Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Freaking Wing!

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Freaking Wing!

You guys won't believe this. Today, out of the blue, the touch screen of my Wing stopped working. Everything else works, touch screen doesn't accept any touches.

I hard reset the phone thinking it might fix it, now the wing is stuck on the screen "touch screen to begin setup on the phone". Can't hit the touch screen. T-Mo is replacing the phone, but gotta pay $15 for the express shipping and it'll be here by the end of the week.

Just wanted to vent.

Device(s)
    T-Mobile HTC HD2
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Question: Do you keep it in your pocket?
    United States of America 1776 - 2001 RIP

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    well, is a pocket pc... makes sense to keep it in the pocket ?!?!

at the edge of screen, dust and dirt gets to it, all around, grab a paper and slided between the screen and the casing... you will be surprised of how much dirt is in there.. this fixes a lot of touch related problems.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I don't keep it in my pocket. I have it in the 'holster' most of the time. I tried the paper trick, but no dice. I've had this phone since June. That's only 2 months.

It's just as well I guess. The phone felt ... loose.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    if there is no dirtand another hard reset wont fix it... send it back

a hard reset on my mda can be perform this way. press the comm button and voice command button at same time, keep them pressed while you poke the rset button, dont let go of the buttons... it will then go into format mode.. press "send" button, and see if it picks up after sliding the paper like you said you did... ?!

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    well, there isn't any dirt. I tried cleaning it again with a business card. I even took off the invisible shield screen protector. I hard reset it, and now it's stuck in the setup screen asking me to tap the screen to continue

T-Mo is sending another one. Good thing I have all my contacts backed up. anyone know if when they replace the wing, if they send a new one or a refurb one?

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    ATT (More Bars In More Places)
    Feedback Score
    ok is there a option on getting a replacement phone with a free shipping charge?? I don't understand how tmobile can charge u shipping on a replacement phone but not charge for shipping when upgrading a phone

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Ummmm I don't know, but it came today. 1 day for express shipping. I've almost got my phone back to the state it was before the touch screen went down. It must be a refurb phone. It came with NOTHING. no back. no battery. no stylus. no battery. Just the phone, but it works.

I guess even though it's under warranty, they have to charge something for shipping the phone. My guess is some people who keep exchanging the phones just to get a 'new one' because it has a tiny scratch on it ruins it for everyone else.

Device(s)
    Nokia N900 (I Like)
    Carrier(s)
    Deutche Telekom (USA version)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood_Rich
    ok is there a option on getting a replacement phone with a free shipping charge?? I don't understand how tmobile can charge u shipping on a replacement phone but not charge for shipping when upgrading a phone
    If you search the forums you will find out if you have insurance, ground shipping is free.
    "Hack the Planet!!"

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    They wanted 120 for the insurance when I first signed up. I thought, "lets see.... $100 for the wing.... $120 for the insurance??? How does that make any sense?"

Device(s)
    Nokia N900 (I Like)
    Carrier(s)
    Deutche Telekom (USA version)
    Feedback Score

Who's insurance is that?!

Doesn't sound like T-Mobile insurance. It only costs $5.99 a month for T-Mobile insurance. not $120. The thing is you have 14 days to sign up for it. After that you can't get insurance until you buy another phone.

Device(s)
    T-Mobile Wing
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NeophyteDMD
    Doesn't sound like T-Mobile insurance. It only costs $5.99 a month for T-Mobile insurance. not $120. The thing is you have 14 days to sign up for it. After that you can't get insurance until you buy another phone.
    Asurion insurance sucks bawls. I got my Wing last week through my companies TMo rep and broke it before making any calls BUT had sent txts. They will not cover a phone unless it's had billable calls made from it. Douches. I spent 2 hours on the phone with them arguing about txt vs calls. Didnt help any.

Luckily my Tmo guy is the shiz and sent me another one, no charge Now that is service. Tmo for life.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    so their argument is that if your phone is broken to begin with and you've not made any calls, they won't cover it??? What exactly is insurance for? That sounds really stupid.

Device(s)
    Tmobile G1x2 Wing Nokia 6101
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile & Tmobile to go
    Feedback Score
    i hate refrub sh=it when they have new sh+it

Device(s)
    Tmobile Wing OEM rom
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by why_phone
    i hate refrub sh=it when they have new sh+it
    my view on this that you have been using
    the device for a number of days and it is no longer new. why should any company send you a new device to replace a used device?

I have had quite a few pocketPCs replaced by T-Mobile and they have always been refirbs in perfect shape! in my opinion that is a fair deal!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast