Page 41 of 68 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official RAZR maxx Ve Thread

Device(s)
    krzr, razr, slvrL7c, lg8300
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Best to get a screen protector and really good case to prevent damage to the phone if you drop it.
    ibook 12inch, 15gig ipod 3rd gen, 30 gig 5th gen ipod

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 4 & HTC Thunderbolt
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think getting an Invisible Shield would be the best idea, it's better to be safe.

Feedback Score

discount

just to let you guys know because i haven't seen it yet... i got my maxx for $249.99 - $80 government employee discount + $28.67 tax - $50 rebate= $148.66 without NE2 (only an upgrade). i put in my university of california email address in their government employee offer page here

https://b2b.verizonwireless.com/tbmb...ee%20Discounts

i don't believe the maxx is up on their GED site yet to order online, but i called the order in and they were able to include the discount... hope this might help some people out
    Last edited by matt327; 04-28-2007 at 01:55 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by matt327
    just to let you guys know because i haven't seen it yet... i got my maxx for $249.99 - $80 government employee discount + $28.67 tax - $50 rebate= $148.66. rebate from verizon without NE2 (only an upgrade). i put in my university of california email address in their government employee offer page here

https://b2b.verizonwireless.com/tbmb...ee%20Discounts

i don't believe the maxx is up on their GED site yet to order online, but i called the order in and they were able to include the discount... hope this might help some people out
    It still is not listed for Federal Employee discount in zip code 85001.

Device(s)
    Maxx VE
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Maxx Questions that I can not figure out for the life of me

I dont know why but for some reason I can not figure these out. I also can not believe that these are NOT features... So I ask for your help.

1) How do you set a certain number as a default for a person? (ex. my girlfriend has 3 numbers, I want her mobile to be default. Even though I dialed her mobile 7 times it still shows me her email address and I have to select the mobile to call her)

2) How do I make iTap the default entry mode? Everytime I go to text I have to switch it to iTap! I can not find it for the life of me!

Thanks in advance
    Join the Photography and Modeling Banner Exchange - www.photobannerx.com

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I would assign a different name for each of the phone numbers, e.g. 1 GF, 2 GF, 3 GF. That way, each number has a unique name that you can go by.

Message-->Settings-->All Msg-->Entry Mode.
    A phone is only as smart as its operator.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Pearl 8130
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vonedaddy
    I dont know why but for some reason I can not figure these out. I also can not believe that these are NOT features... So I ask for your help.

1) How do you set a certain number as a default for a person? (ex. my girlfriend has 3 numbers, I want her mobile to be default. Even though I dialed her mobile 7 times it still shows me her email address and I have to select the mobile to call her)

2) How do I make iTap the default entry mode? Everytime I go to text I have to switch it to iTap! I can not find it for the life of me!

Thanks in advance
    1) Pull up the contact you're trying to edit, choose edit, scroll to the number you wish to set as default, hit the "options" softkey then choose "set as default". That works on all the other VZW-UI phones, so I assume it works for this one.

2)dude above me already answered that.

Hope that helped!

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    RingPlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grnamin
    I would assign a different name for each of the phone numbers, e.g. 1 GF, 2 GF, 3 GF. That way, each number has a unique name that you can go by.
    Oy, bad solution. The phone can do what the OP wants... no need for trickery. When you're editing a contact, after you've entered the number highlight it, and do a left softkey (Options) There's a... what do you know... Set as Default option
    PM rules: search first, and ask in the threads for help before you resort to one.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Thanks. I didn't know about the default option. I learn something new everyday.

Device(s)
    LG Chocolate 3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I have 2 questions about this phone that I can't find for the life of me....

1) How do you enter quick text on this phone...I set it up but when texting I can't use it?!?

2) When you push the camera button the left/right directional zooms in and out and I can see the resolutino is 1600x1200 but how do I turn the flash on and access the upper menu above "pictures / take / contacts" The upper menu appears to have a flash sign and zoom and resolution and camera? I went to option and played w/ all the flash settings etc but can't get it to turn on.....I also do not know how to get the auto focus to work....seems everything is out of focus when I snap shots........I read there is a way to hold the button in halfway and then push fully? Idk but I can't get that to work either....

Thanks for the help.

Device(s)
    LG 9900, 8700, Moto E815 (Backup)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 6100 user
    I have 2 questions about this phone that I can't find for the life of me....

1) How do you enter quick text on this phone...I set it up but when texting I can't use it?!?

2) When you push the camera button the left/right directional zooms in and out and I can see the resolutino is 1600x1200 but how do I turn the flash on and access the upper menu above "pictures / take / contacts" The upper menu appears to have a flash sign and zoom and resolution and camera? I went to option and played w/ all the flash settings etc but can't get it to turn on.....I also do not know how to get the auto focus to work....seems everything is out of focus when I snap shots........I read there is a way to hold the button in halfway and then push fully? Idk but I can't get that to work either....

Thanks for the help.
    2. the crosshair button above all that... the button on the part of the phone that flips. push halfway for flash and focus. all the way to take pic.

Feedback Score
    Does anyone know how to turn of the reminder beep when you get a miss call on the Maxx? I can find it in the settings... Unless they got rid of it!!!!!!!

Feedback Score
    ive search the manual for a way to only have the phone ring through the bluetooth head set when using. right now even when using hs-850, the phone as well as the head set rings when receiving a call. anyone know how eliminate the phone ring?
    thanks

Device(s)
    LG Chocolate 3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nathansamson
    2. the crosshair button above all that... the button on the part of the phone that flips. push halfway for flash and focus. all the way to take pic.
    Holy ***** - I didn't know that was a button. Thanks!

Maybe someone will know about the quick text.

On a side note I bought this phone on the 24th in the store and already cut the box and sent in the rebate....Can I still return this bad boy?
    Last edited by 6100 user; 04-29-2007 at 02:51 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon (now)
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6100 user
    Holy ***** - I didn't know that was a button. Thanks!

Maybe someone will know about the quick text.

On a side note I bought this phone on the 24th in the store and already cut the box and sent in the rebate....Can I still return this bad boy?
    You can't return the phone, BUT the phone is still under its one year warranty, so you could bring the phone in for a replacement and they will more than likely give you a new one but use the old battery. As far as I know, there aren't any refurbished units available yet.

Page 41 of 68 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast