Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Latest firmware gd87?

Device(s)
    Panasonic GD87 (A39 No Camera Sound, EEPROM Unlocked)
    Carrier(s)
    Orange UK
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    A51 is availible in Greece and there is a Vodafone version and a non-vodafone version.

Device(s)
    HTC myTouch3G, HTC Excaliber (Tmo Dash)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I have heard that there is an interface difference in the Firmware.... But I just did not see it when I had it loaded. My interface has been the same since A38. I suspect that the service center doing this upgrade is loading new parameters into this mobile....Especially now that GD87 is Vodafone live!

Device(s)
    HTC P4550 "Kaiser"
    Carrier(s)
    Sonera
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Hello!

A51 is the current, official software in Finland right now. My GD87 was updated from A22 to A51 last week. Finally my MMS and e-mail functions are working perfectly. I had difficulties with the operator as well with the former software (A22) 'cos MMS & e-mail didn't work.

The outfit hasn't changed so much. The numbers you dial are bolder than before and there's some minor changes in the "submenus".

The way you set the keyguard on has changed. Formerly you had to push the center of the navigate button, then 1 and *. Now you have to push 9 instead of *

P.S. I'm still waiting that somebody would contact me from the Panasonic import company here in Finland. I wrote them a complain about the way they're marketing their phones. Nobody ever told me that my phone isn't able to download any games. Neither did the importer do anything to distinguish the phones with the download ability and non-download ability I requested the new software or the new phone which has those download abilities. If I've paid 829 euros for this ******* phone, I wouldn't expect to have a "budget version" phone

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Realizing that you are upset, and probably justly so, is language like that neccessary on the forum?

Device(s)
    Panasonic GD87
    Carrier(s)
    Orange
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    You are not going to have much luck with buying consumer electronics if you don't do your research before parting with your money.

I hardly think Panasonic have misrepresented the phone in any way. The phone doesn't have Java, end of story.

Regards.

Device(s)
    Panasonic GD87 (A39 No Camera Sound, EEPROM Unlocked)
    Carrier(s)
    Orange UK
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I think he means the In-Fusio doesn't work and he expected it to.

Does it work in the US?

It works on Orange on the UK, i am not sure about the other networks...

Device(s)
    Now - HTC Wizard, SE W810i, Pana X701, Ercssn T68
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I think both parties are right. One one hand Panasonic is really doing a horrible job at supporting this phone, especially for us American users. It is made by Panasonic and it is not serviced by Panasonic... what a deal... I didn't buy mine, it was a gift, but if I paid 800+ euro for it i'd be just as mad as that guy.

On the other hand, Panasonic can do business the best way they see fit. They do not have to answer to anyone. Here's the product, you want it, buy it. As simple as that. To us consumers that may not sound very good, but a well established company such as Panasonic can make its policies as it sees them fit.

But anyway... i love the phone

Device(s)
    HTC P4550 "Kaiser"
    Carrier(s)
    Sonera
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    -> devis

You got my point! Great and thanks!!! Of course I'm mad after paying over 800 euros to get this GD87 and I wouldn't even know about the matter that I'm not able to download any in-fusio games to it if somebody hadn't told me about it in this forum

After I called to the technical staff of the importer and "raised a hell" on the phone, they told me that it's true, my phone's not able to download any games I'm just wondering why couldn't they say that to me when I was purchasing this phone I think that the importer should stress the point that you're not able to download any games to your GD87 if they're selling such a version of GD87. Now they're just quiet and haven't even replayed to my complaints Maybe I should give 'em a call again

By the way, I knew that this phone wasn't equipped with Java.

But in all, I'm satisfied with this phone. And I'd be even more safisfied if this game thing would be solved

P.S. Can somebody tell me about the different versions of GD87 which are on the market? Are these locked versions the only ones that are able to download the games or what?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    GO here

However, being in Finland you won't be able to download games anyway. Unless your operator just offered In-Fusio games, they are avaliable only in certain European countries and China. USA has no InFusio games... sucks ...

Device(s)
    HTC P4550 "Kaiser"
    Carrier(s)
    Sonera
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Huh, I already posted another thread but my message never got thru

Well, I called to the importer and they explained me everything. Now everything's ok. I got the point why I'm not able to download any games to my GD87.

Back to the topic: I heard from the importer that the newest test software is A53. It's made only for testing purposes (that's what I was told) but if it's accepted by the operators, there will be a brand new software version out in the near future. I'm going to give 'em a call after next two weeks and ask for the new software version

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Is that right? So they'll make a new software that implements more changes? Well, let's hope this one will be good....

Lost_Rebel, please ask your friends over at Pana USA if they can confirm this...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Since I lost the long winded posting I had typed due to some kind of error:rolleyes2:, here is the short answer.
    All features were implemented in A38. Anything above that target specifics fixes in specific networks.
    I had my mobile downgraded from A51 to A40 due to perceived stability issues.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4