Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultimate guide to tethering & MetroPCS MSL (subsidy code/unlock phone) calculator

Feedback Score
    hey hopesomeone can help!! my esn is 2004757796. I got the online calculator to work like 2 months ago but it is down now! Can someone give me my unlock code and explain which cell you put the esn in to get the calculation?

Device(s)
    Nokia 6265i
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score

Lightbulb Xphilez.com MetroPCS USB/BlueTooth Net Over PC Guide

I have created the Xphilez.com MetroPCS USB/BlueTooth Net Over PC Guide, which is an all-in-one easy to read and follow guide for getting your phone working on the MetroPCS network or any dial-up networking ISP for that matter!

Xphilez.com MetroPCS USB/BlueTooth Net Over PC Guide

Enjoy,

FifthE1ement
    MetroPCS Forum including service tips, tricks, and guides found at Xphilez.com (mobiles section).

Nokia 6265i Guide can be found at Xphilez.com!

MetroPCS MSL (Subsidy Code/Unlock Phone) Calculator, Download, and Detailed Guide!

Device(s)
    METRO R810 MODDED TO STRAIGHT TALK
    Carrier(s)
    GOOD BYE ALLTEL......WE'VE CLOSED THE STORE FOR BUSINESS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vpllover
    hey hopesomeone can help!! my esn is 2004757796. I got the online calculator to work like 2 months ago but it is down now! Can someone give me my unlock code and explain which cell you put the esn in to get the calculation?

what is the esn hex I can help but I have to have the esn in hex form??
    Now Testing STRAIGHT TALK... How sweet

Device(s)
    Nokia 6265i
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score

Lightbulb

I have also made another easy to read guide for MetroPCS MSL Code unlocking. You can find it at the link below and it will explain just how to get into the special features of your phone.

Xphilez MetroPCS MSL (Subsidy Code/Unlock Phone) Calculator

Enjoy,

FifthE1ement

Feedback Score
    Hey guys,

Thanks for all of your hard work and sharing of info. You guys are awesome.

I have a Nokia 2865i in Atlanta that I'm trying to tether to my laptop via a usb CA-53 cable. I have my equipment set as follows:

Phone settings:
    Server addr. =
    Server 1 =
    IP address1 = 010.222.000.066
    Port 3128
    IP address2 = 000.000.000.000
    Port 00
    Server 2 =
    IP address1 = 010.222.000.066
    Port 3128
    IP address2 = 000.000.000.000
    Port 00

Notebook Dialer settings:
    Nokia 2865i Modem
    ISP Name: MetroPCS
    Phone Number: #777
    Username: 770#######@mymetropcs.com
    password: mymetropcs

Notebook drivers installed for Nokia 2865i Modem
    Nokia Modem Init String: +crm=1;+cso=33

Internet Explorer settings:
    Proxy server: wap.metropcs.net
    Port 3128

I currently do not have Metroweb as part of my metropcs plan and I'm unable to view a webpage. I tried aim, paypal, msn, etc.. My phone links up, logs on with successful username and password, and I get a connection at 460kps, but whenever I go to any website on my browser I get a nicely typed out message across the top of my browser window that says:

Error: Requested content 'msn.com/' cannot be accessed. You do not have access to the site.

Do I have to have MetroWeb as part of my phone service for the data connection to be successful?

When I close my browser and log off, my phone says: "Data call ended"

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mike4rc

Device(s)
    Razr v3m
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score

Thumbs up 1Up The Man

Last I checked, port 443 to any destination is wide open, so you should be able to access https sites directly, try https://gmail.com etc. If that works then you could set up a socks proxy on port 443 somewhere and route your client computer to use that remote proxy.
    You only need to use their 3128 proxy if you actually paid for metroweb.

Also, AIM allows you to connect to their servers directly on port 443, without a proxy.

Feedback Score

Samsung a870 Metro web connecting problems

Hey everyone!

I want to thank the people who have laid out all the steps to connect a Metro phone to a laptop!!! However, they are all for Nokia, and the like, phones. I have the Samsung 870 and my phone will dial and connect (not long enough to bring up a web page on my computer) and then after a minute or so... it'll disconnect and then redial, stay connected for another 30sec-1min and disconnect and redial.... this goes on. In the mean time, nothing will load on my laptop web browser. Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong? Also, I've checked all over on my phone and I can't find any place to add any "code" or change any of the internet options.

Peace,

Jen

Feedback Score
    Thanks Osirisx11,

That worked!!! You mentioned I could:

"set up a socks proxy on port 443 somewhere and route your client computer to use that remote proxy"

I'm absolutely green as to a socks proxy, but Google helped out a bit. From what I read, what I think you are saying is I might be able to link up from my laptop on port 443 of my modem/phone via the internet to another computer that hosts the socks proxy on port 443 (receiving end) to relay me onto the whole internet, unrestricting my access from just https. (The socks proxy accomplishes this and is located on the remote computer/server...I think)

My lingo may be off, but is that correct? If not, could you straighten me out on the bits and pieces that are wrong?

By the way, thanks a bunch for your previous post. Seeing it working helped a great deal.

Cheers,
    Mike4rc

Feedback Score

On Line and surfing

Yo,

I Just thought I'd mention that all of the settings on my post #65 worked for my Nokia 2865i in the Atlanta area and I'm getting unlimited access. I just had to get MetroWeb service on my phone to enable the port. I think it's worth paying the extra $5 per month on my phone plan.

Thanks again

Mike4rc

Feedback Score
    Hey Metro Guys- I have a question

what happens when you get a call while tethering? Does it give the caller busy signal, go to voicemail or does it let u know there is a call coming?

thanks

Device(s)
    T-Mobile G1
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Here's my questions:

1) What do I need the MSL for? Do I need it to enable the DUN capabilities of the phone? The guide at the start of this page doesn't really make it clear

2) I downloaded the excel MSL calculator. I tested it by entering an 11 digit number into cell B2. Nothing happened. I thought about entering something into cell B3, but cell B3 has code in it, and I don't want to destroy/over-write that code ... what is it I'm supposed to do here? (I don't own anything with windows on it, so I can't use an exe version ... a perl version or even a cgi form on a web page would be nice...)

3) I'm contemplating starting MetroPCS service to use it for my Nokia N800. The service I'm looking at is the $35 plan + Freedom Package + MetroWeb + Metro Guard. I'm leaning toward the Nokia 2865. Anyone have any particular thoughts about pros and cons here?

4) Does anyone know if the Nokia 2865 has a wired headset jack (for some reason, I'd rather use that than a bluetooth one)? I know there are probably other, better, places to ask that one, but I saw at least one person here is using that phone...

Device(s)
    T-Mobile G1
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I've also been considering the Motorola V3a, except that it's a bit more expensive ... and the Kyocera Strobe, except that from things posted here it sounds like maybe it doesn't work (maybe the person didn't have MetroWeb enabled? or didn't do whatever you need to with MSL?)

Device(s)
    T-Mobile G1
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Oh, one last question:

Has anyone who has been doing this been contacted by MetroPCS for abusing their internet access, misusing their phone, etc.?

Device(s)
    i860
    Carrier(s)
    nextel
    Feedback Score

razr help please

hi all this may be in the wrong place but i need some serious help i flashed my metro pcs razr v3m with a verizon monster pack and like a idiot i didn't back-up my phone. so my question is can anybody please help me with a orignal firmware for the razr vem from metro pcs...thxs to anyone that responds....
    p.s
    feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] or hit me up on aim fordham68

Feedback Score
    I haven't been contacted for misusing my metroweb phone, but I very seldom use the web capablility. When I need it, though, it's there.

I have a wired handsfree adapter for my 2865. It was cheap at the Metropcs store. Just one earbud, but works for phone use. I also have earbuds for listening to the FM radio, but it has no mic for phone use...you just unplug it when you get a call. Both items plug into the bottom port, next to the charger inlet. These questions about earphones have little to do with tethering though.

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast