Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: How to: MP3 Ring tones on Branded SE Phones (Working!)

Device(s)
    w580i
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocrash
    vegass i had the same problem until i figure out it wasn't that AT&T was blocking mp3 ringtones but the fact that they have a filesize limit on their ringtones its like under 600kbs or something.
    hope that helps
    That's very interesting. I assume the rule of thumb would be make the mp3 about 30 seconds?

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson w580i Gray (AT&T unlocked&Unbranded)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    yeah its about 30 secs. but then again there were some ringtones that just didn't cut to the filesize limit at 30secs so just decrease the kbps. I use GoldWave to cut up my ringtones if that helps.

Device(s)
    SE W580i
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    you do not need to use myphoneexplorer. You can navigate to the same place using windows explorer when your phone is in 'phone mode'. If you cannot get MPE working try this instead.

HOW TO:
    1) click 'start'
    2) click 'my computer'
    3) double click 'sony ericsson file manager'
    4) you should now see your phone. double click on the name of your phone.

you should now see two folders, "memory stick" and "phone memory".

5) drag and drop your .dm music files into THIS folder (not into "memory stick" or "phone memory")

Feedback Score
    ZeroCrash---I used ur advice and YAY!! it totally worked! I had to go into my MP3 ringtone maker and cut down the files to about 20 seconds each on average, and it Worked perfect! Ur awesome. I seriously was pissed and you saved my day! lol Thanks!!!!! Now if only u could add a flash to my phone camera!!

Feedback Score
    vrexe and sandini, THANK YOU VERY MUCH. i have been looking for an effective way to set my mp3's as ringtones on my Rogers w580i for quite some time now. and when i found this, and finally got it to work, i couldn't have been happier. thank you for the easy to follow tutorial that ACTUALLY works for my phone.

Device(s)
    w580i
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I can't seem to "drag and drop" from DRM Packager 1.35 after I have created the drm content file. What am I missing/doing wrong? Any ideas??

Feedback Score
    it works!!!!!! thanks a heap!!!!

Feedback Score

8)

I've had my k790 for two months now with the same sh*t ring tone! Thank you very much for creating this thread! Both the drag & drop and upload methods worked for me in MyPhoneExplorer.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the tutorial on this. I've had the same very unique ringtone for about 1.5 years and got the W580i and couldn't switch the ringtone drove me mental for about 3 days until I discovered this

Device(s)
    W580
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    when transferring drm content file through the drag and drop method
    i keep getting an error message saying
    "phone did'nt answer"
    help...

even through the SE file manager..
    i cannot view the phone.. it detects it
    but i keeping get
    "connection lost" message on the cell...

Feedback Score

blah PLEASE HELP

Hey guys, i followed the exact steps and it all works, the mp3s download to my W580 but... they wont work, i am not asked how i want to use this file, and where the files are, they all have a red line across them =S i dunno what to do i tried redoing it so many times! sometimes the files go to the other folder, sometimes they go to the music folder but still nothing works =( PLEASE HELP

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson W580i
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

DRM packager 1.35 for windows

Anyone have a copy of the packager 1.35 for windows? The one from SE site appears to be corrupted, as when I run it it just popup with a DOS window for 2 seconds then it closes and no further actions! Also when I run it in a DOS window it said "Program too big to fit in memory"!! Help anyone???

Never mind, I figured out. Just rename the file to .zip from.exe and unzip it before running.
    Last edited by eman6628; 09-27-2007 at 02:17 PM.

Device(s)
    B5702
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I get new FLASH on my Rogers W580i, play whole mp3 as ringtone with no problem.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sandini_power
    u plug ur w580 in then u choose phone mode
    then u go into SE File Manger and click on My W580
    Now u will c 2 folders Phone Mem and Mem card

Drag ur .dm file in here...where the two folders are
    dont drag it into the folders but just drag it where u c the 2 folders, into tht window

Once u do tht ur phone will sudden move and it will transfer the .dm file
    you will c it on ur phone screen
    Now it will place the file in the Music folder for u automatically and ask you if u want to use it now..

If u get all tht you did it right

OMG IT WORKED!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING THIS!! MY ERICSSON W580 WITH ROGERS CAN NOW PLAY FULL MP3'S OR W.E AS A RIGNTONE...THANK YOU!

Feedback Score
    Alright I got it to work, I'll see if I can post or email some pics to go along with the step-by-step. BTW, MyPhoneExplorer does, it tricks the phone into thinking it's a legit ringtone that's being downloaded. The phone creates the 'rights' file for you. That's what the *.dcf stuff is. It's the media without the rights. Anyone wants pics can email me @ [email protected] and I'll send you what I've got. Sandini you're a freaking genius!

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast