Thread: E61 battery indicator and shuts itself off?

Feedback Score

E61 battery indicator and shuts itself off?

Hey there -

Bought a nokia e61 on ebay a couple of weeks ago - it said it was used for about a month, and I just had a couple of questions about it's performance.

Been reading some posts, and I see where other people are having a problem with the battery indicator. I'm having the same problem - where it shows it's full, and all of a sudden I take a phone call and it flashes "battery low" and turns itself off. Plus, the battery life is nowhere near where it should be (both dual mode and wlan search are off). Is there any way to fix this?

Also, having a problem with the phone shutting itself off on occasion. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it, but every once in a while I'll look at the phone and it will be off. And when I turn it back on, the battery shows almost empty, but if I turn it off and on again it's back to full. It's getting kind of irritating, considering it will do it in the middle of phone calls - and I have to go through the whole process of turning it off and on twice before calling someone back. (And yes, this has happened when I have just charged the battery completely about 15 minutes before, so it is not because the battery is dead)

And yes, I conditioned the battery.

Any help would really be appreciated, I love the phone other than these two hiccups, and I would really like to get it working at 100%!!

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    It may need a new battery

Device(s)
    Nokia.... a bunch of 'em
    Feedback Score
    Is it my imagination?...... seems like most of the posts about frapped fones start out with "I just got this fone from ebay, and......"

Feedback Score
    I am having the exact same problem. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a way to fix it? I'd go and buy a new battery but if it isn't going to fix the problem it's a waste of money. Can anyone offer any insight or solutions?

Thanks,
    Dave

Device(s)
    Nokia N82 Titanium (Finland)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido (Fido-2-Fido!)
    Feedback Score
    try to flash it on nsu.