Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Treo 680 (Rogers) freezing when making or trying to answer a call

Device(s)
    Treo 680
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

Treo 680 (Rogers) freezing when making or trying to answer a call

My Treo 680 freezes when I have an incoming call and fails to respond. I'd say it happens 4 out of 10 calls. It just hangs on the Answer, Ignore, Reply with Text screen.

After a couple of minutes, the phone starts to respond. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Also, 2 out of 10 times I try to make a call, it doesn't even dial...

Device(s)
    Treo 755P
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    Hard reset your unit so that its at its factory setting. Enter a few numbers that you use a lot manually and try it out for a day to see if you have the same problems. If you dont then its something you have installed that is causing the problem. If you do you need to get the unit repaired or something.

Device(s)
    Apple 8gb iPhone
    Feedback Score
    rocksztar:

I'm having the same problem as you. At first I thought that it might be because of the screen protector that I am currently using.

I'll try doing what smartphoner recommended even though I have been trying to avoid doing a hard reset.

Anybody else have any other ideas on what the problem might be? Should we return our phones and get replacement devices?

Device(s)
    Treo 680
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    thanks for the reply smartphoner, I'll try you suggestion

Device(s)
    Sharp SH-09D
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    yea i am getting delays too.. that happens ever so often.. did 2 hard resets, and it helps at first, and comes back eventually... and i dont have anything installed on my palm.. all my programs are on the sd card.. and i dont even use the web browser...
    [Selling 6FT DVI to DVI Cables]

My Call Sign for XBOX Live is : SS Talon
    My Call Sign for PS3 is : sstalon
    Game Center is : sstalon
    Ping is : sstalon
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
    This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    signature to help him gain world domination.

Device(s)
    Apple 8gb iPhone
    Feedback Score
    WoNGsTeR: I'm in the same situation as you.

So I guess a hard reset isn't the answer?

Anybody else besides the three of us have the same problem? I wonder if it's only Rogers branded phones having this problem?

Feedback Score
    Hey Guys.

I've been having a similar problem with my treo 680 as well (rogers branded). It's a very frustrating issue. It would freeze very frequently on incoming calls. On outgoing calls as well, it would lag for about 30 seconds before actually making the call.

One thing that has been working for me for the past 2 weeks (no freezing yet - knock on wood), is not having an SD card in the slot. I think my treo encountered problems with my particular SD card. So i'm trying to go without it for a while (so far so good) to see if that is the real reason.

Perhaps you guys can try this and see if you have similar success.

Device(s)
    Apple 8gb iPhone
    Feedback Score
    I'm experiencing the problem with never having the SD card in at all. So I don't think that is causing the problem.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8520
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Same problem here with a Rogers branded 680. I'm glad to know I'm not alone. I thought it might be due to a 3rd party app but I have deleted everything and am still having the problem. I haven't tried a hard reset but it looks like that's not helping much anyway...

Device(s)
    Sharp SH-09D
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    hey try getting a program called destaller its freeware, and you clean out any unwanted stuff that may still be there from a hardreset or any temp files ... my 680 seems to be stable so far...

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note II, Galaxy Note, iPhone 4, Nexus S
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Word of advice...turn off the automatic time sync. This causes random freezes.

Device(s)
    Apple 8gb iPhone
    Feedback Score
    I wonder why setting your time sync to auto, would have an effect on this?

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone / Palm Treo 750
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    I had this problem (freezing when answering call) 2 days ago. I also have a Treo 680 (Cingular originally, unlocked on Fido now). I removed a few games (Numberz was one of them) and the problem went away. Yours is also most likely a software glitch, see what you can remove.
    Palm M100 -> Handspring Treo 90 -> Sony Clie NR70v -> Dell Axim X3 (adv.) -> Dell Axim x50v -> Dell Axim x51v -> Nothing

Motorola RAZR V3 -> Nokia N73 -> Samsung i320n -> Nokia N73 -> HTC TyTN -> Palm Treo 680 -> Nokia E50 -> Apple iPhone (Dead) -> Apple iPhone & Palm Treo 750

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have the same "freezing" situation on my Rogers branded Treo 680. The device will freeze when answering a call.....about 50% of the time. I do not have any additional software installed, SD Card was/is installed.
    It's pretty frustrating to know that your $400+ Smartphone is subject to glitches like this. My $50 Motorolas are more reliable!

Anyhow, I'll check back and see if someone has pin-pointed the source of this glitch before I start resetting/installing/deleting.

Tom
    Last edited by Byzantio99; 03-24-2007 at 11:00 PM. Reason: typo
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...ght=byzantio99

Device(s)
    Sharp SH-09D
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Like torontonian said change you time update from automatic to manual.. that could help it..
    I also find that if i change my network settings from automatic to manual and select 850/1900 my receptions seems to be better, and less laggy...

Maybe its in my head.. haha.... also i have to change theses settings everytime i do a soft reset for my phone.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast