Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Help me celebrate the iPhone in a big way....

Device(s)
    Samsung Focus
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    I donno, I have a full QWERTY keyboard that I can assign any program to launch with any key. No 3rd party apps required
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

My HoFo Feedback Thread!

Device(s)
    iPhone 3Gs - 16GB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bilbrelb
    Personally, the iPhone is way overpriced and causes you to lose any special pricing from AT&T and doesn't even have High Speed Broadband.

Seems to me only rich noobies would want such an overpriced piec of candy.
    Blame AT&T....high speed broadband on it's network is nowhere near ubiquitous. I am using it in NYC and even in the areas I travel there are still EDGE only spots.

When AT&T's 3G is ubiquitous, then it will be a big deal.
    PDA Lineage
    Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3),Imate K-Jam,Treo 750, HTC Touch Cruise, HTC Touch Diamond(US),iPhone 3G 16GB,iPhone 3GS 16GB

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I have to agree with J on this. The iPhone is pretty cool, you know if HTC put out this phone and not Apple, most people would be on it. Look how many people on HoFo have purchased the HTC Touch and it lacks 3G too.

What bothers me are the comments I have read where people are buying the iPhone only because of brand loyalty. I think like every phone, it will have positives and negatives.

If the iPhone UI wasn't cool you wouldn't see so many WM developers trying to copy it exactly on WM5/WM6.

Money is relative. If you have a lot of it, what is $600? I just spend that on my HTC Trinity. I am far from rich, but I do well and I can buy things that I appreciate.

That being said, I won't buy an iPhone. I will not go back to EDGE. Most of the places I go are 3G ready. I am on Long Island a lot and only parts are 3G but it has been getting better and it will continue to grow as demand grows. 3G does eat the battery more then EDGE and 3rd Party apps do slow down the phones resources but I enjoy both, so I use both.

I think the one negative thing about the iPhone is that they will all look alike, except for the 'bikini' cover. You won't see any 'Post Your Today Screen' threads because they all are the same.

I see it as healthy competition for WM5/WM6 and Symbian phones. Hopefully this will push them to creating thinner, lighter and better phones. I just know everywhere I go I will see someone with an iPhone, it will be the RAZR all over again.
    @Maevro

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by maevro
    I have to agree with J on this. The iPhone is pretty cool, you know if HTC put out this phone and not Apple, most people would be on it. Look how many people on HoFo have purchased the HTC Touch and it lacks 3G too.
    Good point. I mean, I didn't buy a Touch, nor will I, but a lot of people did. (I assume a lot of those people are using T-Mobile as well; i.e. no 3G support anyway.)

It has some cool features. I have been saying this all along. I would like to check one out. I just won't be BUYING one until it supports some more advanced features.

Now, regarding price being relative, this is true. But as you said you paid $600 for your Trinity. I paid $700 for my TyTN like 9 months ago. There are those paying more for even better devices. But that's just it - the better/more advanced the device, the higher the price. The iPhone has an advanced interface, but that's it. I guess if you want it really badly, it's worth it. (I am about to spend $400 on a CD deck for my car. Do I need it? No. Do I want it really badly? Heck yes I do!)

So yeah, I wouldn't be bashing the iPhone if it weren't for it's price, lack of features, and cult-like following. (I've owned nothing but HTC phones for the past two years (if you consider the Treo 750 an HTC phone - it is made by HTC after all), but I am not stuck on HTC like others are stuck on Apple. I will consider other manufacturers if they have a capable offering.)
    The opinions expressed in this post reflect those of everyone, ever.

HoFo Feedback | eBay Feedback

Device(s)
    HTC Magician :P
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile NL
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JNGold
    Don't need them on an iPhone, that's the point!
    Then what is wrong with having hardware button and be able to map it? :P

Hey I use WM and love my 3rd party proggy's, just don't tell me it the be-all-end-all for EVERYONE.
    Of course not for everyone! Each individual are not the same :P

Have you been asleep lately? Take a look at those who are switching their phones to EDGE only to save on battery life. If you also haven't noticed, not every new WM phone device has 3G included. Anyways, a 3G iPhone is coming.
    But, at least "it" has 3G. And there is nothing wrong for trying to reserve battery. It is the same thing with turning off your phone when you dont use it.

You don't know that for sure. I have heard rumors from reliable sources that Apple will make announcement about the battery. I am betting you will be able to walk into any ATT or Apple store and have the battery replaced on the spot. Just my thought.
    Oh yeah? Good then :P ... oh wait, I still have to go to somewhere ...

Are u kidding me? The WM interface out-of-box blows chunks. A desktop metaphor crammed into a device with a 2.5 inch screen. No close button, have to use the start menu to launch proggy's, crappy WMP, PIE blows, do I need to go on?
    Really? At least you can replace PIE with ... what? Opera? But, how about a browser that does not support Flash? How do you replace it?

Right, people with create a new cool web browser which runs under the Safari web browser.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3Gs - 16GB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by andreas1
    But, at least "it" has 3G. And there is nothing wrong for trying to reserve battery. It is the same thing with turning off your phone when you dont use it.
    Not every WM5 phone has 3G. There are smartphones and devices like the Touch that are being released now that don't include 3G.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson W910i
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular (I despise AT&T!!)
    Feedback Score
    Not every WM5 phone has 3G. There are smartphones and devices like the Touch that are being released now that don't include 3G.
    Seriously...you've been so negative lately, I truly don't understand it. Why the hate for WM? I mean, you use it, yet you're hating. I don't get it. Stop being negative yo!
    Bored at work, so I post alot

Personal blog:
    Sithtech.net

Device(s)
    iphone 4s
    Carrier(s)
    att
    Feedback Score
    yeah, JNG, why so negative lately? We love ya and all.....but come on....snap out of it.
    Mike

Eph 2.8

Device(s)
    iPhone 3Gs - 16GB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkJedi
    Seriously...you've been so negative lately, I truly don't understand it. Why the hate for WM? I mean, you use it, yet you're hating. I don't get it. Stop being negative yo!
    No, not hate. Just an appreciation (a healthy respect) for what Apple is bringing to the table. Say what you will about Apple, Stevie J, or the technical specs of the 1st gen iPhone, but fact of the matter is it represents something that has been lacking in this product space for a long time. Motorola didn't do it, Microsoft has been sitting conservative for a long time, and other OEM's (including HTC - until the Touch) have followed in-line.

Just because I have used WM for over 6 years doesn't mean that it's the be-all-end-all of mobile devices. Look at MS, who just released a new mobile player (Zune) and music store to support it. Where's the capability for WM device to sync music quickly and easily, especially to the Zune store? Nada, zilch, zero. I know MS considers WM as an enterprise business OS, but I think they know they have a great opportunity to reach out to consumers.

I am pretty excited about the iPhone. I know what the shortcomings are. But I know there are MANY people who don't give a hoot about them. I am excited about the iPhone as new technology platform that is just bound to get better and better. While the iPhone technology gets better, the ease of use will continue to be a trademark of the device and HOPEFULLY will force others to improve their products to match.

I have gone through the thick-and-thin with WM. Having said that, I am more open now than ever before to the concept of using another type of device to help me do the things I need to do in life (both professionally and personally). Whether that be a future WM device (Photon), a Palm Linux device, or even a future gen iPhone.

[quote]
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewchandler
    yeah, JNG, why so negative lately? We love ya and all.....but come on....snap out of it.
    Hey take it easy guys. I am not waiting on line and ditching my 750, just yet.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

You probably just want a bit of a break from WM to see what else there is out there, and whether they fit your usage better. There's nothing wrong with that. I know I'm on my WM break.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Well, this should make you feel better......

Gizmodo iPhone Interview....

The best party is the guy with the hat. He knows the phone work with EDGE but tells us that AT&T doesn't support 3G.

Device(s)
    iphone 4s
    Carrier(s)
    att
    Feedback Score
    ok...ok....ok.....

I love the ideas of the iphone. It's targeting it's audience perfectly. The market people know what people want and are really, really good at giving it. I think it's a really great device for music, email, phone. Really great. It just won't do what I need/want and that's ok.....b/c neither does alot of other good things.

For example, where I live, I need a truck. I've always loved Porches but a Porche wouldn't do me any good where I live. It wouldn't do what I needed it to do. That doesn't mean it isn't great. It just means it's not for me. I respect Apple for what they are bringing and know that'll it'll be good for everybody in the long run.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson W910i
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/idiocy/-273835.php

BTW, That was me who posted first

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by maevro
    The best party is the guy with the hat. He knows the phone work with EDGE but tells us that AT&T doesn't support 3G.
    But he called it "The EDGE". I mean, I give him some credit, but it's safe to assume he doesn't know what it is.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson W910i
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/the-pearl...deo-273890.php

Sigh, how horribly pathetic is this? Clapping for people buying a crapPhone? WTF has this world come to??? Geez us. "high five! You're a bigger tool than I am! YAY!"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast