Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Jabra BT8010 Heads up!

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

Jabra BT8010 Heads up!

By the way, I have the Jabra BT8010, and it is THE most awesome bluetooth headset ever...Also,the software is not easily locatable for the Control center...You can register your headet here,

http://www.jabra.com/JabraCMS/EM/EN/..._Jabra_BT8010/

and then it will send you a link to your email address with instructions on how to download the application to customize your phonebook in the headset...Just wanted to let everyone know!
    Last edited by Major_Nate; 04-18-2007 at 10:30 PM.

Device(s)
    Artemis
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the tip. They need a good website designer. I went around in circles on it a few times yesterday. I'm sure I'll use your link tomorrow when my bt8010 arrives.

Device(s)
    EVO
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Agreed best headset I have used so far..
    Phone: EVO
    ROM: EVOlution V7 (Froyo)
    RADIO: 1.39.00.05.31

Device(s)
    Note4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    thanks for posting that. Im a regular cruiser of Jabras site so I kinda knew how it works beforehand. I use it for my bt800 and 620s and updates.
    the control center is way cool. Ive got my phonebook full and found out I had the latest firmware without upgrading. its 1.33 for those who want to know.
    I didnt add any new languages. English is hard enough for me as it is.
    best headset/earpiece Ive ever owned http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1144692
    the United States is the land of the FREE because of the BRAVE!! Thank You to all who serve or have served and their families in the United States armed services!! Your sacrifices are NOT in vain may God continue to bless America
    For God so loves YOU, He gave His only Son....John 3:16

Feedback Score
    Thats interesting! 1.33 isn't on the website. I have 1.25. So it looks like a later firmware exists but they didn't update their website!

Device(s)
    Note4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    when I went to update mine via the control center it said" I have the latest version, 1.33,do I want to update anyway?" or something similar.
    it was my understanding that before the last couple of upgrades the thing didnt work on more phones than it did work on and my LG 8600 was oe of them. I read it on another forum while looking for reviews before I bought it. they said dont get it if you have a LG8300 or 8600 but it works fine
    Last edited by iwasthetas; 04-21-2007 at 04:50 PM.

Device(s)
    XV-6800 - Verizon - Work
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Well, after losing my Plantronics 510 , and reading these posts and others, I took the plunge on the 8010 this morning at a local Verizon store.

So far it's living up to all the positives.

However, it seems that the website support for the Control Center software is missing. I followed the registration as outlined by Major_Nate above and no email yet. Of course it's the weekend, but I fiqured this would be an automated email. I noticed that the support page also has the 8010 listed as "Support Coming Soon".... Have they taken it off since some of you have downloaded yours.

Unless it's "really" hidden good as indicated in another message, has anyone got a direct link to the software or URL of the page to download/logon????

Device(s)
    Note4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    it took a while for first my email to show up. I did it again thinking I had flubbed up and evidently I did because the second time I got an email in a few minutes. I had put a O instead of a 0 in the serial number.btw the first one showed up a couple hours later with a error message attached
    the control center actually downloaded to my computer.
    I forgot to mention in my review if you change the headset from right ear to left ear it inverts the music as well as the display. if you wear the main unit in the left ear and have changed it to left ear the left channel of music plays in the left ear. default is right ear so if you leave it like that and put it in your left ear you will hear the right channel in the left ear. confusig? change the display to left ear and it will make more sese when you hear the difference

Device(s)
    XV-6800 - Verizon - Work
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    iwasthetas,

Thanks for the info on the email. I'll try it again as I may have done exactly the same thing

From what you mention on the left/right swap, at least somebodys paying attention to detail...

Listening right now in Stereo with some decent BASS....

Device(s)
    XV-6800 - Verizon - Work
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I guess I'm still jinxed from Friday the 13th last week.... BAD AIRPLANE DAY.

Have not got an email yet, but 'Googled" it and found the URL for the logon page if any one needs it:

http://uswww03.gnnetcom.com/Myjabra/Login.aspx?

Apparently my registration isn't/hasn't been accepted yet...

Oh well, still listening to the music. Everyone have a good evening!

Device(s)
    Note4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    have you tried entering your email and password you created on that page? I accessed mine before I got the email.
    the control center is very nice for adding a phonebook but if need to update your firmware you can do that without the center on their website.
    go to settings, scoll all the way down to "about", access it and it will tell you the version you have. 1-33-0 is the latest.
    another nice thing about registering it is if anything goes wrong Jabra already has info on your unit and by getting it at Verizon if you lose your reciept they can and will give you a new one for warranty purposes. Ive had to use this method before with my bt220
    johnstatt, the website also still says the 8010 is "coming soon"
    Last edited by iwasthetas; 04-22-2007 at 09:55 AM.

Device(s)
    XV-6800 - Verizon - Work
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    As of the post last night it would not take my logon. Had to work today and tried it again just now and it finally let me in.

No emails as of yet either so I guess they are having some "undocumented features" (as I call them) making their website even more exciting for their customers....

The unit I have was also at v1.33. Looks like the firmware on the website may still be an older version by file name??? The phonebook feature is what I was wanting to play with anyway with the software.

Used the unit most all day in the office alternating music and calls and worked great. I have a Plantronics 590A headphone set for using to listening to music at home. That would/does draw to much attention at work however. With the 8010, I can always use the main part for music and sneak the stereo attachment on when the "right" crowd isn't around

Anyway, thanks again to all for the help. I think this one is a keeper...

Feedback Score
    Ok...so I found the US site has the latest firmware but the European site does not. Updated mine now.

Device(s)
    EVO
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Whats the link for the latest software?

Couldnt find it myself..

Device(s)
    IPhone 4 32GB, Moto BackFlip
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Wireless (again)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    hey guys...i took a stab at it....here is the direct link to the latest firmware.

http://uswww03.gnnetcom.com/myjabra/...ony-1-33-0.dfu

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast