Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: LG 8600 Hacking thread

Device(s)
    Samsung Omnia i910
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    hmmm? didn't see this quick reply, I like!

Device(s)
    LG 8600
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    I just bought a usb cable and now I am trying to use Bitpim. My phone is an LG8600 on Telus Bitpim detects it as LG-VX-8100. I have tried sending a couple of mp3 ringtones that I have cut to about 20 seconds in Audacity when I hit send phone data I get an error page I hit continue and nothing happens. Can someone please tell me what may help. I have been reading all the forums it seems easy but its just not working.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 8900
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nicd02
    I just bought a usb cable and now I am trying to use Bitpim. My phone is an LG8600 on Telus Bitpim detects it as LG-VX-8100. I have tried sending a couple of mp3 ringtones that I have cut to about 20 seconds in Audacity when I hit send phone data I get an error page I hit continue and nothing happens. Can someone please tell me what may help. I have been reading all the forums it seems easy but its just not working.
    In Bitpim, manually set the phone to VX8600. This won't fix the error you're encountering since Bitpim doesn't yet fully support Telus phones, but it will be slightly more compatible.

To add ringtones, you'll need to use the 'Filesystem' feature of Bitpim, and a hex editor to manually edit some files. Read some of the Chocolate ringtone threads for more info.
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1037702
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1179118

Feedback Score
    when i flip open the phone the telus logo shows up, how do i change that to my own picture?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aplen22
    yes, it is different, that has already been established. the main difference being of course the DRM issue with the ringtones. My question is, has anyone tested the removal of the dat files yet?
    It amkes your uploaded mp3 ringtones recognizable but whn you set them as the ringtone it says you cant uses a non telus-drm ringtone and now the ringtone I BOUGHT from telus is also unuseable f***.

Feedback Score
    you know what the worst part is....TELUS (a.k.a worst service provider ever) does not even give u a selection fo more than 20 ringtones to download from and if you want any that are 2+ months old than you are out of luck.

Device(s)
    TE365 LG Neon
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Badrush
    It amkes your uploaded mp3 ringtones recognizable but whn you set them as the ringtone it says you cant uses a non telus-drm ringtone and now the ringtone I BOUGHT from telus is also unuseable f***.
    All you have to do is hex edit your oma_ringtone.dat file.

There is a simple formula to make the proper changes so that all your ringtones are available.

My GF got the Flip and I've already got an old phone ringer and the classic boomroom.wav ringtones on her phone plus kept her telus bought ringtone all available.

It's the games for both the 8600/8500 that we haven't cracked yet well, without just replacing already existing apps/games.

Feedback Score

Cool

Anyone know what format games are in? Ive downloaded one from telus and ill see if i can figure out how to share it...tho i will need help.

Device(s)
    TE365 LG Neon
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Badrush
    Anyone know what format games are in? Ive downloaded one from telus and ill see if i can figure out how to share it...tho i will need help.
    It's Java/J2ME. the format of the games isn't the issue, it's the ContentInfo file and the ExecutionInfo file in the db folder that's the issue. If we can't get the info into those two files correctly, it either doesn't show in your list of games/apps or it doesn't run.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 8900
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    This thread describes how to add new / custom apps for $0.50
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1213275

This thread details the ContentInfo / ExecutionInfo file format:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showpost...8&postcount=57

m2c,
    Jason

Device(s)
    TE365 LG Neon
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jtang613
    This thread describes how to add new / custom apps for $0.50
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1213275

This thread details the ContentInfo / ExecutionInfo file format:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showpost...8&postcount=57

m2c,
    Jason
    Yeah the first thread I had read awhile back, didn't catch the update of redownloading the app/game to create a new entry. Had lost the thread. Got it bookmarked now.

The second thread still isn't complete. ExecutionInfo is still empty of reverse engineering (needed for the app running as you well know). It seems the small tidbits that you aren't sure of in ContentInfo don't inhibit the use of it.

I must say, you have made the most progress with those files out of everyone. In a very short time you far surpassed anything I could do and so I had been waiting to see the outcome of your efforts. Especially since I was mostly shooting in the dark. I mean, I understood them to be databases.... But to decipher it... Lack of experience on this end.

Peace.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 8900
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TomCat39
    Yeah the first thread I had read awhile back, didn't catch the update of redownloading the app/game to create a new entry. Had lost the thread. Got it bookmarked now.

The second thread still isn't complete. ExecutionInfo is still empty of reverse engineering (needed for the app running as you well know). It seems the small tidbits that you aren't sure of in ContentInfo don't inhibit the use of it.

I must say, you have made the most progress with those files out of everyone. In a very short time you far surpassed anything I could do and so I had been waiting to see the outcome of your efforts. Especially since I was mostly shooting in the dark. I mean, I understood them to be databases.... But to decipher it... Lack of experience on this end.

Peace.
    Yeah, I did end up deciphering the ExecutionInfo as well as created a couple Linux apps to rehash the ContentInfo as well as add new entries to both. However, after realizing that even updating both files didn't achieve any useful results - and stumbling across the 50-cent method - I never bothered updating that thread with executioninfo info.

I'll compile a better, more up-to-date document of what I've learned so others can take a go at it. But really, what we need is for someone to diff a before & after app download of the phone's filesystem, noting any changes outside /brew/ams and diff'ing
    the hex dumps of any other files modified in order to determine where the 3rd index is located. I'll probably get around to it eventually, but lately I've just been too busy.

J

Device(s)
    TE365 LG Neon
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jtang613
    Yeah, I did end up deciphering the ExecutionInfo as well as created a couple Linux apps to rehash the ContentInfo as well as add new entries to both. However, after realizing that even updating both files didn't achieve any useful results - and stumbling across the 50-cent method - I never bothered updating that thread with executioninfo info.

I'll compile a better, more up-to-date document of what I've learned so others can take a go at it. But really, what we need is for someone to diff a before & after app download of the phone's filesystem, noting any changes outside /brew/ams and diff'ing
    the hex dumps of any other files modified in order to determine where the 3rd index is located. I'll probably get around to it eventually, but lately I've just been too busy.

J
    I'm guessing from what you said here... Diff'ing the whole file tree, including the nvm folder? I can diff stuff's and report back. I just need to know what areas need diff;ing or if it's the whole phone system including the locked nvm folder.

Device(s)
    LG CX8600
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Hi Guys,

Is it possible to change the video resolution from 176x144 to something larger like 320x240?

Wasn't able to figure that out so far!

Cheers,
    Freddy

Device(s)
    TE365 LG Neon
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zfreddyzzz
    Hi Guys,

Is it possible to change the video resolution from 176x144 to something larger like 320x240?

Wasn't able to figure that out so far!

Cheers,
    Freddy
    The 8600 has a set resolution which is less than the 8500 @ 320x240.

Sorry, the LCD just isn't capable of higher.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast