Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Updated Blackjack coming in August?

Device(s)
    Diamond
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

Updated Blackjack coming in August?

I was at the AT&T wireless store today to take a look at the iPhone and spoke with an employee there who personally owned a Blackjack. He mentioned that Samsung was coming out with an updated version Blackjack 2 but I cannot find any mention of this.

Has anyone heard any rumors like this?

Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Tmoble, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I can't find any thing about this. You'd think there'd be something about it if it were. You can't believe those crazy employee's anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKBKqm7v6n4

Free Dedicated Chat on your Nintendo Wii. Instantly find gamers to play with online.

You can find it here.
    Search

Feedback Score
    With the bargain prices they are offering on them right now, they are obviously getting rid of their stock for some reason...

Device(s)
    Samsung BlackJack
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    He was probably just misinformed about the WM6 update that I believe should coincide with AT&T branded BlackJacks.

Device(s)
    Samsung BlackJack
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jjschafe
    With the bargain prices they are offering on them right now, they are obviously getting rid of their stock for some reason...
    Yeah, they all still say Cingular on them.

Device(s)
    Diamond
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonOT
    He was probably just misinformed about the WM6 update that I believe should coincide with AT&T branded BlackJacks.
    Well, no because I also addressed the upcoming wm6 upgrade and he said it was still "a few months away" which was quite depressing. I was originally interested in picking up the blackjack since I will be switching carriers soon and there are several reasons why I am not completely sold on the iphone (edge, no 3rd party apps, IM, etc..) I figured that I could pick up the blackjack or another phone that actually gives you a discount for signing a 2yr and then maybe in the future, pick up an iphone or equivalent when that time comes.

He mentions blackjack2 in August and I started thinking that if it is coming out that soon, I should be able to find some information. I have no idea.

Device(s)
    Samsung BlackJack
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteSoxxx
    Well, no because I also addressed the upcoming wm6 upgrade and he said it was still "a few months away" which was quite depressing. I was originally interested in picking up the blackjack since I will be switching carriers soon and there are several reasons why I am not completely sold on the iphone (edge, no 3rd party apps, IM, etc..) I figured that I could pick up the blackjack or another phone that actually gives you a discount for signing a 2yr and then maybe in the future, pick up an iphone or equivalent when that time comes.

He mentions blackjack2 in August and I started thinking that if it is coming out that soon, I should be able to find some information. I have no idea.
    Everything I've read has said we should be seeing AT&T branded BlackJacks and WM6 on the BlackJack sometime this month, so I'm going to assume he's just grossly misinformed.

Feedback Score
    Everything I've read has said we should be seeing AT&T branded BlackJacks and WM6 on the BlackJack sometime this month, so I'm going to assume he's just grossly misinformed.
    I just picked up a new Blackjack yesterday and it has the AT&T logo on it at the bottom.

Device(s)
    Treo 650
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    wrong

also not totally correct. I have heard that the online store is still selling 'cingular' blackjacks, but refurbs.

I bought 2 blackjacks over a month ago.. back in May sometime, and they were both AT&T branded. So no, the AT&T branding will have nothing to do with WM6 at all.. hence the firmware update for WM5 that rebrands everything 'AT&T'

Feedback Score
    I bought mine from a cingular/at&t store a month ago, and it was at&t branded...

Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Tmoble, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Ditto. Bought mine a month ago and it was branded AT&T.

Plus they just don't pop out phones without anyone knowing about it. If there was a second version of the blackjack then we're have press releases and previews. As big as the blackjack is... your not getting a second phone without some big news.

Perhaps what the sales guy was referring to was the actual i600 which is the WiFi model with dual cameras. Its an asian model and won't work in the US because of the differences in cell technologies.

Trust me. There isn't a second variety of blackjacks coming anytime soon. Although I have heard that the Motorola Q9 is due out at AT&T sometime soon. Perhaps thats what he's referring too.

Regardless the sales guy is mistaken.

Device(s)
    Samsung Blackjack II
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    dam thatd be cool if the regular blackjack had 2 cameras.

i also bought my bj a few months ago and its rockin the at&t logo
    phones ive owned:
    motorola 720 (verizon)
    samsung a650 (verizon)
    samsung a610 (verizon)
    samsung a310 (verizon)
    audiovox 8940 (verizon)
    Motorola Razr (verizon)
    Samsung d807 (at&t)
    samsung blackjack (i607) (at&t)
    Sony Ericsson K790a (at&t)
    Sony Ericsson Z310a (at&t)
    Samsung Blackjack II (i617) (at&t) (current)

Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Tmoble, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yea. Google search "Blackjack 2" and there is only 1 link with anything related to this. And if you read the postings you'll learn that its an asian variety.

It does look cool though.

Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Tmoble, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Moto q9 to launch in August on AT&T

Just came in. Goes to show how much those sales guys know.

Device(s)
    Blackjack
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Its possible they are going to begin shipping the Blackjack with WM6 installed by August.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast