Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Iowa 3G?

Feedback Score
    I wonder if the Cedar Rapids 3G will also cover Iowa City. I would hope so with all of the students and the potential for 3G iPhones. Here's hoping it does.
    -Rod

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    would be nice since I go through there often, but is very doubtbul

Feedback Score
    I would hope with all the Apple love and products on Campus that AT&T would extend their 3G to include Iowa City, especially with all of the Chicago students going to school here.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Anybody know how long it usually takes to get 3G up and running once the upgrade process is started?

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Well I am not 100% sure, but it looks as if they are currently upgrading in some parts of Cedar Rapids. I just seen a truck earlier with a couple guys on the tower at an at&t site off Mt. Vernon rd right by the Autozone. Hopefully this would be the 3G upgrade, and not just maintenance because this area never flooded in the flood.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Unfortunately I broke my Tilt so I can't actually use the 3G on my phone, but I do have the data card and am picking up 3G speeds off an on so I can confirm that they are upgrading towers to 3G in Cedar Rapids. According to Speed Tests done at speedtest.net I am getting 2mbps download speeds. FINALLY!!

Feedback Score
    I'll be in CR on Thursday with my 3G iPhone so I'll check it out. It's too bad Iowa City wasn't included in these updates.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Cool. Nothing here, yet.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Storm
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Spoke to reps at both CR stores and the IC store (yes, I know the reps that reps often have about product knowledge) and all shrugged and said the same "Well, maybe by the end of the year...maybe."

Hopefully they will really upgrade their service as where I live (NE part) has little or no coverage...unless you want to be on a partner tower and have AT&T cancel you for roaming too much on a non-AT&T tower.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KobesKD
    That was known on page 1, locally they have said the floods have pushed back plans in the state, but no specifics.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Yea dont know wat the hell I was thinking. I do work at In Tolerance every now and then and AT&T has a cell site behind the building. They were there doing the upgrade on Thursday, so it seems they are moving along alright. I asked them if it was for my 3G and he said he couldnt say and just smiled.

**To all of those with wishful thinking of the 3G upgrade making its way to Iowa City..........unfortunately it will NOT, Iowa City will not be upgraded this year with Cedar Rapids even though they are close. Maybe next year**

Device(s)
    HTC TILT, 8525, BJI, BJII, SE w580i, w760a, z750a
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Well after doing some research, the main reason ATT is so behind with 3G in Iowa, is because they don't have any spectrum to deploy it. All they have is 5mhz. So I guess they are working on getting some from another company, which is why it is taking so long. Best of luck!
    iPhone 4 on AT&T:

http://www.xti9.com/v3xx[/FONT][/SIZE]

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quad City 3G launch date has been set for October 15th!

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Where did you hear/see this?

--JOsh

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast