Page 59 of 179 FirstFirst ... 9 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 109 159 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackjack WM6 update on At&t forums!!!

Feedback Score
    by default bt pan in the registry of the wm6 beta is as a client (wish that would work as well so i could us a bt ap for wifi). Even changing from PANU to NAP didn't help

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

My experiences

Just to let you guys know... I'm having a trouble-free life here with WM6...

Battery Life: The battery life has more than doubled! I used to make it a day with my extended battery, now I can make it through a day with my slim battery, while using 3G all day. I think the key is it doesn't keep the data connection open/active all day. I couldn't put my blackjack near my computer speakers, even when I wasn't using it... the buzz was constant. Now it doesn't make a peep.

Reception: EDGE reception appears to be about the same for me, but it holds onto a 3G signal much better now.

UI: Good god it's like a greased up crack-head running downhill! Not only does WM6 look better menus and opening up windows are instant.

Yeah, the hold-down-a-key-for-the-alt-char trick doesn't work any more... but I didn't even know it was there until I read here that people were complaining it was missing, so I'm not missing much... MobiTV is awesome, and now when you full screen video it actually fills the screen.

The only thing that bugs me is this firmware seems to be missing the certificates for At&t DRM. I can't buy games off Media.Net nor does the Daily Show / Colbert Report show up under Cellular Video... Going to call up CS and see if they can resend me the certs OTA.

No End Button problems, no crashing...

Opera Mobile doesn't seem to like the "Samsung Compact" home screen (the launcher bar messes with the rendering), but that...

Oh, and HTML e-mail and finally being able to get rid of XpressMail: Priceless.

I'm a COR Rep with AT&T and everyone says "Wow, it's actually a usable phone now..." Unfortunately I can't use it as a "demo" anymore until the WM6 update goes final... but hey, such is life on the bleeding edge...

Device(s)
    Iphone 3g 16gb
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Da_G
    the rar file contains the internet sharing files that go into the \windows folder. They are missing from the current WM6 release for the blackjack. Please note that I have not gotten this to work properly in Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64 R2 SP2 (which is my development platform)

If you have Windows Mobile Device Center installed, it already installed the drivers.
    ok i downloaded the files and have windows mobile device with vista but still can't figure out how to get the dial up working with my blackjack.....please help

Device(s)
    iPhone (Silver) Xs Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    (Dual Sim) T-Mobile - Unleash the Data Hounds!!! Xfinity Mobile (Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by luv2hum
    ok i downloaded the files and have windows mobile device with vista but still can't figure out how to get the dial up working with my blackjack.....please help
    If you search you will find... no seriously!
    Hofo Veteran - Magenta Disciple

Device(s)
    Iphone 3g 16gb
    Feedback Score
    oh believe me i have searched and searched but nothing seems to work. i can not get that internet sharing file to open....it keepss giving me the error message...

Feedback Score
    That set of files was something he was sharing based on my request, it doesn't actually work.

Device(s)
    Iphone 3g 16gb
    Feedback Score
    what does that even mean?

Device(s)
    Samsung BlackJack II
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    It doesn't work. No one ever made it work. As clear as that. Those files are extracted from DASH by request and they do not work on the alpha version of WM6 on BlackJack.

Why bother? Official WM6 release is two weeks away and it contains ICS.

Device(s)
    Blackjack
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Yes, it does, and it probably has some new method of detecting if you are using it withoud having the right data plan? The WM6 delay has to have more of a reason besides adding Video Sharing/Call. Its been so delayed, if it comes out on Sept. 17th, there is some reason they waited so long, besides just testing it. WHy not release it as a beta now, this minute! MSN Live, and many others are letting users have access to Beta software all the time. If its in final form now and after 2 to 3 weeks of testers are finding it is stable and "final" then why wait till Sept. 17th. Something is up with that! They want more 3G up? Just release it now via a leak to the forum folkes, make us happy, then put out a press release on the 17th, why wait! Yes it takes time to test it and get it right, but come on, with more of an effort over the past 4 months from May to now, it should have been out already.

Device(s)
    Samsung BlackJack II
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Relax! No carrier ever let user download beta firmwares. It's nothing but asking for troubles. You have liability problems and endless support calls which will cost $$$ for carriers. Companies do this for very good reasons.

Device(s)
    Iphone 3g 16gb
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevad007
    Yes, it does,
    are you reffering to ics working on the beta wm 6? becuaase forever i have been trying, and cannot locate that file, i always get the error message internet_sharing not found etc...
    have you been able to use ics with wm6?
    thanks

Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Tmoble, Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yea I guess it doesn't work. It seems to stay connected when selecting "Media Net" from the "Network Connection", but if you try to use "IMS CINGULAR" it keeps disconnecting.

Either way it doesn't give my PC an IP address. Bummer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKBKqm7v6n4

Free Dedicated Chat on your Nintendo Wii. Instantly find gamers to play with online.

You can find it here.
    Search

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9630 Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon/Google Voice
    Feedback Score
    You ppl are so impatient, the real one is days away!
    My Mobile Life
    RIM BlackBerry 9630 Tour - Verizon Postpaid/T-Mobile To-Go/Google Voice
    Motorola i425 - Boost Mobile

245 Phones Since 1995

www.nvisn.com

Device(s)
    Samsung Blackjack
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T\Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nvisi0n
    You ppl are so impatient, the real one is days away!
    lol, yeah, but all in all it's been fun hacking, wacking, chopping, asking about the beta of WM6..it will be a story told for generations, from father to son, of how brave industrialists sojourned the windows mobile world, to seek out...oh whoops, sorry..er, um...yeah, what he said, just days away.....yeah...
    A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi ~ Enjoy life to the fullest

My WM6 Update and Software Link

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3GS 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    i was bord so i called AT&T asked the date for WM6 they said it is the 17th and will get it on the samsung website

Page 59 of 179 FirstFirst ... 9 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 109 159 ... LastLast