Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Official LG Prada (KE850) Thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sveinbein
    I have a problem with the mobile sync program. The program cant find the phone and i know it is attached to the pc. (I can transfer files to it).
    Make sure you switch the phone to data mode instead of mass storage mode before syncing. That worked for me.

When i tried the mp3 player for the first time to day i notised a big dissapointment. I cant writhe messages or do anything else when listening to music.
    The dedicated MP3 button on the right side of the phone switches to the player and back to whatever other tasks youre doing. Just dont hit the "back" button and the application wont close.

My phone only came with a french user manual so i hope someone can help me here . If someone have link to a english usermanual i would be wery happy (or a norwegian one would be even better)
    I'd love to know this too since I can't speak French either

Quote Originally Posted by mrc00l88
    Does the prada phone work in the United States. I have read some places that it doesnt. Also, is there anyway to enable Quadband?? Thanks
    I'm using T-mobile in Chicago/Chicagoland Suburbs and phone as well as data through wap.voicestream.com has been working 100%

Device(s)
    LG Prada
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

Had it two days

I have had the LG Prada going on three days now, I have visited this site for a long time, but have never registered until I got this phone. I have had many luxury phones, and am currently using the O2 Atom Exec (for business email, etc) and a LG Chocolate. Cingular and Verizon respectivly. Im in NC and Cingular is mostly 850, and the Prada is 900. Here is what I have to say about this phone:

TIGHT!!! This phone is awsome, it looks good, responds well, designed well, and functions well. The touchpad is very responsive, but I find that it is a bit off becuase I have to press above the key slightly. There is no touchpad settings.

The ringtones, MP3 Volume and speaker volume for calls is great.
    The screen is bright and attractive, wallpapers with high res look fantastic.

The phone retains battery power, however I have only had it two days.

The case it comes with fits very snug, and looks good.

The calender and PIM functions are very simple, but can be PC synced with Outlook. Nothing fancy, so if you need to set a schedual you better find another way.

The contacts are easy to pull up once you get used to its OS

The bottom line: The phone looks and feels extrodinary. Better then any of the high-end phones, plus no buttons just makes it look so good. The functionsing of the phone is very basic, but the phone is for show, not for functionallity.

If you buy this phone, but it to show off, that is it. I will say this, I look good doing it.

I have gone throught the details of the phone in depth, and will try to post each one of its functions in detail after a couple of days.

The PC Sync software worked for me by the way, just installed it, and rebooted, select the proper COM port, on my laptop it is com 10.

Feedback Score
    Thank you for very good answers stefanot
    I have one more question. How can i easy turn on the loudspeaker during a phone call.

Feedback Score
    The speakerphone took me a while to find since it's a little bit hidden. When on a phone call press the lock button on the right side and the option will come up. Press the button with the speaker (middle button) and it'll go into speakerphone mode. Hope that helps.

Device(s)
    Bang&Olufsen SERENE
    Feedback Score
    Hi!

I’m getting mine on Monday :-)

One quick question; does it work together with Mac?

Device(s)
    Motorola Dolce And Gabbanna 2nd ED
    Carrier(s)
    02 UK
    Feedback Score

Thumbs up Ke850

Hi Carl-Henrik,
    I'm not sure if it will work with the mac (in data mode) as the software is .exe and not .dmg However you can transfer multimedia content freely with the phone being on 'Mass Storage Device'

Dr.
    'The Musician'

Device(s)
    nokia 8210,ericsson T100
    Feedback Score
    can someone confirm if it has a2dp?

Feedback Score
    hi all,

anybody got a clue for this regarding the qwerty keypad on the prada phone screen:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1143629

Device(s)
    Motorola Dolce And Gabbanna 2nd ED
    Carrier(s)
    02 UK
    Feedback Score

Thumbs up

Law123,

The KE850 doesn't support qwerty typing, it's all the same keyboard layout (2=abc 3=def 4=ghi etc etc)

Bronco,
    The prada is capable with A2dp, 100% works fine with my motorola HT820 and the bluetooth audio adaptor.

Dr.

Feedback Score

Exclamation

Is there a way to enable quadband

Device(s)
    HTC Hero
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mob
    Feedback Score
    I converted films at full res 400x240 1000 (!) kbps 3gp (h263 and mp4 work) and they play back full screen perfectly, this is the best phone I have had for video, and thats coming from an e61 (using imtoo converter)

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Diamond, Motorola ROKR E6, Motorola RIZR Z3 Red
    Feedback Score
    wow loving the posts, i sell this phones and all the questions i need i just come here, way to go
    Our Contact -
    Popular Electronics
    2455 W. Devon Ave.
    Chicago, Illinois 60659
    Tel - (773) 338-5460
    Fax - (773) 338-5467
    http://www.popularelect.com
    [email protected]

Connect with Us:
    Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/Popularelect
    Twitter - https://twitter.com/Popularelect
    Google + - https://plus.google.com/116496507693184330943/posts
    YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/Popularelectronics

Our showroom is open all 7 days a week from 10:30AM - 7:00PM CST.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    I will be getting 5 of these phones in hopefully by this week. If anyone is interested, i will be posting them on ebay. Just let me know in advance.

EBAY USER NAME: gizmos_and_gadgets_634

Feedback Score
    Just an FYI for everyone on apps that work on this phone:

GMail - Installs perfectly fine but cannot retreive mail correctly. Displays a message about invalid certificates for the server.

Google Maps - Works 100% and looks damn good on the screen.

Opera Mini - I have the low memory version installed and its a lot better than the default browser.

I'll post more working apps as i find out.

Quick question for anyone that knows. Has anyone been able to auto retreive their pop mail on this device? I have to manually retreive the mail right now which is a little annoying and I really dont want to download a 3rd party email app for something so basic.

Device(s)
    G1 + N800 (open source tag team)
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mrc00l88
    Is there a way to enable quadband
    as of now, no. Don't buy the phone hoping to enable quadband. Check your carrier to see if your area is a 1900 area and if so, you should be fine with using the phone on your provider.
    2000th post dedicated to the best phone ever - The Sidekick

Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast