Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: External battery pack available for iPhone?

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G 16GB Black FW 2.2.1
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jparris1
    I like it. It gives decent protection. The battery works great I used it for a long day and it lasted well into the evening before ever even touching my iPhone's battery. Ran off the Powerslider all day. It is pretty bulky, but it feels nice in the hand and is not as heavy as it looks. I wouldn't use it every day, but for those times I know I will be away from a charger and will be using my iPhone intensively it is a lifesaver. On normal days I just carry the little kensington charger to top off if needed.
    One note, it can, like many slider cases, cause your screen shields to bubble on the edges.
    Sounds like a fair assessment of the device.... i went and took a look at it last night at b***buy and i have to say its fairly light, contoured fit and looks nice, seems little pricey but i guess its about right on, 30 for a case and roughly 40-70 for any b*ttery pack...

i can see how it might make the screen films bubble as you mentioned though. do you happan to use a power support crystal or antiglare ? the PS films are ever so slightly smaller than the actual screen surface and i'm wondering if this is enough space to allow the powerslider to not touch the film edge ? or if it might be better to try and get an exact form fitting film so that the edges of the film are more securely under the powerslider edges, if that makes any sense .. ?

Feedback Score
    I do use the PS antiglare. I suspect if I applied it perefectly centered it might be ok. I consistently fail in my attempts to perfectly center it however, always being off to one side a bit. This is the side that bubbles. So it's more my fault than the case's but i pointed it out since many people seem to have this problem.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Fry's recently had the APC UPB10 on sale for only $9.99 one day only; say what you will about its relatively-smaller capacity compared to some of the other products mentioned in this thread, but at $10 even you folks have to admit that it's a helluva steal.
    Tony

Feedback Score
    I wanted to get a Mophie JuicePack but they're pretty expensive. I found an iPhone 3G battery pack at this site for $30. I haven't got it in the mail yet but I plan on doing a review on it.

http://www.inspiretech.com/p-451-iph...tery-pack.aspx

Device(s)
    1st Gen iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ltdanicecream
    I wanted to get a Mophie JuicePack but they're pretty expensive. I found an iPhone 3G battery pack at this site for $30. I haven't got it in the mail yet but I plan on doing a review on it.

http://www.inspiretech.com/p-451-iph...tery-pack.aspx

Wow, that looks almost identical to the Mophie and at just $30 is ridiculously inexpensive. There are garden variety non-battery cases out there that are more expensive than that.

You know what would make for an even better product than the Mophie or In-Case battery case would be if the charging port was the standard iPhone connector instead of a mini-usb since you end up having to use an extra cable when there doesn't seem to be a purpose. It just seems stupid not to have the standard iPhone connector and having another cable to keep track of.

Device(s)
    1st Gen iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    In other news, Seidio has a new external battery pack that does use the original connector or dock and looks pretty attractive at the same time. It's an end docking extended battery like the Richard Solo and others but it is styled like the iPhone and looks pretty slick. Goes for $39 and gives a 50% boost.

http://www.seidioonline.com/v/vspfil...08IPH3G-2T.jpg

http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...de=BAPT08IPH3G

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Incase Power Slider....excellent.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3G[S]
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I can 2nd the power slider.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I am using the Incase Powerslider also and love it. I do have some issues with syncing to iTunes from it. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Found this one. Looks decent and the price is good.

iPower

EDIT: I guess this is the Brando iPower. Review here.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Mophie > Incase Power Slider

Theres no syncing issues with it. I recommend the Mophie Juice Pack
    Subscribe to my YouTube Channel? Plz? Kthxbai.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/m1ndgam3z

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The Mophie isn't a true case -- it leaves the entire top of the phone open.

I chose the Incase Power Slider because it covers the full phone, chrome included.

Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gags1892
    The Mophie isn't a true case -- it leaves the entire top of the phone open.

I chose the Incase Power Slider because it covers the full phone, chrome included.
    I got the Incase power slider a couple days ago. So far I like it a lot. I can still carry the phone in the case in my shirt pocket. And it is a decent case. I suspect I wont use it all of the time, but rather will keep it charged if I need to pop the phone in it.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    This new one looks real slick.

And it comes in white.

http://www.phonesuit.com/products/Mi...ack-14-10.html
    Check out my reviews here.

Device(s)
    V3X
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tdoh
    I bought the APC UPB10 at Fry's a few days ago for $15.

FWIW--based on its specs, the UPB10 has enough storage capacity to theoretically fully charge an iPhone 3G (from empty) about 1.4x over, based on the iPhone 3G's speculated battery capacity of around 1400 mAh...meaning that the UPB10 can supply you with enough power capacity equivalent to 1.4 iPhone 3G batteries.
    huh?

UPB10 is 10Wh. Amps = Watts / Volts ( 10Wh / 3.7v = 2.7 Ah Or 2700mAh)

almost 2x Iphone 3G stock battery.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast