Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 LastLast

Thread: Official Motorola W385 Hacking thread

Device(s)
    Moto W385
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score

Lightbulb FREE MP3 Editor!

Quote Originally Posted by MM_Telus_W385
    If anyone needs a custom mp3 ring tone I have been having luck at making custom ones

Actually you can download the program for free and do it yourself. Its very easy. Any problems just send me a message. FREE MP3 EDITOR

This will allow you to edit your MP3. Which will allow you to load more on your phone as you can pick and choose exactly what part of the song you want to use for your ring tone!
    Telus Pay And Talk 10 Years Plus!

Feedback Score
    I updated the drivers but I tried BitPim version 1.0.7 and choose other CDMA phone
    I choose the motorola com and it always says no phone detected/reconized
    what do I have to do? I'm a beginner in all this. Please help me I just would like to be able to use the ringtones that I created with MPT.

Feedback Score
    I don't have problem creating ringtones I just can't get them into the ringtones of my phone I am with telus and they let me go to media and when I put my ringtones into the phone I can't do save as ringtones

Device(s)
    NAPOLEON Q9n S/W NAP_AP_01.31.00R
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Have any of you Telus W385 owners tried to do the seem edit to re-enable Apply as RingTone so you don't have to go through the trouble of deleting the 2 files every time you add a new ringtone? Do the 2 seem edits below and you should have Apply as RingTone back without having to delete any filesystem files anymore.

Seem 2742 Bytes 0000 Record 0001
    Offset 0075, Bit 4 - Off
    Offset 00a0, Bit 5 - Off
    Of Those Who Say Nothing Few Are Silent

Device(s)
    Moto W385
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    This is all I need but what does it do? I'm really new to this and I just want to be able to apply as ringtone the one that I made for my telus W385.
    Thanks for the link but could you just explain exactly how to use this program, that would be really nice of you. Thanks you in advanced! )

Device(s)
    Motorola W385
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    hey guys ya i have the Motorola W385 and Bitpim wont automatically detect it but if u manually set it to the right com port it will see the filesystem but i want to do the seem editing to apply as ringtone but P2K Seem wont detect my phone and i have all the drivers installed what do i do

Device(s)
    Motorola W385
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    never mind guys i figured it out but great work with everything and keep on going

Device(s)
    W385
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Communication Port Unavailable

So since I lost everything on my hard drive, i thought it would be a good idea to set my phone back up on my computer. I've had it working in mpt and p2k before, then I had a problem with mpt which fixed itself. I posted it in this forum but because it fixed itself it never was really resolved. I installed MPT, updated to 4.3.6, installed the 2.6.2 drivers for my phone, the phone is recognized in my computer as a motorola modem as it was before, but when i set up MPT, it won't recognize my phone. The phone comes up in the bottom of my screen, but there is a little red dot that looks like a "do not enter" sign that shows up in the bottom left corner of the phone's screen. And when i hover my mouse over it it says "Communication Port Unavailable." I tried changing the port my phone was connected to, i tried changing the "communications port" that was already connected (i'm not exactly sure what it is) but neither worked. P2k doesn't work either, which makes me think it's a problem with my drivers and not my MPT. Any help is appreciated

Thanks

G

Edit: Ok, so I got P2k up and running, It wasn't looking on the right com port, but I can't get MPT working. How can I change what COM port MPT looks at? Or if i can't, how can i transfer ringtones without deleting the "two files" as i'm rather dubious about actually deleting files on my phone. Thanks

G

Edit 2: Ok, i am so ridiculously close you have no idea. When I copy music files over with P2k commander, I have to change it to a .qcp extension and i have to deselect all the attributes for the file in order for the ringtone to show up in my phone. I can play the file, and it shows up in my ringtones, not my recorded files, but when i try to change my ringtone to the new one, it doesn't give me the "new ringtone set" message, and the ringtone just gets set to the default verizon one. What should I do?

Thanks

G

Edit 3: Wow, sorry for my ridiculously long post, I'll probably get banned cause of this, but I got it to work. I threw caution to the wind and deleted the two .db files, and guess what, it worked. So for all those Verizon peeps out there who come to this forum because all the verizon ones suck, u can use p2k and still get your ringtones on.

G Out
    Last edited by gsparx; 10-25-2008 at 11:09 PM.

Device(s)
    W385
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Ok, I'm back. I was wondering which folder the text messages are stored in and how I would go about copying them from my phone.

Thanks

G

Device(s)
    W385
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    So, the verizon phone doesn't support Java apps? Just BREW apps? Can anyone clarify?

Thanks

G

Device(s)
    Moto W385
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score

Thumbs down Verizon

Quote Originally Posted by gsparx
    So, the verizon phone doesn't support Java apps? Just BREW apps? Can anyone clarify?

Thanks

G

This is a Telus thread.

Device(s)
    Motorola W385
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Telus vs Verizon vs other providers

Quote Originally Posted by MM_Telus_W385
    This is a Telus thread.
    The title of this thread is "Official Motorola W385 Hacking thread", so it would seem to apply to the phone and include all providers that use it. There are several Verizon posts here. Why did you make the above statement?

Device(s)
    Moto W385
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Rick314
    The title of this thread is "Official Motorola W385 Hacking thread", so it would seem to apply to the phone and include all providers that use it. There are several Verizon posts here. Why did you make the above statement?

This is the telus thread. Check the link out....

HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource > Canadian Carrier Discussion > TELUSMobility.HowardForums.com > PCS Phones > Official Motorola W385 Hacking thread

Each company has their own thread.

Device(s)
    W385
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Yes,

Except all the Verizon threads suck. I've tried starting one myself and there's nothing on it compared to what's on here. I've gotten pretty much all my questions answered here so I'm going to keep posting here regardless.

G

Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 LastLast