Thread: Would sprint activate a sierra evdo mini pci card that was supposedly verizon ?

Device(s)
    700wx Then 800w
    Feedback Score

Question Would sprint activate a sierra evdo mini pci card that was supposedly verizon ?

Would sprint activate a sierra evdo mini pci card that was supposedly verizon ?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Simple answer... Go to Verizon. Only sprint cards allowed on sprint's network.

Device(s)
    700wx Then 800w
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by socksbb
    Simple answer... Go to Verizon. Only sprint cards allowed on sprint's network.

Verizon is so expensive... and Lenovo doesn't sell sprint built in cards...

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5 Active, Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    at&t (formerly Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    Then just get the Sierra Wireless AirCard U595 USB EV-DO Rev A Modem or Novatel U720 USB EVDO Rev A modem from Sprint.

That's what I would have done if I bought a Laptop that had a built in CDMA EVDO or GSM EDGE modem.

In fact at the moment I'm using my AT&T Sierra Wireless AirCard 875U USB modem with my Sony VIAO UX280p that has its own built in EDGE modem/SIM card to use with Cingular/AT&T. Later, I may get the Sierra Wireless' AirCard 595U EV-DO Rev A USB modem later this year to be able to use it with the VIAO when EVDO Rev A is in more markets that I go to.
    If you feel that you have to correct some of my posts for my capitalization of some of my words, then just bear with it. It's just a discussion forum where some may be limited by time to answer in well-versed and eloquent sentences.

I already got a PHD (Plain High School Diploma) so ignore my style of writing and I'll ignore your ignorance.

Subject: You can read this-trust me!

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.
    Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt!

When asked if I see the glass half empty or half full, I responded I see just a glass of water.
    Now you know how I think.

Device(s)
    700wx Then 800w
    Feedback Score
    The point is that this way it's internal ... built in antenna .... nothing sticking out.

Does sprint offer mini-pci ?

--

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5 Active, Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    at&t (formerly Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    I don't think they offer internal mini-PCI out of their stores or online to be sold to customers. I do know that several of Sony VIAO laptop models do have them built in to be activated with Sprint Broadband service (not sure if EVDO Rev A is in any of them yet) though.

I thought about the USB Modem being in the way, but I'd say it is a lot easier to just be able to get any laptop that I want and easily be able use it with my service. With it being internal, I wouldn't be able to use it with my other laptops or if I needed to, my desktop.

Feedback Score
    anyway to fake the ESN on your internal card?

buy a sprint-issued card and clone its ESN on your internal (vzw) card

Feedback Score
    If you buy one of the USB data cards from sprint and disassemble them, there is a standard miniPCI card inside that you can then put in the laptop of your choice.

If you are specifically planning to put it in a lenovo thinkpad and replace the stock verizon miniPCI card this will not work. The thinkpad BIOS prevents it from booting with the non approved miniPCI card. Currently there is no workaround. (or I would have done this with my x61t)

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    H2O Wireless
    Feedback Score
    bryanhargi,

Have you tried the no1802.com fix for your problem?
    See http://www.command-tab.com/2006/02/2...ireless-cards/

Feedback Score
    no1802 only works on the t43 and earlier machines. T60 and X60 series machines display an 1804 error. As yet there is no equivelent program for them and no real interest in developing one. (AFAIK)

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    H2O Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Joy joy, Lenovo strikes again! I guess you'll have to resort to the sort of the manual hack (changing the whitelisted PCI ID)that mini-pci people had to deal with up till now. Break out Phoneix bios editor and start looking up those PCI IDs!

Feedback Score
    ^^ yeah, I bought an external card! I will let someone more 1337 then me figure it out first and package it in a nice easy .com file.