Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: v3xx loose hinge

Device(s)
    Moto Q9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

v3xx loose hinge

Are the current grey v3xx's still suffering from the "loose" left flip hinge. Mine's getting sloppier and I'm wondering should contact Moto for a replacement. I'm out of Cingular's 30 day return window.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9650
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    here is what you do. you call cingular and tell them they will do an xbm. this gets you new or refurb moto and you have to send back your broken. I would just contact cingular instead of motorola.

Device(s)
    Moto Q9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MyPyle
    here is what you do. you call cingular and tell them they will do an xbm. this gets you new or refurb moto and you have to send back your broken. I would just contact cingular instead of motorola.
    I visited the Cingular store I purchased the phone from first...then called Cingular directly to see it had been updated/revised. They had no knowledge of a change, so at their recommendation....I called Motorola. Motorola claimed they knew nothing about the problem.

Hence my question, has anybody who has recently purchased the v3xx noticed the loose hinge. Maybe mine was part of an early, problematic batch, which has since been revised........or maybe they are still being sold loose.

thanks...

Feedback Score
    I Just purchased the v3xx - seems fine to me - was yours fine at the time of the purchase and then as time went by - it deteriorated?

Device(s)
    Moto Q9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by inspector
    I Just purchased the v3xx - seems fine to me - was yours fine at the time of the purchase and then as time went by - it deteriorated?
    Mine was a tad loose at purchase.....as were a number of others I looked at then. It's since deteriorated.....As I wiggle the flip, I see the left hinge pin move around in both the flip, and the main body....time for a replacement.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G 16gig white
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T and Nextel
    Feedback Score
    my gunmetal v3xx wasnt really loose when i got it. it does have a bit of side-to-side slop though. I just go the gold v3xx also today and it is much tighter than the gunmetal model. It also doesnt have the flat spot for the inside camera. i wonder if it has a different hinge?

Device(s)
    Nokia 6682
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Mine is sloppy when closed, but tight with no wobble when open. It has been that way since I got it 2.5 weeks ago. I think I will go in and look at others to see if they are that way. If I can improve the sloppiness with another I guess I should do that prior to my 30 days.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3G S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    i just got a V3xx yesterday and checked the hinge. mine is sturdy while closed and opened.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    Attws
    Feedback Score
    My hinge was nice and tight when I got it day 1 of the release. It has since gone down hill and wiggles somewhat. I still dont think its a reason to panic..

Device(s)
    Moto Q9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Good news.....the third Cingular rep I talked to (the first two pawned me off to Motorola repair) hooked me up. I received my replacement v3xx today and the hinge is much tighter closed....and locked when open. I'm a happy camper. Thanks Cingular. Unfortunate it took so much effort, but persistance paid off.

Device(s)
    V3B /// S710a, Nokia 8890, Nokia 6590i, NEC 515 returned, /// P800, /// T62u, Nokia 6610, /// T610
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

Gold V3xx hinge

I have had 2 gold v3xx's and the left hinge has been extremely loose of both of them. I know it doesn't affect the phone but it just bothers me. I have exchanged it instore twice now and both have been the same way. Whats the number for xbm?

Thanks
    Currently:
    Moto V3I/T D&G edition
    S/W Version:
    R3443U5_G_0E.C8.0DR
    Flex Version:
    GSUSLQADGTMB01NA013-
    1.0.1.3.0.2.0.5B.22.0.1O.0.1.0.3
    V.3L.1.2K.51.60
    H/W Version:
    SJUG2057BA

Boot Loader
    0A.30.
    SW Version:
    R3443U5_G_0E.C.8.0.DR

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by qballxx
    I have had 2 gold v3xx's and the left hinge has been extremely loose of both of them. I know it doesn't affect the phone but it just bothers me. I have exchanged it instore twice now and both have been the same way. Whats the number for xbm?

Thanks
    Well, gold is a soft metal...
    Gig 'em Aggies!

"Switch. Enjoy. Gloat. Exalt. Recommend." That is evolution under a Mac banner. Compare it with "Settle. Puzzle. Tweak. Complain. B#tch. Upgrade. Patch. Replace." That seems to better describe the Windows universe.
    Forum Comment

Device(s)
    Moto Q9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by qballxx

Thanks
    800-801-1101

Device(s)
    Verizon iPhone 4S
    Feedback Score
    As long as the RAZR's been out, I've noticed the left hinge can be loose at times.

Bummer they never really shaken that monkey off the RAZR's back.
    Air goes in and out. Blood goes round and round. Any deviation is a problem.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 8310
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mikiedreb
    Good news.....the third Cingular rep I talked to (the first two pawned me off to Motorola repair) hooked me up. I received my replacement v3xx today and the hinge is much tighter closed....and locked when open. I'm a happy camper. Thanks Cingular. Unfortunate it took so much effort, but persistance paid off.
    Make sure you do all your business wth that rep or store, and refer people there as well.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast