Page 1 of 134 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your pick(s) as the iPhone "killer"?

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Cruise
    Carrier(s)
    planet at&t w/ media max data plan,
    Feedback Score

What is your pick(s) as the iPhone "killer"?

There's a lot of discussion (and banter) on whether or not the iPhone is going to succeed in the market. There is also quite a bit of praise and critisism regarding iPhone's features.

I'm curious to see what other people's opinions are as to what other phones in the market would give the iPhone a run for it's money.

Off the top of my head I see the Nokia N95 as a serious contender with the Quadband GSM and HSDPA capabilities and WiFi on top of it all. Although it doesn't have a touch screen nor the 8GB capacity, the dual-slider looks promising, as does the large screen.

The LG KE850 - Prada Phone is probably not a contender in features, but it does make up for it in the looks and prestige area (not to mention the huge price tag). This is for people who have money to flaunt and don't want another "me too" iPhone. Most people in North America will dismiss it due to the lack of the GSM 850 band however.

Sony Ericsson "Sophia" - Not much word on this phone for Sony as of yet, but I have high hopes for the next incarnation of the Sony Cybershot (5 Megapixel?) Phone.

Although I have my doubts of any of this coming to light, I'm crossing my fingers that the Sophia will have the better walkman music player on it instead of the generic one, an updated or Symbian OS, Quadband GSM and HSDPA (instead of the usual euro/asia tri-band UTMS), and maybe the release of a 4GB or more M2 card, but I guess we will see.
    * iPhone Killer(s)?
    ** Set up most unlocked GSM phones to T-Mobile U.S.A. Over The Air.
    *** Sony Ericsson Product Support (Including OTA Settings) and HERE
    **** Nokia USA OTA Setup

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    If it doesn't have 320 x 480 pixels on a 3.5" screen, it doesn't even keep UP with the iPhone, let alone KILL it.

The only other phone on my short list is the eten X800 (glofiish).

http://www.engadget.com/2007/03/15/e...ut-the-qwerty/

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Cruise
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by IcemanMN
    If it doesn't have 320 x 480 pixels on a 3.5" screen, it doesn't even keep UP with the iPhone, let alone KILL it.

The only other phone on my short list is the eten X800 (glofiish).

http://www.engadget.com/2007/03/15/e...ut-the-qwerty/
    The iPhone's screen both size and resolution definitely raises the bar all around.

The glofish looks great feature wise, I'll have to give it a better look. No mention in the article about the interface. Is is a stylus or direct touch screen?

Feedback Score
    Depends on what you mean by keep up. If you mean doesn't have the same sized screen, then yes. A phone of the traditional form factor has a perfectly fine chance of doing well against the iPhone.

Device(s)
    Current: White I9100
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    It's all subjective. Nothing else has a screen that size because nothing else is touchscreen-only.

I'd pick my HTC Herald over an iPhone, so IMO it's an iPhone killer.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileobsession
    ... I'm curious to see what other people's opinions are as to what other phones in the market would give the iPhone a run for it's money....
    THE HELIO OCEAN
    My phone is smarter than your honor roll student.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    But you need..... Helio! AHAHAHAHAHA! Sorry. Sorry.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Cruise
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by akelley
    The Ocean looks great. I love the dual qwerty/phone-pad slider mechanism. Too bad it's not a GSM phone... =/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileobsession
    The Ocean looks great. I love the dual qwerty/phone-pad slider mechanism. Too bad it's not a GSM phone... =/
    good thing it's not gsm. sprint's cdma evdo network is much faster than anything cingular ever offered me.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by huskyfan23
    But you need..... Helio! AHAHAHAHAHA! Sorry. Sorry.
    Actually I love Helio.

$65 a month gets me:

-unlimited surfing
    -unlimited pic msgs
    -unlimited sms texts
    -unlimited mobile to mobile
    -unlimited video msgs
    -unlimited intant msgs via msn, yahoo, aim, etc
    -unlimited gps
    -unlimited buddy beacon
    -unlimited nights n weekends
    -unlimited myspace mobile
    -500 daytimes

All on a 3G network (soon to be 4G thanks to Sprint).
    I really couldnt ask for more.

Plus, I get The Ocean when it drops this month, with 200 mb internal and UNconstrained microSD size.

I know it sounds like I work for Helio but I do't.

I''m just really satisfied with my carrier (finally).

</rave>

Device(s)
    N85/k850i/iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jgreer
    good thing it's not gsm. sprint's cdma evdo network is much faster than anything cingular ever offered me.
    Guess you're not in an HSDPA area...very fast. Plus with Cingular...if I'm off their home network, I still get my txtmsgs and data...try that on Helio when your are roaming on Verizon. I do think both carriers have their own advantages, as I have both, so don't call me a hater
    kyle

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Hey, if you've gotta be on Myspace 24/7 then I guess it's the right company for you

Device(s)
    Currently: iPhone 3G. Formerly:
    Carrier(s)
    the one with the ampersand
    Feedback Score
    I would not be suprised at all if Verizon gets a version of the Prada Phone (with US bands) as their answer to the iPhone. LG is practically in bed with Verizon anyway (enV, Chocolate, Shine...).

Motorola is bringing the MING to the US (with EDGE!). They might just sell it unlocked, but I think it'd be a nice fit for T-Mobile. It'll be cheaper than the iPhone or Prada Phone, which fits well with T-Mobile's market segment. Although one wonders why Motorola isn't bring over the ROKR E6 instead...

Helio's Ocean is also an option for people who want the Google Maps capabilities and tight app integration of the iPhone, but want to trade multi-touch for a keypad and keyboard. It'll also be cheaper than the iPhone and Prada Phone.
    I've had Virgin Mobile, Helio, and Sprint-branded service. My quest to use all of Sprint's brands continues!!1?

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Cruise
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloRobo
    I would not be suprised at all if Verizon gets a version of the Prada Phone (with US bands) as their answer to the iPhone. LG is practically in bed with Verizon anyway (enV, Chocolate, Shine...).

Motorola is bringing the MING to the US (with EDGE!). They might just sell it unlocked, but I think it'd be a nice fit for T-Mobile. It'll be cheaper than the iPhone or Prada Phone, which fits well with T-Mobile's market segment. Although one wonders why Motorola isn't bring over the ROKR E6 instead...

Helio's Ocean is also an option for people who want the Google Maps capabilities and tight app integration of the iPhone, but want to trade multi-touch for a keypad and keyboard. It'll also be cheaper than the iPhone and Prada Phone.
    I like the ROKR E6 (with the quadband/edge updates of course) over the MING. I don't really like the plastic flip of the MING. The RIZR Z6 looks promising too. They all have the newer Linux OS.

Device(s)
    Iphone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (Formerly known as Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by akelley
    Actually I love Helio.

$65 a month gets me:

-unlimited surfing
    -unlimited pic msgs
    -unlimited sms texts
    -unlimited mobile to mobile
    -unlimited video msgs
    -unlimited intant msgs via msn, yahoo, aim, etc
    -unlimited gps
    -unlimited buddy beacon
    -unlimited nights n weekends
    -unlimited myspace mobile
    -500 daytimes

All on a 3G network (soon to be 4G thanks to Sprint).
    I really couldnt ask for more.

Plus, I get The Ocean when it drops this month, with 200 mb internal and UNconstrained microSD size.

I know it sounds like I work for Helio but I do't.

I''m just really satisfied with my carrier (finally).

</rave>

I have also thought about seriously getting Helio especially with the Ocean coming out, But everyone I talk to about it tells me not to waste my time being the service is mediocre compared to the better knowns like Cing, Verizon etc:

Page 1 of 134 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 101 ... LastLast