Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Mini W610i Review

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Curve 8310
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Spleen

So I've had a few days to play with it and thought I do a mini review/comparison to my w810:

1st impression..very nice/ high-quality material. Looks and feels very high-end. Front is glossy-like and kinda prone to fingerprints/smudges.

The earpice volume is much louder than w810 and the ring volume is extremely loud.

meunus/UI is very similar to the w810 with a few minor differences.

Reception and sound quality is excellent. Better than w810 IMO.

Much thinner, very pocket friendly than the w810. I like to put my fons in my pocket and this one feels very nice....no bulge!

Charging port is on the left-side instead of the bottom. I'd prefer the bottom b/c it tends to get in the way when I talk and charge at the same time.

The keypad buttons are very small and it took a little getting used to. I can see big finger-people having a hard time w/ it.

The D-pad and adjacent nav/soft-key buttons are very unusual. The raised thin ridges (u can see it in the pic) felt weird at first but only took me a couple days to get used to. I acutally like it...really makes it easy to press/navigate without having to look down at it.

menus and images seems bigger as compared to w810. I really noticed this when using Google Maps for traffic.

Battery seem on par w/ w810...haven't noticed any problems.

Walkman 2.0 kicks A$$!!

Took a few pics but can't really tell if it's better or worse than w810. Really depends on ambient lighting conditions I think.

U can set up to 5-alarms...each with the option for recurrent.
    Great review!! I liked it so much, that I just ordered one of these phones; can't wait to get it!!

Do you by chance know of any place to get pre-cut screen protectors for the W610i? Also, I really like the "orange" W810i you have in your siggy; do they sell them that way, or is that one you custom made with different housing? Do they make the clear hard cases like that for the W610i?

Thanks!

Device(s)
    Sonim XP3 Quest
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (I HATE Sprint!)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rocktherey
    How is the MMS on it? Do pictures that are being sent to you get re-sized? I've read that it is a problem with phones cingular doesn't recognize.
    MMS working just fine....installed the settings via SE's site.

Device(s)
    Sonim XP3 Quest
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (I HATE Sprint!)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloom
    Great review!! I liked it so much, that I just ordered one of these phones; can't wait to get it!!

Do you by chance know of any place to get pre-cut screen protectors for the W610i? Also, I really like the "orange" W810i you have in your siggy; do they sell them that way, or is that one you custom made with different housing? Do they make the clear hard cases like that for the W610i?

Thanks!
    I haven't found any cases or screen protcrs for W610 yet...I imagine there won't be available until some major carrier start selling the w610. There are some generic ones that you can cut-to-fit but my general experience w/ them has been sub-par.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    can you watch videos in full screen (landscape)?

Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    I'm seriously thinking of upgrading to the w610i, whats some pros and cons of walk 2.0? What headphones did the w610i come with? Like the hpm-70?

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkentiger56
    I'm seriously thinking of upgrading to the w610i, whats some pros and cons of walk 2.0? What headphones did the w610i come with? Like the hpm-70?
    I don't think the headphones that come with the w610i are as good as the ones the ones that come with the w880i. Walkman 2.0 is amazing and the reason i also have a w610i coming soon . Plus i love how slim the phone is.

Just noticed that you had a 4gb duo. The highest m2 card is a 2gb which may be a deal breaker for you right now.

Not all phones are created equal

My Feedback

E66 Review

Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    ^Ya I know. So I'm just going to stick with my w810i until a 4 gig comes out. Whats some major upgrade or improvements for walkman 2.0?

Feedback Score
    For beginners, Albums would sort correctly, via ID3 ascending by track # as opposed to by title.

At least that was my beef with the W810. K790 surprisingly does it "correctly" with its Music player.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yo Spleen, or anyone else for that matter, what kind of headphones are you using? Have you noticed any kind of software glitches in walkman 2.0 or anywhere else for that matter? Seriously thinking about upgrading to this phone. I can wait for the 4gb m2, no big deal I guess!!
    my feedback

sworn to fun, loyal to none...

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    I've noticed pauses during listening to music with my HBH-D970, but I think it may have to do with the fact that a lot of my songs are encoded at different bit rates and Music Player 2.0 has problems playing them. Will have to try the same songs in my W850 to see it suffers from the same fate.

Feedback Score
    Does w610 has internal radio? i thought that icon under walkman means that it hasnt radio? what does it actually do?
    thank you
    Last edited by AngeloDeon; 04-22-2007 at 05:08 AM.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson K550i
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    The icon under the player is the "TrackID" icon. It records a few seconds of music (like from the radio, or you singing in the shower), sends the sample over to Gracenote, and tries to figure out which song it is.

The radio is hidden under the "Entertainment" icon now.
    Das Reh spring hoch.
    Das Reh spring weit.
    Was soll es tun ?
    Es hat ja Zeit.

Device(s)
    Iphone 4s
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Spleen
    MMS working just fine....installed the settings via SE's site.
    he meant do the pics get resized... like if some sends you a 640x480 image does it get resized to 160x120... i would assume yes because att or t-mobile is not going to reconize a w610... and every phone se phone i've used has done this w/ the exception of w810 on cingular(ofcourse) and k750 on
    t-mobile that was a surprise...i would get this phone if it wasn't a tfd screen i dont like em compared to tft

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by datkidpatrick
    he meant do the pics get resized... like if some sends you a 640x480 image does it get resized to 160x120... i would assume yes because att or t-mobile is not going to reconize a w610... and every phone se phone i've used has done this w/ the exception of w810 on cingular(ofcourse) and k750 on
    t-mobile that was a surprise...i would get this phone if it wasn't a tfd screen i dont like em compared to tft
    Yeah my K750i didnt resize on T-mobile, but it does with the K790a. Funny thing is that if you send to T-mobilepics album (#222) then there is no resizing, but send to other ppl or even my own phone and it gets resized. makes no sense really.

Device(s)
    Tmobile BB 9700
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    does the reception drop out when text messaging or holding the bottom part of the phone? i had the k550, but sold it because the reception would drop out whenever i held the phone from the bottom for text messaging or talking, especially in the parking garage at work. my w810 would have strong reception in the same place, so no problems w/ texting or calls. i like the look of this phone, but if it suffers from the same thing then i'll just pass...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast