Thread: My father has been with Telus for 9 years...shouldent he get some kind of deal...?

Feedback Score

My father has been with Telus for 9 years...shouldent he get some kind of deal...?

My father has been with Telus for 9 years...he went to renew his 3 year contract and showed me his new phone...I asked about his rate plan, and has had the same plan for as long as I can remember...Talk 20, after being with them for so long isn't he supposed to get deals on plans when he renews?

Device(s)
    iPhone 5C
    Feedback Score
    Older plans tend to actually be much cheaper and include more plans than new ones (for minutes, CID and VM).

Also they don't always rename the plans.

Feedback Score
    He has the same Talk 20 plan that you get today, 200 anytime minutes and that's it...no voice mail, caller ID, or anything. And no per-second billing.

Device(s)
    Q10 (active)
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mitts2010
    My father has been with Telus for 9 years...he went to renew his 3 year contract and showed me his new phone...I asked about his rate plan, and has had the same plan for as long as I can remember...Talk 20, after being with them for so long isn't he supposed to get deals on plans when he renews?
    Uhm... How exactly are they going to "deal up" a Talk 20 plan? If you're on a plan like that, you're obviously not using your phone much. If you'd like, they could give you minutes you won't use or something.

Feedback Score
    I just thought it was weird that they didn't offer him anything...like free voice mail, because these other people on the forum are always bragging about the retention plans they were offered and stuff.

Device(s)
    Q10 (active)
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mitts2010
    I just thought it was weird that they didn't offer him anything...like free voice mail, because these other people on the forum are always bragging about the retention plans they were offered and stuff.
    Other people on the forum are also asking for more that the first offer. Similar to how you would haggle the price on a car or the interest rate on a mortgage, if you want a deal on your wireless service, you need to haggle.

Obviously they're going to start with a plain offer at the start, since why give away features if you don't have to? If you press further then they'll find things to offer more, within reason of course.

Device(s)
    Lumia 920
    Feedback Score
    Daddy should be on a EPP plan, the 17.30 would be good. Call Telus and see if they'll switch it.