Thread: Samsung u620 Bugs/Fixes/Issues

Device(s)
    Moto MB810 Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by unioncorps
    i'm leaning toward getting this phone.
    Why? Have you not heard of the Moto Z6tv?
    A little obsessive...

Device(s)
    samsung u620
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Does the new firmware fix the music player annoyance of not being able to do other things on the phone? Also, does it change it to be able to add words to the dictionary?

Thanks

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    No you cannot access other features and no you cannot add words to the dictionary (the most annoying thing about the phone).

To my knowledge, the update was only released to address certain bugs.
    e.g. the calender 1896 appointment bug

Device(s)
    samsung u620
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    well i did my flash and have a terrible self-echo now. here comes the fru.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gowirelesswes
    well i did my flash and have a terrible self-echo now. here comes the fru.
    damn is it that bad? again, i'm still debating on whether or not to get this phone... but when i get it new i'm assuming that the firmware should be the AE25 one already.

does anyone seem to have any problems with the AE25 firmware? i'm seeing mixed reviews. people have been saying the call and talk quality are crystal clear whereas other people say it's muffled.

Device(s)
    Samsung SCH-u620
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I updated to AE25 due to the calendar problem and random resets...

With AE25 I do not have the calendar problem anymore, but still continue to get random resets. Also, call quality has gone DOWN with the new AE25. Echo and tin-can type sound on 9 out of 10 calls (it is probably every call but I just ignore it at least one of the ten lol). Signal seems about the same no difference for me, still the same in fringe areas that I've always had issues.

It is kind of a bummer, this phone had great call quality and clarity and non tin-can sound or echo with the original software, but I had to upgrade due to the annoying calendar issue, kind of offset issues here but whatta ya do.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    all the refurbished phones have the new software

Device(s)
    Moto MB810 Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by unioncorps
    damn is it that bad? again, i'm still debating on whether or not to get this phone...
    Seriously, if you don't have the u620 already, the z6tv is a very nice phone with good RF and good audio quality.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I have had this phone since July 26, and its been a good phone. I had the software update which took away the calendar issue. The only problem I have ever had is that occasionally it doesn't wake up when hitting ok. I slide it open and its fine. I just don't get it, so many complaints on here, and I really like the phone.
    I did look at the Motorizr today, though, and its a nice looking phone. I would definitely be considering it as a contender if I was choosing now. It is bigger, though, and I like the small size of my u620.

Device(s)
    VX 8700
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    My GF has this phone and is experiencing the same issues you all are (Calendar, random power-off, text cutoff). I've read through the thread and while the new FW flash seem to fix some of these problems, it seems to add new ones.

What I'm wondering is how many of you are experiencing the "tin-can sound" issue. Is it as bad as it sounds? Maybe the late night wake-ups every once in a while are worth not having the sound quality suffer...

Device(s)
    Samsung u620
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Anyone notice that the file viewer menu has a spelling error? If you have a .doc file loaded to view and click options, the menu says horizental...

Device(s)
    VX9400
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Issue # 3 is like a Feature, So when you are in a quiet Place (e.g. Movies, Starbucks, Verizon store...) it allows you to quiet the ringer before it desturbs everybody. It only does it on medium high and High as far as i know. just a FYI

Smalls23

You know you want it!?
    You know I got it!?

Feedback Score
    I tried a 4gb card in my u620 with no luck at all. My 2gb card works fine though.
    So I guess 2gb is the limit.
    Will

Device(s)
    E815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Has anyone heard of a fix for the ridiculously slow menu's on the 620?

It just now, took my phone 4 seconds, to go from my contacts list to my home screen after pressing clear.

That is absurd.. My Kyocera KX2 did everything so much faster than this thing... I'm going to take it back to Verizon if I can't fix these menus.

Feedback Score
    I've got a samsung 1896 had it for a number of years without any problems, then suddenly yesterday, everything started to sound gargly, like its underwater, the phone has not even come close to any water or gotten wet, at first I thought it may be the speaker, then I plugged in my headphones and it still sounds the same, any suggestions, or do I have to replace my phone

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7