Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultimate guide to tethering & MetroPCS MSL (subsidy code/unlock phone) calculator

Device(s)
    NOKIA 6265I
    Carrier(s)
    CELLULARSOUTH
    Feedback Score
    can someone help me
    i have a nokia 6265i and i wanna use it as a modem. i have the usb cable connection
    cellularsouth is my service provider
    please help me someone

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Try the same settings in this thread, except leave the username blank, the password blank, and the gateway blank. I don't have CS service, so I can't test this for you. http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...866)#othercdma.

Feedback Score
    Where do you put the init string at??? +crm=1;+cso=33 On the computer or cell phone???

I have Metro PCS in Detroit,MI. It will connect, but will not stay connected more than a minute or so and my web browser, internet explorer, stays blank. I did not do anything to my cell phone, (didn't enter any codes) except pair it with my computer. I have the Samsung SCD-a870 and can not find anywhere where I can add any extra stuff.

On my computer, I added the #777 as phone number, the user name my [email protected] and the password: Metropcs.

I also entered the proxy server: wap.metropcs.net and port box 3128 on my computer as well. There is also the ip/url: 10.222.0.66 with port: 3128... where does that go? On the computer in place of the wap.metropcs.net or on my cell phone? If on the cell phone, how/where do I put it in??? Is it in expert mode? and what is all this about using the calculator to get codes??? How do you get the code to show up on there?

Am I missing something? I really appreciate your patience with me... I really am new to all this... cell phones in general. Thanks!

Device(s)
    Motorola KRZR K1mm
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score

Proxying Over MetroPCS on blocked port 80

The MetroPCS proxy may still deny you access to the web. I have also encountered this problem. To test whether your connection is valid visit a secured website https://www.paypal.com/ fo example.

This will connect to the website on port 443 (SSL) and the page should load. You can also use AOL Instant Messenger (http://www.aim.com for software) which will access the service via port 443. If the program connects or the paypal secured webpage loads then you need to use a proxy server.

Visit http://tools.rosinstrument.com/proxy/ and select a proxy from the list that uses port 3128 or 8080.

Such as one of these proxies provided by the University of New Mexico on the CoDeen CDN Network. (Good for anonymity)
    pl2.unm.edu:3128
    pl1.unm.edu:3124

To add these proxies go into your Options on your web browser, and enter manual proxy settings.
    HTTP Proxy (pl2.unm.edu) Port (3128)
    Check any option to use proxy for all protocols.

This should work without a hitch if you encounter a problem still then you should worry about the tethering (cable/bluetooth) and connection strings.

Fort Lauderdale MetroPCS logins are:
    Username: 1954#######@mymetropcs.com
    Password: 1111111

Happy hunting hope it works for you.
    - ADAMCS

"I know you were calling but I chose not to answer"

Quote Originally Posted by jjnelli
    Where do you put the init string at??? +crm=1;+cso=33 On the computer or cell phone???

I have Metro PCS in Detroit,MI. It will connect, but will not stay connected more than a minute or so and my web browser, internet explorer, stays blank. I did not do anything to my cell phone, (didn't enter any codes) except pair it with my computer. I have the Samsung SCD-a870 and can not find anywhere where I can add any extra stuff.

On my computer, I added the #777 as phone number, the user name my [email protected] and the password: Metropcs.

I also entered the proxy server: wap.metropcs.net and port box 3128 on my computer as well. There is also the ip/url: 10.222.0.66 with port: 3128... where does that go? On the computer in place of the wap.metropcs.net or on my cell phone? If on the cell phone, how/where do I put it in??? Is it in expert mode? and what is all this about using the calculator to get codes??? How do you get the code to show up on there?

Am I missing something? I really appreciate your patience with me... I really am new to all this... cell phones in general. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Anyone know how that MSL CALCULATOR works
    I am looking for my MSL code for a MOTO K1m ( Alltel )
    I live in canada and will be putting it on a CMDA NETwork here

Feedback Score

Marvelous!

Hi everyone!

I'm a novice; and I do mean novice. I joined your site yesterday and I wanted to say YOU GUYS ARE SIMPLY MARVELOUS!

Have a great day!
    Josette (aka: jma1117) :clapping

Device(s)
    Nokia 6265i
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Does this guide still work?
    MetroPCS Forum including service tips, tricks, and guides found at Xphilez.com (mobiles section).

Nokia 6265i Guide can be found at Xphilez.com!

MetroPCS MSL (Subsidy Code/Unlock Phone) Calculator, Download, and Detailed Guide!

Device(s)
    HTC Touch
    Carrier(s)
    cricKet
    Feedback Score
    I can't seem to figure this one out. The MSL generator isn't working for me... well, the link is down, and the Excel file... I can't open it because I don't have Excel on this computer, and I can't make sense of the OpenOffice file, either. I looked at the ESN numbers in the battery case of my phone, and here's what I saw: 037/08274701 and 237E430D. So how does this get me an MSL? Could someone explain this? Or calculate it for me?

Device(s)
    Moto v551
    Carrier(s)
    Metro
    Feedback Score

Wink

here ya go mate. 745160. Hope it works for you, its standard.
    When you find yourself in darkness cling to what you remember of the light.

Device(s)
    HTC Touch
    Carrier(s)
    cricKet
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Nokia2865i/2.0 (FL100V1000.nep) UP.Browser/6.2.3.8 MMP/2.0)

Quote Originally Posted by heroshima
    here ya go mate. 745160. Hope it works for you, its standard.
    Cool, thanks. But how do I use it?

Device(s)
    HTC Touch
    Carrier(s)
    cricKet
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LordOfTheCynics
    Wirelessly posted (Nokia2865i/2.0 (FL100V1000.nep) UP.Browser/6.2.3.8 MMP/2.0)

Cool, thanks. But how do I use it?
    Nevermind, I figured it out. That one you gave me didn't work, but I got one that did.

I got the tethering to work, too, thanks to you all! I get decent speed, connects at 912 kbps. W00t!

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

help~

Alright I have a HEX ESN number and I converted it into the 11 digit DECIMAL but the output KEY is only 5 DIGITS!!! ... i need a 6 DIGIT pass if I am not mistaken...

What am I doing wrong?

Device(s)
    Motorola KRZR K1mm
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score

Thumbs up Miscalculation? Maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior86
    Alright I have a HEX ESN number and I converted it into the 11 digit DECIMAL but the output KEY is only 5 DIGITS!!! ... i need a 6 DIGIT pass if I am not mistaken...

What am I doing wrong?

Okay some you should have a 6 digit number. Post your HEX or DEC ESN and I will post the calculation of the MSL code. You mas just need to add a zero (0) to the beginning or the end. Otherwise I will be monitoring the post for your response to see what went wrong.

Also post the 5 digit MSL code you got and let see how close you are...

-Adamcs
    "I'm Krazy for Krazer"

Device(s)
    Nokia 6265i
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Does this work with the 6265i? Does this mean I can connect my phone to my notebook and surf the web? Will it still have that crappy 60 server issue?

Thanks,

FifthE1ement

Device(s)
    Nokia 6265i
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    I got it to work with my 6265i and my Windows XP Pro based PC over BlueTooth and it was quite simple!

First I installed the latest version of Nokia's PC Suite which contains all of the device drivers that will be needed. Then I simply went to the control panel and setup a new Bluetooth connection with my 6265i. I went through the setup and then Windows asked me to install the drivers for a Bluetooth modem (Standard Modem over Bluetooth link). I choose to have Windows find and install the drivers which worked fine. I then setup a new connection via the network connection wizard in Windows. I used the same setup as suggested in this guide (Number #777, Username [email protected], Password 000000). I kept all other options standard and it is not necessary to change the security settings. The only options I changed were the modem configuration option to change the speed of the modem to connect faster (921600) and the never kill connection option (redialing options). You'll also need to add the Nokia Modem user string into the modem information commands box (+crm=1;+cso=33). Simply goto the control panel and then goto phone modems and config the Bluetooth link, advanced modem config add the string. If you get an error connecting that says remote computer did not respond and if your phone refuses to stay connected try starting PC Suite and connecting via Bluetooth. Then try connecting and it should work fine, which it did for me. You will now need to go to the internet options and choose the connections tab. You’ll need to choose the new connection you created from the list and press the settings button. Once in the settings options you’ll need to change the proxy server information. Choose use a proxy and then change the settings to the one that is recommended (wap.metropcs.com 3128). I then place my phone where it gets the best signal and surf the net freely! It connects very slow (921.6 Kbps) and I suggest raising your cached temporary internet files to the maximum for quicker page loading. Also turn off images under advanced options for even faster browsing. Once you visit a few pages and their images get stored in the cache it will be much easier to load them next time, as in faster... This allows you to check your emails in Outlook, use any IM proggies, and do just about anything else that will use your internet browser proxy settings. And just a note, sometimes if you let the net connection sit for a few minutes your browser will be redirected to a metropcs page. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

FifthE1ement
    Last edited by Fifthe1ement; 09-03-2007 at 02:19 PM.

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast