Thread: VX8600 3G2 to SWF wallpaper

Device(s)
    LG VX8600
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

VX8600 3G2 to SWF wallpaper

I used SUPER to convert a 2 second 3g2 file to a swf file named wallpaperType2.

Then I overwrote the original wallpaperType2.swf on my VX8600 using BitPm, but when I try to play the file, it doesn't work. There's just a white screen.

Any suggestions? Anyone else ever try this?

Is there a specific ratio or bitrate or some other parameter requirement I need to meet?
    Last edited by cpuvvada; 03-21-2007 at 09:26 PM.

Device(s)
    LG Shine
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    i've heard that its a special version of flash file. V3 flash or ssomething. the shine wont play regular flash files . i have tried with no luck.

Device(s)
    LG VX8600
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Really? That's annoying. Anybody know of a shareware program that converts files to V3 flash format?

Device(s)
    LG Shine
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    if you find anything out PM me i've been looking everywhere for something which makes these "flash lite" files. but to be honest, im not sure what to be looking for. i cant find any parameters for this special SWF file. and LG is stupid as to not provide any info for content creators. whats even more stupid of LG is that the "default" folders on the shine are hidden, so when you sync it, you are unable to access the preloaded content SWF files, so you cant even disect the files to find out any info!

Device(s)
    Samsung S5 android, ATT Netgear Explote 815S,
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon wireless and AT&T
    Feedback Score
    make gif's, they run slower but they do keep repeating and they are a lot easier to create

also the phone might use the 3g2 video file as wallpaper the 8500 & the 9900 will do that

but the file only plays once and stops , it doesn't loop forever

but heh its wallpaper it doesn't show when your listening to music or making a call or using MW or texting,

who just sits and stares at the wallpaper, if you want to do that , then watch videos
    instead
    TheMopedwhiz aka TheeWizard,

Device(s)
    LG Shine
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    ya gifs work for now. but they are big. and if you try to make nice looking files you cant since its raster as opposed to vector like swf.

but your point is valid. who sits around and looks at their wallpaper.
    but i can tell you its damn cool and impresses peopl eahah

Device(s)
    LG VX8600
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Yes, you can make your 3gp and 3g2 files your wallpapers, no looping and no sound, but as themopedwhiz says, you shouldn't be watching videos as wallpaper. The reason gifs are such large files is because they work on a "slideshow" function, there are many versions of the images being 'flipped' quickly like a homemade flipbook, ie more data = more file size