Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: E65 Housing

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vbap
    However, I noticed while playing around, that the microphone sits inside a round cavity inside the middle housing. When I lift the middle housing, the microphone stays inside that housing. Did either of you (dimik / caparn) experience this and did you just pull the microphone out of the old middle housing and put it into the new middle housing? From the DIsassembly guide, it suggests that once the microphone comes out, it cannot be re-used....
    I didn't actually notice the microphone. I think you may actually get a new microphone included in a new middle housing. There certainally were a couple of electrical contact items at the bottom of the new housing. I'll check when I get home to see if the old mic is still inside the old casing an report back.

PS: My phone works just fine.

Device(s)
    E65
    Carrier(s)
    Three Australia
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by caparn
    I didn't actually notice the microphone. I think you may actually get a new microphone included in a new middle housing. There certainally were a couple of electrical contact items at the bottom of the new housing.
    Hmmm - my middle housing does not have a microphone included. Now I'm concerned if I try to replace the middle housing - it looks like the microphone is not fixed inside the housing. According to the disassembly guide, it should just come out. I hope I can re-insert into the new housing...

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson W850i White
    Carrier(s)
    Optus
    Feedback Score

Red face

OK, I am giving this a go also.

I think I understand the conflict between Dimik and Caparn. From viewing the "Disassembly" slides, plus having a close look at my E65, I deduce the following:
    1. In order to remove the "Middle" housing, a screw needs to be removed.
    2. This screw is located in near the top of phone (ie above the camera lens)
    3. To access this screw, there are two methods:
    4. The Caparn method is as per the Disassembly slide. That is,
      1. remove the screen housing,
      2. remove the screen itself,
      3. open the slide to remove the "black plastic", and push though the round "masking" disc, thus creating a hole
      4. close the slide
      5. the hole should now be aligned with the screw head of the middle housing,
      6. remove the screw
    5. The Dimik method is to remove the entire slide assembly from the phone by removing the pins that attach the slide to the main body.

I would prefer the Dimik method, as I am loath to touch the LCD screen itself.

However, I noticed while playing around, that the microphone sits inside a round cavity inside the middle housing. When I lift the middle housing, the microphone stays inside that housing. Did either of you (dimik / caparn) experience this and did you just pull the microphone out of the old middle housing and put it into the new middle housing? From the DIsassembly guide, it suggests that once the microphone comes out, it cannot be re-used....

Thanks Guys.
    vbap I applaude you .. yes you see what's going on and worded it brilliantly. Dimi did it her way and as a result didn't damage anything and although it wasn't easy it still is a much safer alternative.

Again vbap you excelled here!

Thanks for clearing this all up. I coudln't understand why the lcd had to be touched!

Peace out to you!!

Dimi ;o)
    Nothing comes to those who do nothing!

Device(s)
    E65
    Carrier(s)
    Three Australia
    Feedback Score
    Dimi,
    Did you have any issues with the microphone as I mentioned above? Did you have to move it from the old middle housing to the new or did you get a microphone with the new middle housing?

Thanks,

Feedback Score
    However, I noticed while playing around, that the microphone sits inside a round cavity inside the middle housing. When I lift the middle housing, the microphone stays inside that housing. Did either of you (dimik / caparn) experience this and did you just pull the microphone out of the old middle housing and put it into the new middle housing? From the Disassembly guide, it suggests that once the microphone comes out, it cannot be re-used....
    I can confirm that the new housing came with a mic already in it.
    I purchased a genuine Nokia middle housing from http://www.blueunplugged.com/p.aspx?p=119994
    I just left the old one in the old housing.

Device(s)
    E65
    Carrier(s)
    Three Australia
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by caparn
    I can confirm that the new housing came with a mic already in it.
    I purchased a genuine Nokia middle housing from http://www.blueunplugged.com/p.aspx?p=119994
    I just left the old one in the old housing.
    Thanks caparn.

I'll also wait for Dimi's response, since hers would not be original nokia (they don't make white). I got my black one from ebay HK, and just need to know whether I should have expected a mic in the middle housing or whether it's reasonably safe to transfer it from old to new.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Optus
    Feedback Score

Red face

I answered the question about the microphone, I had no issues at all with it.

As for the housing, it's got Nokia logo front and back and looks just like the phone's housing when I bought the phone, normally generic ones go unbranded so as far as I can see it's orginal. The middle cover caparn bought is just that, one piece of a 3 pce set, so maybe it's packaged differently. I can't know how manufacturers pack their products. I guess everyone has to be content with what they buy and the choices they make. Right guys?

Device(s)
    E65
    Carrier(s)
    Three Australia
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dimik
    I answered the question about the microphone, I had no issues at all with it.
    Sorry Dimi, I must be blind - I didn't see your response. Did you move it from the old housing to the new housing or did it come with the new housing?

Quote Originally Posted by dimik
    As for the housing, it's got Nokia logo front and back and looks just like the phone's housing when I bought the phone, normally generic ones go unbranded so as far as I can see it's orginal.
    Mine has the same Nokia logo and branding, but I'm pretty sure it's not nokia "original" (I think the ebay covers even mention that). Doesn't matter, I'm generally happy with the cover (the material feels a little cheaper than my original red one).

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Optus
    Feedback Score
    vpab I didn't touch the microphone, it's still the original microphone. I only changed the housing and nothing else was touched/removed etc.

As far as the housing goes, I am not fussed to be honest about whether it's original or not, it has the Nokia logo it and looks just like the genuine Red one I originally got the E65 with, yes the material is different as it doesn't have the smooth feel of the Red but I put a crystal cover over it and so it matters none to me. Actually it's more a look thing, white is so clean, classy and flawless. I love the color white so I am extremely happy with the end result of the new housing on my phone.

Device(s)
    Nokia E65 Mocca
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Dimik,

Can you share with us how to specifically remove the slider with the pin that you mentioned that must be removed in order for the slide assembly to be taken apart.

Thanks in Advance

Feedback Score
    Hey ALL!

I finally got around to changing my housing. I couldn't figure out out to remove the entire sliding mechanism...

capran's method of performing the housing change. You just have to be careful with the LCD. All in all pretty simple job.

Device(s)
    Nokia E65 Mocca
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I have an original Nokia E65 Mocca Housing for sale now if anyones interested. Just PM me.

Device(s)
    Nokia N82 Titanium (Finland)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido (Fido-2-Fido!)
    Feedback Score
    ^ might want to post it on bst

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3