Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Samsung u620 Bugs/Fixes/Issues

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wdoran
    Besides getting a new phone, has anyone had any luck getting the 1896 calendar bug fixed? I exchanged my phone once already, and the new phone still has the bug. I really like the phone, and would like to get this worked out before my trial period is up. I can't deal with this little wake up call every night for the next two years!

Thanks for any insight.
    seems like samsung has deaded support for this phone. a bad move if you ask me, as its a new TV phone, expensive, and its filled with bugs that samsung has failed to address. the font is also tiny when using get it now, shame since the screen is big and bright....

I guess we can file this under company that failed to support its products.

Device(s)
    SCH-U620
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    has anyone confirmed that samsung has dropped support for the phone?

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AL KA-Phone
    seems like samsung has deaded support for this phone. a bad move if you ask me, as its a new TV phone, expensive, and its filled with bugs that samsung has failed to address. the font is also tiny when using get it now, shame since the screen is big and bright....

I guess we can file this under company that failed to support its products.
    Seems like.. and actually did are two different things.

The phone has been out a few months, was not widely available when it was released (VZW Customer Council sent me mine april 25, yet the local stores did NOT have it yet), etc...

Give it some time...

Also, don't forget.. any "bug fixes" may be waiting on VERIZON, Not Samsung, to get fixed...
    Verizon Wireless Customer Council Member
    Verizon PHONE Hacking Info & How To's click -> HERE, <-- If you have suggestions PM me
    Need Help? PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS instead of PM'ing me!!
    Read -> An Open Letter to those who PM me for help!

New to forums? -> Posting and you! <-a MUST Watch for all!!

Equipment I Have/USE click here, Phone Labs Dock-N-Talk...

Device(s)
    LG VX 8600
    Carrier(s)
    VERIZON
    Feedback Score
    I Got The Dreaded 12:30 Am Jan 1896 Calendar Appointment I Thought I Was Crazy Also Have The Ringtones That I Made Starting Off Soft

Device(s)
    LG VX 8600
    Carrier(s)
    VERIZON
    Feedback Score

Jan 1896

I Have Had The 12 Am Calendar Of Jan1896 Took My Phone In Today And The Cust. Service Said They Knew Nothing Of This Issue But They Gave Me A Brand New Phone Still Ver. 14 Of Software So I Will See If This Happens Tonight.

Device(s)
    Samsung S5 android, ATT Netgear Explote 815S,
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon wireless and AT&T
    Feedback Score
    the soft start ringer, is in all u620's

the font is verizon UI, not sammy

the display is 320*240, same as an enV but it is physicaly smaller putting more pixels in a smaller space. the detail is sharp, but harder to see

by comparison the Q has a much bigger display, larger than even the enV , but it the same 320*240 res, same number pixels but they are larger, so the font is much easier too read, it has about 40% more display area than a u620 ( size guesstimate ) so the pixels are 40% bigger.
    TheMopedwhiz aka TheeWizard,

Feedback Score

I got a total of 3 new phones, each of them showed the same problem. Customer Service gave me the same line - "we've never heard of this problem." The good news is that I after about a week, the third phone magically fixed it's bug, and I haven't had the reminder go off in almost 2 weeks. Hopefully it's gone for good, because I really like this phone. Just to play it safe, I've been leaving my phone in "no sounds" mode every night.

Device(s)
    SCH-U620
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    must be a roll of the dice, because my phone doesn't have the problem.

Device(s)
    LG enV/8330
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by desvr6
    must be a roll of the dice, because my phone doesn't have the problem.
    Have you used the calendar? I had this problem when I first got the phone, and it only recently came back for a few days after I used the calendar.

Has anybody been having issues with the phone freezing or lagging? Is there anything I can do?

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9530
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Just got a replacement phone and it has a new firmware on it.

V.U620.AE25

Feedback Score
    Is there any way i can take my phone in and swap it for a completely different model. Im getting sick of this calender issue and bad reception. Ive already had 3 of them. Should i go to the store or call CS? I just want to get rid of the u620

Device(s)
    Moto MB810 Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grinderr392
    Is there any way i can take my phone in and swap it for a completely different model. Im getting sick of this calender issue and bad reception. Ive already had 3 of them. Should i go to the store or call CS? I just want to get rid of the u620
    The Moto z6tv slider gets "officially" released Oct. 5th. Some HoFo members have already received the phone through online ordering.

Initial impressions seem to be quite positive, especially as far as build quality/materials, RF performance, and UI look/speed goes.
    A little obsessive...

Feedback Score

check this out - u620 calendar issue

so my wife is on her 4th u620 b/c that annoying calendar issue. we tried to call verizon to exchange her phone for a different one. since its been over 30 days, we can only swap it to a different phone under their warranty program, which means only a phone with the same features.. and the only other phone with TV is the LG9400 (?).. but we dont want that phone.

supervisor said they wont swap it for a phone with less features which doesnt make sense to me.. so I told them we'll just keep exchanging the u620 for a new u620 every time this calendar issue comes back..

how do you check the firmware.. maybe this new one has the new firmware?

Device(s)
    Moto MB810 Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gary2yuk
    so my wife is on her 4th u620 b/c that annoying calendar issue. we tried to call verizon to exchange her phone for a different one. since its been over 30 days, we can only swap it to a different phone under their warranty program, which means only a phone with the same features.. and the only other phone with TV is the LG9400 (?).. but we dont want that phone.

supervisor said they wont swap it for a phone with less features which doesnt make sense to me.. so I told them we'll just keep exchanging the u620 for a new u620 every time this calendar issue comes back..

Ask them if they would swap the z6tv slider coming out "officially" this Friday the 5th for the u620.

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gary2yuk
    Menu -> Settings & Tools -> Phone Info -> SW Version.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast