.27 which I upgraded to lost the bb connect ability as it was generic is what I've heard is the reason. It did make the browser a bit quicker tho.
    I think once you try the 9300 for awhile you will really be ready for the e90, that is providing you can get past the "clunkieness" of the form factor. I love it, but it's def. an aquired taste and not for everybody.

Device(s)
    Nokia E63
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Well, I'm on a little bit of a budget too...can't justify the price of the E90..but as I said..preeeetty.. lol

Yes, it's the "b" version.

Will know more when I get it.

-Matt

Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pakyooh
    Is it still worth getting a 9300 right now? Im waiting for the E90 to be shipped, unfortunately I ordered from Dell so I don't know when exactly I'd get it.

I saw a couple of 9300s on ebay for less than 200 and thought that should be good enough.
    If I were planning on getting the e90, you already ordered right? I probably wait just because the e90 is so far ahead of the 9300 that you won't really be that interested in the 9300 anymore, of course ifyouv'e never played with s80 then it could be fun. Waiting is hard, but e90's come to those that wait. lol...it will be worth the wait!!

Device(s)
    Nokia 9300i
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    i got the E90, played with it for two weeks then returned it. Take away the GPS and Camera and it is a down grade to me. Im a pro photographer, so by my standards the E90's camera is not good enough to quit carring around my point and shoot everywhere. For a most people the camera is good enough. If you want to see why I think it is a down grade, check out my other S60 vs S80 thread.
    Bond, Jonathan Bond

Feedback Score
    Eh, if the E90 were smaller I would probably give it a break. It is just too big for me and I absolutely hate the way the hinge allows the phone to open. I personally think it is a very poor design. I love the way that my old 9300 opens, and I figured Nokia would try to replicate it with the E90.

Anyway, I think that s80 and s60 are very different, so I wouldn't necessarily get one to hold you over until your E90 arrives. I would just use what you have now, and save yourself some cash.

I personally enjoy using s80 from time to time, as it gives me a 'break' from s60. If you weren't getting the E90, I would definitely give the 9300 a try...

Device(s)
    Nokia E71-2
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Im not really worried about the size itself since I carry around a N93. Now thats a huge phone! Im more concern about the application availability. Mostly I use Agile 24/7. I rarely log on to pc for messengers since I have it. Gmail with the built in email app would be great too since I communicate more via email.

Device(s)
    Nokia 9300i
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I agree. There is no point in getting one to hold you over. I would definatly try the 9300i if you have the mean. Even if it is just for fun. The S80 seems like a more bussines&power user oriented OS. Both are fun to play with. The S60 is prettier, but the S80 does more.