Thread: new phone and plan extention question

Device(s)
    Nokia 6500 Classic
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score

new phone and plan extention question

I was lookin into getting a color phone and called up the foundation accounts number to get prices. They gave me prices and told me I have to sign for another year. My question is that I currently have the eliminated 34.99 national plan and I was wondering if my year extension would have to be with one of the new plans. The rep said no, but I'm not sure I believe that. I'd rather buy an unlocked phone elsewhere and keep my current plan than move to the 39.99 plan. Anybody have experience in this matter?

Damn HoFo! I'm turning into a phone junkie.

Thanks
    Bubb
    The whistles go Woooooo!

Device(s)
    Siemens S46
    Carrier(s)
    ATTWS
    Feedback Score
    You should be able to extend your old plan to get the phone discount. It'd be messed up if they changed your plan without telling you.

Device(s)
    Motorola V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    you should also be able to change to the new $29.99 national plan, and get the same amount of minutes, more N&W, all around a better plan....

I switched from the $34.99 national plan, 300 ATM, and 3000 NWM.........

switched to the $29.99 national plan, 200ATM + 100ATM bonus, and Unlimited NWM. Same coverage, same features, everyting was the same.......

If this is the case for you (i'm in knoxville, TN) then i would suggest either just switching to the $30 plan and not extending your contract, or switch to the $30 and extend it to get a new phone, either way though, i think the new $30 plan would work well for you considering it's the effective same minutes (more NWM too) but for $5 less.

Just thought i'd share the info!.....
    "Yes Lord! Walking in the Way of Your Truth, I wait eagerly for You; For Your Name, and Your Renown, are the desire of my soul."
    <><
    - Jason Markley
    AIM: markley268laptop

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8700c, 7130e
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by markley268
    I switched from the $34.99 national plan, 300 ATM, and 3000 NWM.........
    My $34.99 is 300+200 bonus, unlimited...

Device(s)
    Motorola V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by jsuen
    My $34.99 is 300+200 bonus, unlimited...

I see, how arrogant of me to assume u had the same plan as i. My sincere appologies. I guess the $35 is worth it to you then. ) Hope everything turns out ok for ya!

Peace...